• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stephen A. Smith and Max Kellerman made up First Take segments for NBA Live ’18

I3rand0

http://awfulannouncing.com/gaming/s...man-made-first-take-segments-nba-live-18.html

Media personalities have been included in sports video games for a long while, from announcers to radio personalities (such as Tony Bruno in Madden 2005-07) to reporters (Adam Schefter in recent Madden versions), and now it seems that EA Sports is ready to let you feel what it would be like to have hot-take artists embrace debate about your career. Their new NBA Live ’18 title features ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith and Max Kellerman with First Take segments about imaginary players in career mode.

Lock if second take.

yuoke

Banned
I thought they were trying to improve the series, not make it worse?

giphy.gif

GRIMREEFZ

I was just talking to my brother yesterday about getting this, and getting back into sporting games. With Stephen A Smith featured in the game I can say without a doubt that I will never buy it. Hes enough of a deterrent for me to slide towards 2k, I guess.

yuoke

Banned
"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I love this stuff in sports games. NFL2K5 to this day had the best presentation ever, felt like ESPN was covering my league.

Yea, but 2k5 also had Chris Berman, who has always been awesome. Difference between him and screamer mc scream.

Did Stephen A Smith actually make stuff up for the game or did he do as he always does and just use the same made up stuff he usually does?

JusDoIt

I love NBA Live. NBA Live taught me how to read. NBA Live saved my life when it told me to stop smoking sherm. BUT IN THE FOURTH QUARTER...

Ludist210

I thought they were trying to improve the series, not make it worse?
First post is a winner...I'm all right with Kellerman in small doses, but I generally can't stand Stephen A.'s takes on anything. I wasn't considering buying it before, but this definitely keeps me away from it.

Gator86

Absolutely not. This franchise deserves to die again, if only for bringing the stupidity of Stephen A. into another medium.

Purexed

Banned
Stephen A Smith is the Roman Reigns of sports media. People hate him, but he's big time and box office.

How dare any of you cast any aspersions on him!

saltyramen

It was actually really dope. Too bad the gameplay is terrible again this year. The animations are especially janky. Menus and soundtrack are the only good things to take away.

Top Bottom