• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stinger strikes again: SF4 @ JAMMA plus more...

jarrod

Banned
Here's the expected list...

Taito
-Battle Gear 4 (TypeX+)
-ZOIDS Infinity EX (TypeX) Tomy?

SEGA
-House of the Dead 4(LindBergh)
-Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 (CHIHIRO) Dimps?
-Sega Network Golf Pro Tour Vers. 2005(CHIHIRO)
-NeoGeo Battle Coliseum (AtomisWave) SNK Playmore
-Samurai Spirits Tenkaichi (AtomisWave) SNK Playmore
-Fist of the North Star (AtomisWave) Arc System Works
-Under Defeat (Naomi GD-ROM) G.Rev
-AfterBurner (LindBergh)
-Virtua Fighter 5 (LindBergh)
-OutRun Coast-2-Coast(LindBergh)
-Sega Rally 3 (LindBergh)

Namco
-Tekken 5.1 (System 258)
-Cobra: The Arcade (System 258)
-Mario Kart: Arcade GP (TriForce)
-Counter Strike Neo V2 (Namco N2)
-Druaga Online: The Story of Aon (CHIHIRO)

Banpresto
-Chou DragonBall Z (System 246) Spike
-Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 Card Builder (Naomi 2)

Konami
-Paintball Mania (Pysone)
-Beatmania IIDX12: Happy Sky (System 572)
-Battle Climaxx 2: Wrestling Arena (Pysone) Yukes?

Capcom
-Street Fighter 4 (AtomisWave)
-Donkey Kong: Jungle Fever (TriForce)

Cave
-Shoot’em-up X (Proprietary Hardware)
-Online Tank Battle (Proprietary Hardware)

...Stinger claimed an 80% accuracy rate last year, hopefully we actually see most of what's mentioned here.

I will... no, I can't imagine what I'll do. It's been nine fucking years since I first spotted those grainy SF3 shots in magazines.

jarrod

Banned
AtomisWave is an interesting choice, given the sudden glut of 2D fighters and rumors that Sega Sammy's dropping it in favor of Aurora ... will Sega screw Capcom yet again?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Who else thinks they STILL won't redo the sprites? (lazy fuckers...) Bets?
I wanted SF4 in HD, but somehow I think even full 640X480 is too much to hope for from Capcom.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Atomiswave seems a very odd choice if SF4 is in fact coming.

IIDX Happy Sky uses System 572? Is this a proprietary Konami adaptation of 246 or something? I know they used a "System 573" for some of their older stuff... and last I heard, all IIDX from 9th up used a proprietary WinXP set up of some sort.

Oh my God.

I don't even know what I'll feel if SF4 turns out to be true.

Who would possibly be behind it, anyway? Would it be 2D still?

[EDIT: Who's Stinger, BTW?]

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
If the game comes out on Atomiswave, then Street Fighter 4 will definitely be 2D. Here's hoping for Guilty Gear X-style high res sprites and Street Fighter 3 quality animation!

jarrod said:
-NeoGeo Battle Coliseum (AtomisWave) SNK Playmore
-Samurai Spirits Tenkaichi (AtomisWave) SNK Playmore
-Fist of the North Star (AtomisWave) Arc System Works
-Virtua Fighter 5 (LindBergh)
-Tekken 5.1 (System 258)
-Street Fighter 4 (AtomisWave) <--HOLY SHIT

Yeah, fighting games are BACK. :D I hope SF4 finally shows up; it's been too long since we saw an original fighting game from Capcom.

Gek54

Lyte Edge said:
Yeah, fighting games are BACK. :D I hope SF4 finally shows up; it's been too long since we saw an original fighting game from Capcom.

SF4 .....original fighting game

????

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Gek54 said:
SF4 .....original fighting game

????

Right, SF3 was an original fighting game in the sense that they started over and ditched the entire cast, keeping Ryu and Ken only. They added new game play mechanics and all the sprites were brand new.

I would expect Street Fighter 4 to be the same way. Capcom's past fighting games over the last 5-6 years have just been rehashes or crossover fighters with no new characters. The last time we saw new characters in a Capcom game were Ruby Heart and Amingo in Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 (2000), and more recently, ONE new character in the form of Ingrid in the super-rehash-fest known as Capcom Fighting Evolution.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i'm now hopelessly bad at fighting games, but i still want to see some NEW FUCKING SPRITES. atomiswave ensures that it won't be cel shaded (thank fuck), but there's still the possibility that it'll use recycled sprites on top of hideos polygonal backgrounds. and what about those weird rumors that capcom usa is now in charge of the sf franchise? oh well -- it might not even be true.

Tain

Atomiswave seems a very odd choice if SF4 is in fact coming.

IIDX Happy Sky uses System 572? Is this a proprietary Konami adaptation of 246 or something? I know they used a "System 573" for some of their older stuff... and last I heard, all IIDX from 9th up used a proprietary WinXP set up of some sort.

Yeah, I'm curious about this, myself. System 573 is, like, DDR and GuitarFreaks/DM stuff, so it's either a really odd name or a typo.

Also, did nobody get the notice that SF4 was in development? It's kinda shocking to hear something even more solid, but this isn't a gigantic surprise.

Doesn't mean I'm not excited, though.

xexex

Banned
Stinger reported to us that Daytona USA 3 (Arcade) and Daytona LIVE (Xbox) was on the way, yet it never happened. I will therefore not believe anything they have to say about Street Fighter 4 until I see it happen

Where the fuck is Sammy Vs. Capcom? Or a new DarkStalkers?

Man. . . SF4 would be nice, but I want those, too! Can't have everything, unfortunately.

jett

D-Member
The chances of this thing happening are minimal, I just don't believe this shit. And if it happens I hope to God it happens on better hardware than atomisbarf.

tetsuoxb

xexex said:
Stinger reported to us that Daytona USA 3 (Arcade) and Daytona LIVE (Xbox) was on the way, yet it never happened. I will therefore not believe anything they have to say about Street Fighter 4 until I see it happen

Quoted for truth. I believe quite a few titles on that list are fake.

Zeo

Banned
I'd love Nintendo to just bring us a GC arcade port of that new Mario Kart game in time for Christmas. :\

Who cares if they update the sprites. Fuck, it's all about the balance, cancelability in the moves, variety, and most importantly the stage design and music.

Online play is also a must.

Seriously, high res sprites, man--when you're playing SF you're not looking at the sprites you're using the "Force" man--the "force" --it's all about seeing the frames, not the sprite detail. :D

>.>

Tain

Who cares if they update the sprites. Fuck, it's all about the balance, cancelability in the moves, variety, and most importantly the stage design and music.

I'd play the game even if they recycled sprites, but I'll be damned if I didn't bitch about it non-stop. It's 2005. People use their eyes to see videogames. Show us some effort.

Anyanka

I don't care what sprites they use as long as it's consistent. I hate this mix of art where one character will be Alpha style and one from III with a background that doesn't match either. Looks like an awful MUGEN game.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
wait, wasn't dk jungle fever revealed to be some sort of prize redemption contraption rather than a videogame? why would it be on triforce? i'm skeptical!

Anyanka said:
I'll believe it when I see it. Whateve happened to Capcom vs. Sammy?
probably died when okamoto and other capcom dev leads left.

speaking of which.. who's the talent behind this installment? if CFJ is their last effort and SVC/KOF2001 is indicative of a WIP after a decent chunk of talent has left.. i fear what the outcome is.

Top Bottom