• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I buy FInal Fantasy III? or wait for a bigger sale?

and

is there anything wrong with FF7 that I shouldnt buy?

Aside from having to register with Square Enix and (Possibly) having an install limit, it's a great game from what I played. If you missed it the first go around like I did, it's totally worth it.

Teppic

A few games.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Stacking -- MB-9022FA5FE3F7239C - Taken by MulderWasTaken. 3 entrants total.
Costume Quest -- MB-C05DB9D678CC5572 - Taken by Ogedai_Khan. 8 entrants total.
Killing Floor -- MB-A797F8FC2833C82B - Taken by ToastyBanana. 3 entrants total.
Psychonauts -- MB-8C8C0199FF0D5459 - Taken by Relaxed Muscle. 6 entrants total.
Zeno Clash -- MB-3527527DAC7D0D7B - Taken by ghettotwan. 3 entrants total.
Zeno Clash 2 -- MB-7388D3EB38088497 - Taken by Out_Of_Ammo. 6 entrants total.
Dwarfs!? -- MB-75975270A0AD2FB4 - Taken by Thatoneguy64. 3 entrants total.

t1403816494z1.png

I had to go really quick to the Mall today.

This is what I saw:

7bhjBHOl.jpg

There were... so many. I mean, I, HNNNG. And the lines are larger than it seems.

Is that FNAC?

I went to FNAC today (since today is no-tax day in FNAC) only to find cards like the Steam ones are not applicable in the offer.

:(

iosefe said:
Expect franchise sales.

Unless it's star wars. That was really disappointing

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is currently a daily deal. Oftentimes, when one game in a franchise get a daily deal, all games in the franchise will get a daily deal. This isn't always the case, Rayman Origins a prime example by not being reduced when Legends got the discount through the community vote, but it is always worth checking other games in a franchise if one is featured.

Okay, so last question, should I pull the trigger...

AsylumX

This is what I mean

nlioFk7.jpg

It is not a front page feature, but its a daily deal. I am following gaf advice to only pull the trigger on daily deals, that is why I am curious.

That discount is linked to FF XIV feature on the front page. Sometimes they only show one game on the front page but several games from the same franchise have the same or a similar discount, that's why the clock is tied to yesterday's deals...

Tizoc

Should I buy FInal Fantasy III? or wait for a bigger sale?

and

is there anything wrong with FF7 that I shouldnt buy?

Wait for FF3 to be as cheap as 7 and 8 are atm.

FF7 has a 10 GB fan mod that adds various graphical updates, but the game runs fine.

trolho

Neo Member
I had to go really quick to the Mall today.

This is what I saw:

7bhjBHOl.jpg

There were... so many. I mean, I, HNNNG. And the lines are larger than it seems.

Is this on fnac? Got a gift card for that store with 10 euros with which I have no idea what to do.

The_Monk

Nice, where was it?
So far I saw that in two Fnacs (Colombo and Chiado), but good to hear it's spreading. Got a 50 euros card the other day, nice way to avoid getting locked out of the market.

That one if from FNAC Almada. They have been there for some time but there's more now. Also lot's of similar cards but for the PS3 & PS4 Games, DLCs, Seanson Pass, Add-ons, etc. Was not expecting those for console but it's nice. Prices were okay too. 9.99€ for the PS4 Version of that Standalone AC IV Black Flag is not that bad considering it's retail.

Is this on fnac? Got a gift card for that store with 10 euros with which I have no idea what to do.

Well, now you know what to do with it. ;)

Man, I love gifting stuff, but I mostly keep to my Steam Friends list. SteamGAF is great though, so I think I'll go ahead and throw in some games too. Hopefully you guys like it, so here's the first one:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Dragonborn:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/236430
Dark Souls -- MB-CBB1DD72F4924E76 - Taken by Kuroyume

t1403826494z1.png

It's the first giveaway I've ever done so please let me know if there's any issues, or if I did anything wrong.

Also, if someone could invite me to the Neogaf Steam group, that'd be great, my username is in my profile. Feel free to add me, I'd love to have more gaffers on my list.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Man, I love gifting stuff, but I mostly keep to my Steam Friends list. SteamGAF is great though, so I think I'll go ahead and throw in some games too. Hopefully you guys like it, so here's the first one:

It's the first giveaway I've ever done so please let me know if there's any issues, or if I did anything wrong.

Also, if someone could invite me to the Neogaf Steam group, that'd be great, my username is in my profile. Feel free to add me, I'd love to have more gaffers on my list.

guys you need to type Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition or modbot thinks its dark souls 2. unless that IS DS2, then carry on

Time to give something back to my Steam-Bros ;)

Let's hope they remove GFWL soon.

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition -- MB-728DBED0A5414ED6 - Taken by Teppic. 17 entrants total.

t1403816848z1.png

Okay, so last question, should I pull the trigger...

If you want the game, certainly. As it's a daily deal currently, the price isn't going to become lower (and will increase as soon as the timer expires) unless there is a pricing error, so you can purchase it with that peace of mind, and I assume this is what you're asking. If it's the quality of the game you're questioning (which I doubt considering it's on your wishlist), I quite enjoyed it (but I was very young playing it), but my understanding is that it's somewhat divisive (I don't know how accurate this understanding is, or if it's solely considered divisive due to it following Final Fantasy 7).

EDIT: I see you've bought it, enjoy!

You're glorious.

JakeD

I really can't see how this would result in bad PR. It's to correct a very obvious pricing error.

the disallowing of cross region gifting is the correct way to resolve the issue. going further by locking it would screw over a bunch of people who paid actual money for it and does nothing to punish the actual scalpers. it's actually worse than revoking the game because at least in theory we'd get our keys back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom