• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
That idea posted up there about an all-encompassing general purpose winter sale thread would be amazing. It would be hectic, chaotic and anarchic, but amazing nevertheless.

We may as well do it. The Steam sale thread was basically the Amazon/GMG thread anyway until the new dailies or flash deals got posted, which was maybe a few hours of the day.

Kammie

Check PM, please.
Already said so in PM, but I'll say it again: thanks a lot!!! :D

I want to pass on the kindness, so I'll gift the first Puzzle Agent to the first person to solve this puzzle:

There's three chests. One of the chests contains treasure and the other two are empty. Each chest has a sign with a message. One of the messages is true, and the other two are false.

The first sign says, "The treasure is not here."
The second sign says, "The treasure is not here."
The third sign says, "The treasure is in the second chest."

Which chest has the treasure?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Is Orcs Must Die 2 any good?

I played the first one a bit but was looking for a good co-op game to play with a friend.

It's great. I've been slowly going through co-op with a bro of mine the past few days and having a blast.

Thinking about it , looks pretty cool.

Been trying to hold out for 75% off but not looking like its going to happen.

Has is been 66% off yet ? or is 50 the highest?

Yes, I believe that 50 is the highest percentage off.
Even last sale. I've been skipping it myself, holding off for 75% because I've spent so much already. But I don't think it's going to happen.

The video for it just looks amazing. But I'm already committed to saving some money to go with my $5 credit on Amazon tomorrow. :\

Raven77

I'll have to give Dredmore another try.

Also, I am caving (get it!) on Cave Story and am finally going to pick it up. I love old school 3d platformers.

BFIB

We may as well do it. The Steam sale thread was basically the Amazon/GMG thread anyway until the new dailies or flash deals got posted, which was maybe a few hours of the day.

Agreed. I think an all in one sales thread would be the best way to go. I missed on a lot of deals from the other sites, so its nice to have GAF members at the ready to post the deals they see.

So what is the best way to go about buying that Dota 2 pack in order to get the items? If I try and buy it, steam tells me that I already own Dota 2.

def sim

I have all this steam wallet money and nothing to buy. Give me New Vegas or something.

I want to pass on the kindness, so I'll gift the first Puzzle Agent to the first person to solve this puzzle:

The second chest.

Kammie

The first chest?
Yep! PM me your Steam ID and I'll send the game over. :)

If it were the second chest, signs 1 and 3 would be true, but there can only be 1 true sign, so that rules it out.

If it were on the 3rd chest, the signs on chests 1 and 2 would be true, so that rules it out.

Row

Banned
just got my new laptop and can actually play all these games I've been buying for the last while, feels good man

chixdiggit

Okay I'm sick of hearing about a few of these games but wondering how they actually are. Any opinions on the below?

Cave Story+

FTL - Faster Than Light

Orcs Must Die 2

Besides that, what are some other truly great games like the above??? I don't want something that "feels" homemade. I don't like rhythm games or games that make you buy stuff to complete it / do good.

I recently bought Dungeons of Dredmoore and am not really liking it. The controls are horrendous.

Use arrow keys for Dredmore but if you are still not digging it don't bother with FTL.
Based on your post you can skip the other two games as well. Though I think all (except Cave Story) are great.

xero273

So what is the best way to go about buying that Dota 2 pack in order to get the items? If I try and buy it, steam tells me that I already own Dota 2.

new account, buy dota2, send items to your real account or find someone that doesn't care about the items and just wants dota2 to get it and send you the items, but then they could just go for the free invites.

Tizoc

Freedom Force is inspired by Jack Kirby, so I'ma inspire you to vote for it by posting epic Jack Kirby art:
omac-jack-kirby-scans007.jpg
...well I like OMAC and that's one of my fav. Kirby series so I went with that >_>.

new account, buy dota2, send items to your real account or find someone that doesn't care about the items and just wants dota2 to get it and send you the items, but then they could just go for the free invites.

Making a third alt-account, eh?

This is going to get unhealthy.

Freedom Force is one of my favorite games of all time, so you should all absolutely buy it. It's $3.75 for both games! You don't even need the extra discount!

I have all this steam wallet money and nothing to buy. Give me New Vegas or something.

I'm in the same boat. I had $120 of Steam money from Christmas because that is all I really asked for. And I've only spent $12 thus far.

Oh well, at least I'll be able to pay for Bioshock Infinite and maybe something else...

Haunted

That's a better puzzle than most in Puzzle Agent.

I swear, I love that game to bits, but they really dropped the ball on the puzzles themselves (especially in 2).

Vote Freedom! We deserve this freedom.

I might pick up Freedom Force vs. the Third Reich anyway since I never played it, but if I do it would be to play co-op with friends so a couple of questions:

1) How many players is it (doesn't say on the Steam page)?

2) Is it easy to set up the multiplayer or am I going to have to so some weird tunneling and doll out IP numbers to friends?

Artofwar420

Crap, crap. Witcher 2 deal will end soon, but I'm out of money. Anyone willing to trade Witcher 2 for my copy of Endless Space?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Man, what is wrong with this sale. Even the Halloween and autumn sales were better.

Yep! PM me your Steam ID and I'll send the game over. :)

If it were the second chest, signs 1 and 3 would be true, but there can only be 1 true sign, so that rules it out.

If it were on the 3rd chest, the signs on chests 1 and 2 would be true, so that rules it out.

PM sent, thanks a lot!

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Is there any meaningful single player component to Dota 2 to make it worth purchasing for someone new to this type of game? I might be interested in multiplayer down the line, but not when I'm learning the basics.

Edit: I'm an idiot. I guess I already own (or everyone already owns) some form of Dota 2, so I can try it out without paying.

masterkajo

I'm waiting for a sale of NV DLC. I really don't want to buy the game again.

Normally, you get the game and all DLC on sale (if it isn't too new). I just hope that buying all the DLC will still be some cheaper than buying the Ultimate Edition.

BTW, is someone from the US available for gifting? I would love to get Mark of the Ninja. Will paypal immediately. Just PM. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom