• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

It has become beyond annoying to see games that were on daily deals as part of flash and community votes MULTIPLE times. Valve needs to ban daily deal games from flash and community vote slots full-stop. Then they need to go two steps further and double the number of flash sale slots on top of giving old community and flash votes 8 hour periods for people who missed out just like the "yesterday's big deals" slots. It feels like Valve's front page goes to the highest bidders at this point instead of showcasing variety and deals on new stuff.

Also, fuck the community's voting habits. Glad I didn't stay up for Ikaruga.

Yeah, valve need to seriously rethink their sales structure cos all it seems to do is piss people off.

For a service that seemed to understand the value of curating games both big and small, why constantly keep putting the same old shit on sale multiple times?!

Hmm, but isn't the point of getting it straight from the market that it eliminates any chance of shady business? I'll check out steam trades as per your advice but i dunno.

you can buy from the market, but you'll be paying .40 more per key. It's up to you. You can also buy from marketplace.tl in bulk, but still...it depends on how much you want to spend/save

Is there any way of viewing a list of everything that's in the Summer sale, but not a daily/flash/community? On the last day, I want to do a final sweep.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any way of viewing a list of everything that's in the Summer sale, but not a daily/flash/community? On the last day, I want to do a final sweep.

Steamdb still has the flash/daily/community sales, but it has everything else too.

Holy, TS 2014 Train Sim's dlc is $1,698! :O

That's more than my rig, lol!

A certain group of people eat all of that up. The best part is that 2014 is basically the same as 2013.

Chariot

Was just looking at that shit...wtf are they smoking over there.
I actually know someone who spend a few hundred bucks on DLCs to some trainsimulator. Needless to say, he is a train geek in general.

At least he is not the guy who tried to marry his toytrain.

Zafir

http://steamdb.info/sub/32624/history/

This is the one I found o_O. This one here shows the restriction was added and then removed. Mine's outdated or something maybe?
I also don't know much about steamDB, I just follow word of mouth and that might've been costly if it's true that the RU is region locked.

Seems to be an old one, yeah. You can tell its the one being sold on steam if it has the current russian price on the main sub page.

Jadax

I actually know someone who spend a few hundred bucks on DLCs to some trainsimulator. Needless to say, he is a train geek in general.

Their market is much smaller than other games, so they have to make up for it with higher prices. And people buy that shit, too.

Seems like it. Just saw the first 3-4 reviews..each with 500 hrs+ in the game...Definitely need to be a train enthusiast to spend all that time and money on it.

I don't think I have 500hrs + in all my games combined!

ZeroCDR

My 2nd giveaway!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

portada_200260.jpg
header.jpg

Pid -- MB-D3827F5C1761C071 - Taken by Pakkidis
Batman Arkham City GOTY -- MB-8C6F66AFFA2C92BB
Cortex Command -- MB-BAD30C3DAEEC03C1
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-779C41887C02B96E
Humble Indie Bundle 2 -- MB-2700801A9FBD1038 - Taken by crazyrabbits

t1403821430z1.png

Just a reminder, my giveaway is still up, if anyone is interested:

Instructions for super-famicom:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FINAL FANTASY VIII -- MB-B6505C8BB754925C

t1403814666z1.png

nbthedude

have anyone played it? How is it? It's not too much of a deal breaker for me to play it with bots.

ohh and its on sale. will check it out. thanks!

will take a look see! thank you!

My favorites are Ticket to Ride and Greed Corp. Both turn based multilplayer games on Steam and both are lots of fun (especially Greed Corp once everybody learns how to play it).

I also picked up Talisman this sale but haven't played it yet so can't comment yet.

I'm thinking of picking up 100% Orange Juice but I don't know anything about it other than it is a board game with multiplayer and apparently features pudding (??).

But the granddady of this genre on PC in my opinion is Civ V. I'm sure you've already played it with friends but it's like a living board game with those awesome animations and aesthetics.

I know it's not much, but it's something. First time doing this so I hope it works.

ModBot said:
Instructions for KINGofCRA5H:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ascension to the Throne -- MB-E6BF63E9DED15177 - Taken by Aitor. 2 entrants total.
Wizardry 8 -- MB-1BAEE9D84F486E44 - Taken by slayzz. 10 entrants total.
Wizardry 6 & 7 -- MB-AB0CDDC3F7A8AC09 - Taken by longlivegaming. 2 entrants total.

t1403811931z1.png

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
If I get Brave New World, do I also need Gods and Kings? Or will I receive most of the same content with only the latest expansion? I already own the base game.

beta_fuse

I still can't believe how expensive Age of Mythology is. $30 regular price is just crazy and $23 on sale isn't all that great. Sucks because this is one game I was really looking forward to and if it got a significant discount I know all my friends would also jump on it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
You know that you voted for Borderlands like I just did.

It's been a rough week for me. I was made to actually agree with Justice Scalia with his opinion on Aereo AND I had to vote for Borderlands 2.

If it had been made just to spite you, I'd be seeing a lot more Serious Sam on that page.

Serious Sam 2 on one side, Serious Sam 3 on the other?

....hm yeah, I would usually vote for Goat Sim but then there's Borderlands....

Oh god it can get worse.

Shadownet

Banned
Leftover guys
ModBot said:
Instructions for Shadownet:

I am giving away 22 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Manhunter #2 -- MB-1F31EFE846E2D5D4
Cobi Treasure Deluxe #2 -- MB-A717661E45C316AB
Ascension to the Throne #2 -- MB-4C9BC917BB5C7C18
Wizardry 6 & 7 -- MB-82DBFAD1FCA39368
Chompy Chomp Chomp -- MB-F336120A655351E4 - Taken by smashdude50. 9 entrants total.
UFO: Aftermath #2 -- MB-5C0D942EBD670A56
Cobi Treasure Deluxe -- MB-A717661E45C316AB
Ascension to the Throne -- MB-3A297EADAB83D8F2 - Taken by PandaPandaPanda. 3 entrants total.
Realms of the Haunting -- MB-DDFF8026A5876B1F - Taken by Black Soma. 3 entrants total.
Humanity Asset -- MB-2B24653CCC277E2D
Realms of the Haunting #2 -- MB-DDFF8026A5876B1F - Taken by Black Soma. 3 entrants total.
Soulbringer #2 -- MB-3D5E08C85A7807DA
Chompy Chomp Chomp #2 -- MB-F336120A655351E4 - Taken by smashdude50. 9 entrants total.
Manhunter -- MB-1F31EFE846E2D5D4
Marine Sharpshooter II:Jungle Warfare #2 -- MB-A9F8CC7B1F69532D
Grimind #2 -- MB-C828A2989EF65417
UFO: Aftershock -- MB-96EF603DA6B871D8
UFO: Aftershock #2 -- MB-2C0D38145ADF83EE
Grimind -- MB-C828A2989EF65417
Humanity Asset #2 -- MB-2B24653CCC277E2D
Marine Sharpshooter II:Jungle Warfare -- MB-A9F8CC7B1F69532D
Soulbringer -- MB-3D5E08C85A7807DA

t1403821562z1.png

sleepykyo

You know that you voted for Borderlands like I just did.

I voted for Blood Dragon, even though I liked Borderlands. Still undecided about the second one. Feels like they might have spread things out too much. Not that it matter since most of the games on either side were already a daily or a flash.

Grief.exe

It has become beyond annoying to see games that were on daily deals as part of flash and community votes MULTIPLE times. Valve needs to ban daily deal games from flash and community vote slots full-stop. Then they need to go two steps further and double the number of flash sale slots on top of giving old community and flash votes 8 hour periods for people who missed out just like the "yesterday's big deals" slots. It feels like Valve's front page goes to the highest bidders at this point instead of showcasing variety and deals on new stuff.

Especially conceding that Valve has allowed the amount of games on the store to balloon at a ridiculous rate the past 6 months.

Blue-kun

Giveaway still going strong!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Ys: The Oath in Felghana -- MB-2BBB8D632AD08583 - Taken by SixStringPsycho

t1403818585z1.png

Tizoc

STG people: is Astebreed really that good?

I'm wondering that myself, but I'm pretty sure the answer is no. Just seems to get buzz based on the graphics. I watched a little bit of a replay on YouTube and it pretty much killed the hype for me. There's a lot of gimmicky perspective changing and stuff, not a fan.

Asterbreed is basically bullet hell+Zone of the enders.
If you like that get it.
3F4B2EC37EDEF688A6F732F72A0871A113988074

BruteUA

It's been a rough week for me. I was made to actually agree with Justice Scalia with his opinion on Aereo AND I had to vote for Borderlands 2.

I really missed you being around when the big Valiant Hearts/Russian key trading stuff was going on. Your insight into the Steam Prison Economy would have saved some of these poor souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom