• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilrathi

is the 2nd port of RE4 HD worth getting, the mouse and keyboard controls good?

I have the
gamecube version
Wii version
PS3 HD version
of Re4

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I dont know who to believe anymore, corrosivefrost or Sub Zero :(

I dont trust either :/

just played left 4 dead 2 for the first time. Kinda put me in the mood for CS:GO. Maybe I'll bite at £5.99 even though its been cheaper before. hmmm...

Guys! If you haven't dropped a buck for Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death you're dead to me. The first 15 minutes of the game is worth it alone. I'm going to have some fun with this one. I love James Hong's voice work.

I dont know who to believe anymore, corrosivefrost or Sub Zero :(

I dont trust either :/

32677-ultimate-mortal-kombat-3-snes-screenshot-a-fight-between-the.jpg

Guys! If you haven't dropped a buck for Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death you're dead to me. The first 15 minutes of the game is worth it alone. I'm going to have some fun with this one. I love James Hong's voice work.

I found it to be like a run on sentence, as there's maybe 3* real boss fights in the entire game...

Arthea

I finally got to play a game with alchemy, and it was all unicorns and rainbows (well that's no Atelier game, but beggars can't be choosers) when I decided to alt-tab and it suddenly said bye bye. Why? why it keeps happening? (._.)
I was talking about Dungeon of Elements in case someone is curious, of course, nobody was, so what?

CassSept

Revengeance is so awesome that my game just crashed to desktop, my PC couldn't handle it. Buy it people.

Any known bugs with Monsoon fight or Revengeance overall? It just crashed out of the blue during second phase, my 360 controller kept on vibrating after it crashed too

is the 2nd port of RE4 HD worth getting, the mouse and keyboard controls good?

I have the
gamecube version
Wii version
PS3 HD version
of Re4

60fps and mods put its in the "definitive version" area. Not sure if the rifle animation problem was ever fixed, but otherwise seems like the version to go back once in a while.

tmarques

I had no issues completing FO3 but I haven't put more than two hours into Bulletstorm due to constant log in errors. It's such a terrible service.

I think I spent more time trying to log into that horrible service than I did playing Bullestorm. From the get-go I was stuck in an endless loop of "You need to long-in - click here / You're already logged in - click here".

iosefe

I felt the same way. It felt right, and played right
So... Top of page recommendation?

Marlow Briggs, of course

This is what I mean

nlioFk7.jpg

It is not a front page feature, but its a daily deal. I am following gaf advice to only pull the trigger on daily deals, that is why I am curious.

Volimar

I finally got to play a game with alchemy, and it was all unicorns and rainbows (well that's no Atelier game, but beggars can't be choosers) when I decided to alt-tab and it suddenly said bye bye. Why? why it keeps happening? (._.)
I was talking about Dungeon of Elements in case someone is curious, of course, nobody was, so what?

Some games don't react well to alt+tabbing. It sucks, but...

A nice work around is to see if you can play it in windowed mode.

The_Monk

I had to go really quick to the Mall today.

This is what I saw:

7bhjBHOl.jpg

There were... so many. I mean, I, HNNNG. And the lines are larger than it seems.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just got a message on steam from the "worthy gaffer" that you gifted RE4 to, loling about all this.

thats who you call worthy Frosty? lol at your standards

This is what I mean

It is not a front page feature, but its a daily deal. I am following gaf advice to only pull the trigger on daily deals, that is why I am curious.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is currently a daily deal. Oftentimes, when one game in a franchise get a daily deal, all games in the franchise will get a daily deal. This isn't always the case, Rayman Origins a prime example by not being reduced when Legends got the discount through the community vote, but it is always worth checking other games in a franchise if one is featured.

I want to know who are the guys in the dev meetings over at Warner Bros who were like "hey, does batman origins have a long enough startup video? no? can me make that over a minute long so that whenever someone is fussing with PhysX they have to endure it every time? Also, can you make the benchmark unskippable? I want someone who accidentally selected it to endure it for about 3 minutes or so, if possible"

The good thing is that now i know the launch option to eliminate startup videos in all unreal engine games so take that Epic!

StuBurns

Banned
Very simple fix. Download Cheat Engine and disable GFWL check in Dark Souls.
Takes 2 minutes.
What is the point of doing that exactly? Presumably if you don't log-in, you don't get invaded and messages, in which case, I don't see the advantage.

Red

I think I spent more time trying to log into that horrible service than I did playing Bullestorm. From the get-go I was stuck in an endless loop of "You need to long-in - click here / You're already logged in - click here".
Yup. Sometimes it'll even prompt me to download a new GFWL client, and after downloading ask me to download it again because the client can't be found. It'll ask me to point it to the directory where GFWL was downloaded. I will do so. It will say GFWL cannot be found on my system.

It is a disaster of a product and yet is still inexplicably attached to actual retail games.

dani_dc

I had to go really quick to the Mall today.

This is what I saw:

7bhjBHOl.jpg

There were... so many. I mean, I, HNNNG. And the lines are larger than it seems.

Nice, where was it?
So far I saw that in two Fnacs (Colombo and Chiado), but good to hear it's spreading. Got a 50 euros card the other day, nice way to avoid getting locked out of the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom