• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabasco

If a game has been a daily deal before, will it re-appear again during the last days of the sale?

I'm assuming that's what usually happens, but I would like confirmation.

so, now that i kinda understand this whole tf2 key market i have a question: whens the best time to scoop up some keys?

anywhere but the market. Through SteamTrades you can usually find people that will accept paypal for keys for roughly $1.90 a pop. Easier if you can find a GAFfer that can hook you up.

Shoot was happy with Dirt 3 until I realize I can't save my darn game because of GFWL!

Well the devs said they'll fix it soon and upgrade everyone. Hope that means free dlc for the inconvenience!

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
May GabeN read your words and make it happen. I'm sure Ikaruga got plenty of votes to justify a flash sale before this Sale ends.

There's still hope.

It can happen! Yesterday I put up a modbot galciv1+2 giveaway to please the strategy gods since I wanted EU4 today. And well, it worked.

Cth

So is there any game on steam that is like Settlers of Cataan? or Dominion? (those are board games if you don't know)

As others mentioned, Talisman.

There's also Elder Sign..

I'd recommend just getting Tabletop Simulator as most of the popular board game have been fan translated.

Sendou

If a game has been a daily deal before, will it re-appear again during the last days of the sale?

I'm assuming that's what usually happens, but I would like confirmation.

Any game might reappear at any time really. Last day has a compilation of sales featuring more popular games. That is not all games.

Every Steam sale I get so tempted to buy Dark Souls. But then I realize I'm a filthy casual who would probably get really frustrated and end up quitting, so I never buy it.

In other news, why was the Skyrim DLC only 50% off when the game was 75% off? That was lame.

I know it's a bummer Ikaruga didn't win guys....but it's ONLY 5 FUCKING DOLLARS. Down from 10. BUY THE FUCKING THING ALREADY.

I paid around 60+ dollars for it on GC, and it was totally worth it (if you like these games).

Buying it regardless! Gonna wait till the last day though just in case.

Hugstable

Banned
I actually feel alot better now that I just impulse bought Dark Souls 2, now I can chill this whole sale! I just impulse bought every game I wanted to go on sale like Ikaruga, Half Minute Hero, Resident Evil 4 (I still wanted 50%) and Dark Souls.

Now I just have to figure out whether I want Shovel Knight with achievements on Steam or to just get it for Wii U.

Exokell

Banned
Bought south park for a shitty price of 40 bucks and I know come holiday it will be around 15 bucks. But men, love the game. Reminds me of the original paper Mario. I would gladly buy a wiiu if they had another traditional paper mario

Damn, I want RE:R....especially the dlc contents lol. If I would pick between getting RE4 and RE:R, it would be RE:R since I've played RE4 many times on GC, Wii, and XBL.

mannerbot

STG people: is Astebreed really that good?

I'm wondering that myself, but I'm pretty sure the answer is no. Just seems to get buzz based on the graphics. I watched a little bit of a replay on YouTube and it pretty much killed the hype for me. There's a lot of gimmicky perspective changing and stuff, not a fan.

anywhere but the market. Through SteamTrades you can usually find people that will accept paypal for keys for roughly $1.90 a pop. Easier if you can find a GAFfer that can hook you up.

Hmm, but isn't the point of getting it straight from the market that it eliminates any chance of shady business? I'll check out steam trades as per your advice but i dunno.

Shadownet

Banned
not online, offline steam app

go to playcatan.com for online

http://steamcommunity.com/app/239410/discussions/0/540738051965049608/

have anyone played it? How is it? It's not too much of a deal breaker for me to play it with bots.

Tailsman isn't a bad board game port. Can slog a bit at the end but so did the original.

ohh and its on sale. will check it out. thanks!

Probably better off asking in boardgame thread but check ouy memoir 44 (and ticket to ride?) by days of wonder. I think theres a title called 7 grand steps or something that had a boardgame feel. Also check out card city nights, it's cheap.

will take a look see! thank you!

Why all the same games repeat themselves in flash sale?
It has become beyond annoying to see games that were on daily deals as part of flash and community votes MULTIPLE times. Valve needs to ban daily deal games from flash and community vote slots full-stop. Then they need to go two steps further and double the number of flash sale slots on top of giving old community and flash votes 8 hour periods for people who missed out just like the "yesterday's big deals" slots. It feels like Valve's front page goes to the highest bidders at this point instead of showcasing variety and deals on new stuff.

Also, fuck the community's voting habits. Glad I didn't stay up for Ikaruga.

Kanokare

http://steamdb.info/sub/32801/
http://steamdb.info/sub/32800/

Both have the onlyallowrunincountries tag, so they have a run time region lock. Asian copies don't have it though, that's what people are selling for 9 or 10 keys.

http://steamdb.info/sub/32624/history/

This is the one I found o_O. This one here shows the restriction was added and then removed. Mine's outdated or something maybe?
I also don't know much about steamDB, I just follow word of mouth and that might've been costly if it's true that the RU is region locked.

Blue-kun

Giveaways 101 again: assuming I want to repost a giveaway on a new page (for awareness), I just need to quote the ModBot message again?

Pepboy

So is there any game on steam that is like Settlers of Cataan? or Dominion? (those are board games if you don't know)

Oh I almost forgot Space Hulk! It's a great boardgame adaptation, ignore earlier reviews about bugs. Other games not in my original reply:

Bloodbowl -- Easy to sink in a ton of time!
SmallWorld -- Good boardgame not sure about the implementation
Elder Signs Omen -- Great, but very tough game. iPad is also tops.
Zooloretto -- Won Spiel Des Jahres a decade ago, no idea about steam version
100% Orange Juice -- No idea

Blearth

Banned
Thing is that I played RE4 on the PS2 already. I know it's highly replayable but that's something I usually don't do. And then there's all the other games I already bought.

I said anyone who hasn't played it yet.

You've played it. Your soul has been redeemed already. Just not in HD.

Deitus

Giveaways 101 again: assuming I want to repost a giveaway on a new page (for awareness), I just need to quote the ModBot message again?

Yeah, just quote it from the PM again. Alternately, you could just link your previous post, but it's less likely to get noticed that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom