• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh you guys.

aifjlol.gif

I feel like the current community vote was made just to spite me.
I feel like the current flash and community vote's eight hour time limits combined with the constant invasion by daily deal games is pushing me to not even check this stuff anymore. It's kinda annoying between sleep, work and doing other stuff. It's not worth it to come back to disappointment every eight hours.

Now I know that a 385 game library isn't the cause of my lowered purchasing frequency.
Yeah, valve need to seriously rethink their sales structure cos all it seems to do is piss people off.

For a service that seemed to understand the value of curating games both big and small, why constantly keep putting the same old shit on sale multiple times?!
The cash influx from those AAA heavy hitters on discount must be the nicest high for both the publishers and Valve so they just keep coming back to it at the expense of other games that could use the exposure on the front page.
Especially conceding that Valve has allowed the amount of games on the store to balloon at a ridiculous rate the past 6 months.
That too....

At least now I know that the number of games in my library isn't the root cause of my wallet being full during steam sales.

... I should not be complaining about having a meaty wallet lol!

Costia

No big price error too... unless you count the 90% OFF Can't Stop Laughning Bundle... but nah...

Sounds like you missed yesterday's price error. Valiant hearts for 0.20$ on the russian steam store. It's region free so it was being traded for 1TF key on tf2outpost.

nbthedude

I feel like the current flash and community vote's eight hour time limits combined with the constant invasion by daily deal games is pushing to not even check this stuff anymore. It's kinda annoying between sleep, work and doing other stuff. It's not worth it to come back to disappointment every eight hours.

Now I know that a 385 game library isn't the cause of my lowered purchasing frequency.

The cash influx from those AAA heavy hitters on discount must be the nicest high for both the publishers and Valve so they just keep coming back to it at the expense of other games that could use the exposure on the front page.

There just just be an indie category. Whether indie flash sales or indie community vote. That would solve most of the problems.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I have too much on my credit card already. Ikaruga , Double Dragon Neon and all those other games I want I`ve failed you.

Now to sleep cause I had a long day. Later guys and #TeamRed keep kicking ass!

nbthedude

I actually feel alot better now that I just impulse bought Dark Souls 2, now I can chill this whole sale! I just impulse bought every game I wanted to go on sale like Ikaruga, Half Minute Hero, Resident Evil 4 (I still wanted 50%) and Dark Souls.

Now I just have to figure out whether I want Shovel Knight with achievements on Steam or to just get it for Wii U.

I bought it for Steam. I'll have it on Steam forever on any PC I ever own in the future or even if I just want to download it while visiting friends or relatives or share it in my library with them via friends and family sharing.

Good luck getting it to transfer to a new console or even another Wii U a few years from now.

Also:

-trading cards (for collection/wallpaper or for sale to make it cheaper)
-support for any controller you ever want to use
-steam chat and message with my friends while playing

All that plus true infinite backwards compatibility/universal access beats Wii U gamepad support in my opinion.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I really missed you being around when the big Valiant Hearts/Russian key trading stuff was going on. Your insight into the Steam Prison Economy would have saved some of these poor souls.

Just for you: here's the gif I would have posted:
iw4O8AKX5aQIa.gif

oti

Banned
I really wish Ubisoft cocked up Child of Light's pricing, too.

I'm a terrible person.

I know people working for Ubisoft. Didn't take advantage of the pricing mistake because of it. Couldn't do it.

That said, I don't wanna pay 25€ on AC IV either. :)
It's about balance.

Dingotech

Surely it's getting to the point where valve should just straight up give each person what they voted for in terms of deals.

More sales all round IMO and happier customers.

There just just be an indie category. Whether indie flash sales or indie community vote. That would solve most of the problems.
Nah, I like that Valve has just dropped that sort of label so that indies are on equal standing with all the other games out there. Some stuff like Ikaruga is just old and other niche stuff from Japan can even be made by a full team. Now indie guys can even hit it big with early access or get funding for bigger stuff that blurs the line like Giant Squid with ABZU (the guys who made Flower and Journey for PS3).

It's not a very good label and I REALLY don't want the inevitable "AAA" category to creep on the front page when daily deals are already slathered with AAA stuff.

Anybody have some extra cards? Just need 1, 2, and 7 before I can make my badge! I have an extra of 4 and 5 if you need them :)

(I'm locked at of the market place for trying to use that movie money lol D: )

Grief.exe

That too....

At least now I know that the number of games in my library isn't the root cause of my wallet being full during steam sales.

... I should not be complaining about having a meaty wallet lol!

You will be thankful for a having more disposable income this fall. 2014 is incredibly bottom heavy in terms of game releases.

I consider System Shock 2 a horror game myself. I loved Bioshock 1 but while it got a nice atmosphere and couple of jump scares, there was nothing as terrifying as one single regular enemy from SS2.

This is certainly a very suitable position, it's certainly far closer to a horror game than Bioshock is at the very minimum. The character designs (some you've quoted being quite strong, while the ninjas are, in my opinion, probably the weakest in terms of a horror atmosphere), the difficulty of the enemies throughout the game, the resource management aspect, the labyrinthian level design which mix tight corridors with body-covered open area, the placement of items/corpses on the maps, the audiologs, and the sound design in general creating a sense of dread, uneasy, and being almost intrusive upon one's senses (The Many and [spoiler I guess?]
Shodan
in particular being very strong from this aspect), all really work well together in making it much more of a prolonged, intense horror than Bioshock outside of the opening act. The only real thing that works against System Shock 2 in this aspect is its graphics (which, while serviceable, certainly cannot have the same level of detail as in Bioshock), but the other areas more than compensate for it.

Thank you very, very much DreadLord. Heard great things about this game!

Can anyone tell what System Shock 2 mods I should get?

For the individual asking about System Shock 2 mods, personally, I don't feel that they're necessary, in searching I found this album http://imgur.com/a/1BjFg (here's the Reddit thread on it http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1e4s2v/system_shock_2_with_mods_looks_amazing_for_a_pc/ and there's a post with all of the mods compiled on it if you've an interest) and this article www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/14/system-shock-2-mods-upgrade-the-visuals-of-your-imminent-doom-insect/ which certainly improve the graphics, but I would honestly not use it myself as I think it detracts somewhat from the character models in both instances (and in the article's case, I think the sound effects are inferior for the enemy displayed). Ultimately, it is up to you as to what you do, however.

dex3108

I hate Bethesda policy about DLC pricing. I want Brigmore Witches DLC for Dishonored but price is ridiculous. GOTY edition is cheaper than 2 SP DLCs.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Finally got to sit down and play Rogue Legacy for the first time. Holy shit, this game is awesome! Having a blast with this. Might be the best thing I've purchased during this sale.

The anime gaf persecution is real!!!

You just wait. Neptunia Rebirth steam ver will come and you will accept japonese animu games as your lord and saviour
Excellent... and this is coming from someone who doesn't mind a fresh cup of morning moe heh.
You will be thankful for a having more disposable income this fall. 2014 is incredibly bottom heavy in terms of game releases.
Tell me about it. Hopefully we can just get deals on Ikaruga and Typing of the Dead:Overkill (got a cousin who wants this and I love it). Then I can hold off because this winter will be brutal.

AsylumX

Valiant Hearts for ~0.15 wasn't too bad. By the time I traded a key for two copies and sold the extra copy back for a key, I was pretty happy.

Besides the valiant hearts for like 7c?

Sounds like you missed yesterday's price error. Valiant hearts for 0.20$ on the russian steam store. It's region free so it was being traded for 1TF key on tf2outpost.

I didn't, but i don't considered a price error on the russian site, for a game that wasn't on most people's radar, something big. I was thinking something on par with Dishonored GOTY or Don't Starve from previous sales and so on... Something big...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom