• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, not surprised to see RE5 gets zero discounts again. I don't think they plan on stripping GFWL from it.
Considering that GFWL isn't getting killed off next month, I don't think they even have a reason to any more. :(

Ah gotcha. I thought we had to craft summer badges to be eligible but I must have misunderstood.
Oh, no biggie. I'm not super invested in the metagame, so I just craft one cheap badge a day to be eligible. Just in case.

kevin1025

Banned
I had no issues completing FO3 but I haven't put more than two hours into Bulletstorm due to constant log in errors. It's such a terrible service.

Jeez. It also dropped out a bunch during GTA4 and Episodes. I gave up entirely there, with the save system being a decent distance and all.

eXsIx.gif
Only time will tell.

Can't log-in to GFWL for Dark Souls, I thought the service was staying? Shit is weak.

It's been broken like that for a few months now I think. I remember having a hell of a time getting it to work when I picked it up on an Amazon sale.

MS doesn't care at all either which is comforting.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If anyone here knows anyone that works at Cryptic Studios, can you PM me?

The_Monk

anyone ever use You Need A Budget and is it worth it at $15?

As many GAFfers said in the last sale, there are plenty of free alternatives Online that can do the same job or even better. Unless you really want a software on Steam or adding some sort of +1 to your collection I would advise against it. I know one Steam-GAFfer that use it on a daily basis so it was more than worth for him (I have other who also use/used it).

Just a few more minutes!

Instructions for super-famicom:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FINAL FANTASY VIII -- MB-B6505C8BB754925C - Taken by Madrugador. 84 entrants total.

t1403814666z1.png

This also kills my hope of a Gold Edition with Steamworks ever releasing.
Yeah, I was hoping for that too. That, along with adding splitscreen into the game natively.

Is there a reason that people complain about Social Club? In GTA4 it's less intrusive than GFWL, considering you don't need to use it, IIRC. Ever.

Red

Jeez. It also dropped out a bunch during GTA4 and Episodes. I gave up entirely there, with the save system being a decent distance and all.
Yeah. GTA even has that added layer of Rockstar Social Club. MS GFWL team really had no respect for their customers. It's sad how little it's been improved despite years of criticism.

rrs

I had GFWL drop during a boss battle several times in a row, right before the killing blow, too. It was too frustrating to stick with. It does it to Fallout 3, as well. But then it works fine with games like Bulletstorm. It is very finicky.

It's very easy to remove GFWL from Fallout 3, I think the script extender most mods use disable it.

kevin1025

Banned
It's been broken like that for a few months now I think. I remember having a hell of a time getting it to work when I picked it up on an Amazon sale.

MS doesn't care at all either which is comforting.

It bodes well for their re-commitment to PC!

At least they are coming back strong with the strategy games.

Kyougar

hmm banished at 50% off. have it in my wishlist, but I dont think i have time for it till the wintersale anyway... well wintersale it is. bought too many games.

kevin1025

Banned
It's very easy to remove GFWL from Fallout 3, I think the script extender most mods use disable it.

I shall look into that. I really wanted to play through that game again, but 7 hours in and forgetting to save for 45 minutes really dampens the urge to keep going.

I know GFWL gets a lot of hate (and deservedly so) but that Rockstar Social Club bullshit is like UPlay and GFWL had a baby and the baby was made entirely of hot steamy diarrhea.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
hey I sent a message to Modbot with the code for Red Orchestra 2. But I haven't received anything yet..

Actually.. I haven't won anything in a while now.. I wonder if something happened.

yeah - I have no idea ... if something's wrong - it's not on my side ... I only used the NOLURKERS flag, nothing else

Blue-kun

Little over one hour left!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ys: The Oath in Felghana -- MB-2BBB8D632AD08583 - Taken by SixStringPsycho

t1403818585z1.png

Tenrius

Go go team red! Yay!

Woah, I've been so busy with this signature collecting thing, that I haven't been following this thread much. Helped lots of gaffers get games from the Russian store though.

Prophane33

Did anyone else try using more than one of the M&M/Mastercard 6 dollar gift cards in rapid succession and become unable to buy anything? The first one worked to add 5 dollars, the second one was declined (oddly enough) when trying to add funds, then after that I haven't been able to get anything but an error when attempting to purchase anything (e.g. it won't even let me check out, regardless of payment type).

Can't log-in to GFWL for Dark Souls, I thought the service was staying? Shit is weak.

The service is likely still available but there are a million different things that can cause the GFWL log in to fail. Troubleshooting the cause is always a good time. One common issue that causes it to fail is you have to accept the new terms of use but you can only do it by signing into Xbox.com. There is no message telling you to do so. The log in simply fails. If that isn't it, it could be many other factors. GFWL is hated for a reason.

Did anyone else try using more than one of the M&M/Mastercard 6 dollar gift cards in rapid succession and become unable to buy anything? The first one worked to add 5 dollars, the second one was declined (oddly enough) when trying to add funds, then after that I haven't been able to get anything but an error when attempting to purchase anything (e.g. it won't even let me check out, regardless of payment type).

http://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/comments/28gih2/quick_and_easy_6_money_maker/

add the cards to paypal whenever you win and you can avoid a major headache.

that happened to me the other day and took like an hour or two to clear up on its own.

Serra

I had GFWL drop during a boss battle several times in a row, right before the killing blow, too. It was too frustrating to stick with. It does it to Fallout 3, as well. But then it works fine with games like Bulletstorm. It is very finicky.

Very simple fix. Download Cheat Engine and disable GFWL check in Dark Souls.
Takes 2 minutes.

Nabs

Valiant Hearts RU got a little registry update (AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting = No)

This just means you won't be able to find any more leftover cheap copies. Hopefully the update ends there, and they don't hard lock it by region.

He hasn't gifted me anything. All he does is hype me about his upcoming giveaways in the steam chat and then posting them when I'm asleep, forcing me to buy the games for myself later :mad:

Hey now, I know that feeling.
*Checks Steam library*
Transistor
Dark Souls 2 Season Pass
Witcher 3
Murdered: Soul Suspect

Yup.

And you told me it was region locked when I mentioned it to you! :p

Why are you two fuckers trying to frame me?

Because you called me a hacker?

Has frost given anything away in the past few days?
I thought I saw him mention a giveaway stop a few days ago.

I have, just not through modbot. :p

Ok, cancelling the giveaway right now. I'm going to the B/S/T to sell the game for 8$

He told me that he was going to give away Murdered a few days ago, and then the asshole went ahead and posted the giveaway when I fell asleep. Same with another one, I think it was Naruto or something...

I really must be Frostyclaus if I know when you're sleeping and when you're awake...

I think he's mad at me for calling him a hacker the other day.

Ok mom, sorry

Oh, look who finally figured it out. :p
It was just a joke that seemed funny to me based on Rhaknar's implying that I might've gifted you RE4...

I shall look into that. I really wanted to play through that game again, but 7 hours in and forgetting to save for 45 minutes really dampens the urge to keep going.

Steam support says GFWL does nothing with it and you can play without a key and all that.

And what about autosaves?

rrs

If GFWL won't get you, the bullshit deaths will. Remember F5 and F9 are your savior. Also you might need to move your save files manually when you kick out GFWL, all it does is move your save folder elsewhere and do achievements.

Chariot

spoken like a true RED, all innocent and coy, menwhile stealing all our wishlists
I was born this way :,(
Scheiße, the fame is not mine, although I was all for being the Judas in Purples hair, those Reddit government hookers. But only because the other reds are bad kids and claim the edge of glory, don't hate me. Yoü and I, we could be on the road to love. Let's ignore the winning reds and marry the night, americano.

Valiant Hearts RU got a little registry update (AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting = No)

This just means you won't be able to find any more leftover cheap copies. Hopefully the update ends there, and they don't hard lock it by region.

Like Ubi needs any more bad PR...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom