• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kammie

That's a better puzzle than most in Puzzle Agent.

I swear, I love that game to bits, but they really dropped the ball on the puzzles themselves (especially in 2).
Well, they have the one in the first one where you have to figure out the shifts of the four workers. It's kind of like this one. That one stumped me for a bit! It's too bad they couldn't all be like that.

I'm finishing up getting perfect scores on all the puzzles, and when I finish I'll move on to 2. Hope it's not as bad as people are saying. :(

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Everyone's voting Thief Gold right?

Wok

I have a copy of a shooter which takes place in the metro, for free to one unlucky GAFFer. Here's a hint what it is. The name rhymes with 2033. First to quote gets this piece of coal for Christmas.

Edit: Nobody wants this key.

Would it be cheaper to buy all Fallout New Vegas DLC on sale rather than just the Ultimate Edition? I have a key for the Ultimate version but it seems wasteful to use it as I already own the base game.

Rand6

I have a copy of a shooter which takes place in the metro, for free to one unlucky GAFFer. Here's a hint what it is. The name rhymes with 2033. First to quote gets this piece of coal for Christmas.

LOL
(I already have it)

AlexBasch

Would it be cheaper to buy all Fallout New Vegas DLC on sale rather than just the Ultimate Edition? I have a key for the Ultimate version but it seems wasteful to use it as I already own the base game.
Believe so, the DLC pieces are like 2.99 from 4.99 right now, they were 9.99 last sale if I recall correctly.

There's only three of them, right?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I don't give a shit about the haters, Chivalry deserves to be on sale at least once every single day.

Amazing game is amazing, everybody should buy it and enjoy.

FOR AGATHAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHH

Artofwar420

How awesome it is that we can trade games in such a painless and quick fashion. Thanks again Cicero for the trade. Pretty much got what I set out to get during this sale; thanks to a few generous gaffers as well. Can't wait to dig in The Witcher 2.

It's all gravy from now on for me.

Isaccard

I don't give a shit about the haters, Chivalry deserves to be on sale at least once every single day.

Amazing game is amazing, everybody should buy it and enjoy.

FOR AGATHAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHH

Natual Selection 2 trumps Chivalry.

Come at me bros

So what's the deal with DOTA2?

I haven't kept up with that one at all:

- Is it finally out on Steam officially now then?

- If yes, for all regions? (EU)

- If yes, is it worth getting this game on the flash sale now, meaning how is it?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Can anyone tell me if the Crysis franchise been a daily yet? or flash?

It was on sale very recently, but I can't remember if it was part of the winter sale.

Edit: Apparently the weekend deal Dec 13-17 @ 75% and of course now @ 50%

Gowans

Need some good old GAF help.

Can anyone buy the dota 2 invite and gift me all the items (you can keep the invite) and I'll pay for it via paypal for you ;)

Does anyone know how the DotA 2 pack will work if I already own DotA 2? It forces me to purchase it as a gift, what happens to the items? I assume they just go into my normal inventory and I can then equip them as normal in-game?

Also, I find it a little concerning they put the same pack up twice already but for $13, now only a few days later in the same sale its $7.50 :S

Thanks heaps.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

- If yes, is it worth getting this game on the flash sale now, meaning how is it?

No
No
No

Game is free to play. What you're buying is a bunch of items which, by the way, also give you access to the game.

If you want a DOTA 2 invite (to the "beta"), all you have to do is ask. People have millions of them (somebody had 8 a couple weeks ago).

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Voted.

Is the game really that dark or are those bad screenshots? I can't see a thing.

It's not called The Dark Project for nothing!

Honestly though I only ever played a few minutes of the first one, and that was after playing through Thief II about 5 times. From what I can remember though, yes, it's that dark. That's part of what makes the atmosphere so good/creepy.

Gowans

Does anyone know how the DotA 2 pack will work if I already own DotA 2? It forces me to purchase it as a gift, what happens to the items? I assume they just go into my normal inventory and I can then equip them as normal in-game?

Also, I find it a little concerning they put the same pack up twice already but for $13, now only a few days later in the same sale its $7.50 :S

Thanks heaps.

That's my issue (and it's a quid cheaper in the US)

If you buy you have to redeem on another account and trade over the items I think ;(

JustinBB7

I haven't kept up with that one at all:

No it's in beta, what's on sale is the early access + cosmetic items.

All regions.

You can get a beta key for free from pretty much anybody these days, there is a thread on gaf or people in this thread will have extra ones.

How is it? I put in over 850 hours in a year.

Picked up Sonic Generations at GMG for $5.25. No way Steam would beat that price without doing a sale off 75% on top of a permanent price drop to $19.99.

That's my issue (and it's a quid cheaper in the US)

If you buy you have to redeem on another account and trade over the items I think ;(

Would you like to each buy the pack and gift the items? I am in Australia however and it is $7.50USD for me.

EDIT: I see the price only effects you.

EDIT AGAIN: Never know, might be able to use the items as is. But at least if we both agree to it we have it as backup.

Gowans

Would you like to each buy the pack and gift the items? I am in Australia however and it is $7.50USD for me.

I already have the beta so I can't buy it, only as a gift, if I could I would mate.

I'm looking for someone who hasn't got it to buy it, then for them to trade my the inventory items it comes with over and I'll paypal the price.

Cheddahz

Banned
Picked up Sonic Generations at GMG for $5.25. No way Steam would beat that price without doing a sale off 75% on top of a permanent price at $19.99.

Sonic Generations is my favorite platformer of this gen, though I am a huge Sonic fanboy (Rayman Origins was my second favorite), have fun with the game!

I already have the beta so I can't buy it, only as a gift, if I could I would mate.

I'm looking for someone who hasn't got it to buy it, then for them to trade my the inventory items it comes with over and I'll paypal the price.

Ah, sorry. 1am here, bit tired :p I now see the issue.

Could we not buy the pack ourselves as gift, then just get someone to accept it and trade the items. Hopefully you dont even need to download the game to trade the items. Just open the pack, should go to inventory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom