• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stinger strikes again: SF4 @ JAMMA plus more...

jarrod

Banned
tetsuoxb said:
I think ZOIDS is out, unless it is an update to this: http://www.zoids-inf.net/html/002_zoids_ex/002_02.html

Paintball Mania has been announced for quite a while and has even location tested. Happy Sky Beatmania is already released, saw it today when I went to play some SF Zero3.

Counter-Strike Neo is only for select arcades (one just opened inside namco wonder tower) and has been anounced for a while. V2 is a point release. The Tekken upgrade may or may not be out already. It was mentioned more than 10 days ago on Barcade. The Druaga online site is open accoridng to gpara.

Gundam is annouced at Tokyo International Anime Fair: http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/04/04/news_6121649.html

As for the sega games, I expect them to show HOTD, VF5, and Afterburner. Maybe one of the racing games will get shown, but I wouldn't hold my breath. If a racing game is shown, you might swap out either afterburner or VF5. Although since VF has a history of launching new arcade boards, I have a feeling it is coming at this Jamma.

As for SF4, it aint happening... but alot of people in this thread dont want to believe me, so I will leave them to their own disappointments.
Ack! I stand (very) corrected. :/

ZOIDS is new though, the previous game was System 246, not Type-X. And I don't think CS Neo V2 had been mentioned before either, or Druaga's specific title.

Stinger does dets stuff wrong often, but he also nails some stuff. It's worth discussing at least.

The Take Out Bandit said:
Oh yeah - no more shitty rap music plz!

If you got to do it, don't subject me to that crap. Just get some lonely Japanese composer with a Casio keyboard and we're good to go. :p

I actually think sf 3 had some real good music from the drum and bass to the so so rap song (the beat made it good).

Gen.Wedge said:
So, is anyone else excited we're (most likely) going to see more of Fist of the North Star at JAMMA? ARC System Works rox my sox.

Hell yes!

The potential for this rocking is much greater than that of an American made SF4. :D

If you're playing fighting games for music, you're in the wrong genre/universe.

I'm not playing them for the music, but when said music makes me want to stab my ears with a pencil - it's time for a change.

KingJ2002

The editor (Stinger) was e-mailed by snk-capcom.com members about SF4 and he replied in one message.

Dear SNK-Capcom.com,

Some of your forum members just emailed The Stinger Report website asking where the SF4 information came from. Rather than writing four similar emails - thought it would be better to come straight to the horses mouth!

TSR received rumors that 'Sammy Vs. Capcom' (A-Wave) had been cancelled for a bigger project, which was later revealed as a start on SF4 development. The hardware platform was first said to be A-Wave on the back of CVS dev, but the last mail we received said it might now be a System 258.

Can I just confirm the Stinger AM Show preview feature is not just confirming games to be shown at the event, but also games that will be confirmed or previewed. TSR has doubts about SEGA Rally 3 for example but have a source that stands by his information - and as he revealed SNKP dropping the A-Wave we have to stand by him.

Just for the record Capcom's AM division is still alive and kicking if a lot smaller. They worked jointly on the Banpresto GunDam shooter and have a strong Crane and Token division.

Hope this helps,

comments?

tetsuoxb

KingJ2002 said:
The editor (Stinger) was e-mailed by snk-capcom.com members about SF4 and he replied in one message.

Dear SNK-Capcom.com,

Some of your forum members just emailed The Stinger Report website asking where the SF4 information came from. Rather than writing four similar emails - thought it would be better to come straight to the horses mouth!

TSR received rumors that 'Sammy Vs. Capcom' (A-Wave) had been cancelled for a bigger project, which was later revealed as a start on SF4 development. The hardware platform was first said to be A-Wave on the back of CVS dev, but the last mail we received said it might now be a System 258.

Can I just confirm the Stinger AM Show preview feature is not just confirming games to be shown at the event, but also games that will be confirmed or previewed. TSR has doubts about SEGA Rally 3 for example but have a source that stands by his information - and as he revealed SNKP dropping the A-Wave we have to stand by him.

Just for the record Capcom's AM division is still alive and kicking if a lot smaller. They worked jointly on the Banpresto GunDam shooter and have a strong Crane and Token division.

Hope this helps,

comments?

So basically he is just passing along baseless rumors. One rumored game got cancelled for another rumored game, and now they can't even decide what platform it is going to be on.

And then the AM division stuff... THE GAME BELONGS TO CAPCOM USA! USA HAS NO AM DIVISION OF NOTE.

C'mon guys, can we just write this one off as fake already.

Tain

It makes me weep that there are people that even vaguely dislike the Third Strike soundtrack. It covers damn near everything downtempo, and does a good job at it.

miyuru

tetsuoxb said:
So basically he is just passing along baseless rumors. One rumored game got cancelled for another rumored game, and now they can't even decide what platform it is going to be on.

And then the AM division stuff... THE GAME BELONGS TO CAPCOM USA! USA HAS NO AM DIVISION OF NOTE.

C'mon guys, can we just write this one off as fake already.

Writing it off as fake as as bad as writing it off as true.

Just leave it in limbo (at least for now). Maybe there's some truth in what he says, maybe there isn't. I don't frankly care, but I like discussion...

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
miyuru said:
Writing it off as fake as as bad as writing it off as true.

Just leave it in limbo (at least for now). Maybe there's some truth in what he says, maybe there isn't. I don't frankly care, but I like discussion...

It's fake dude. No point in people getting false hopes here.

xexex

Banned
Shogmaster said:
Seriously. I don't know why people would think ancient stuff like Neo Geo is better at 2D than more modern DC and AW. DC and AW have like tons more RAM to store animation frames, and can do many more FXs with 2D image via mapping them as textures.

NEO-GEO is like 5 times more powerful than Genesis, that's it. not nearly as powerful as Saturn or even a PS1 in 2D (with the exception being that NEO-GEO's carts are superior to PS1's CD-ROM for storing frames of animation.

the Dreamcast, NAOMI and ATOMISWAVE are obviously far more powerful than Saturn/PS1 and even NEO-GEO's successor, the Hyper Neo-Geo 64.

miyuru

Since we're talking about NeoGeo, can someone explain why SNK has been on the same board (I believe) for so long? SvC looked horrible (and let's not even get into the gameplay :lol).

Like, is there a specific reason? Maybe so it's easy for arcades to just by the ROMs? I really don't know.

xexex said:
NEO-GEO is like 5 times more powerful than Genesis, that's it. not nearly as powerful as Saturn or even a PS1 in 2D (with the exception being that NEO-GEO's carts are superior to PS1's CD-ROM for storing frames of animation.

If you impliment a good streaming process for PS1, any MVS game can be perfectly done on the PS1. Sure, some MVS game carts were almost 88MB in size, but it still had to be streamed into the 64KB of VRAM of MVS at a time. Streaming from 600MB source into 1MB of VRAM via 2X CD-ROM drive should match that fine.

the Dreamcast, NAOMI and ATOMISWAVE are obviously far more powerful than Saturn/PS1 and even NEO-GEO's successor, the Hyper Neo-Geo 64.

Does anyone remember the rediculous Hyper NeoGeo 64 hype here at GAF when it was announced? I think either Marty of Kevin insisted that it was suppose to demolish the DC/NAOMI in terms of power. :lol

Geek

Ninny Prancer
I didn't like the other, OLD, Andrew2 thread. I'm almost positive this has been posted (no searching for URL's on GAF!!!!) but I sure as hell can't find it.

From Gamespot

A long-awaited fourth installment in Capcom's Street Fighter franchise might finally be on the horizon. An unofficial list of games expected to appear at the Amusement Machine Show in Japan September 1-3 has been making the rounds on Internet message boards lately, and it has Street Fighter 4 down as a game to be shown at Capcom's booth.

Capcom has added some fuel to that fire today with the announcement that it will indeed be showing off a new arcade fighting game at the show. The company made no mention as to whether the game would be an installment of an existing franchise or a new product altogether. Regardless, the new fighting game will only be presented in video format, meaning it's most likely to be quite early in development.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/08/29/news_6132139.html

Also posted on Game Watch today.

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20050829/capcom.htm

If it's old at least you can see this Ghosts N Goblins medallion redemption game!

capcom03.jpg

Whee!

xexex

Banned
Shogmaster said:
If you impliment a good streaming process for PS1, any MVS game can be perfectly done on the PS1. Sure, some MVS game carts were almost 88MB in size, but it still had to be streamed into the 64KB of VRAM of MVS at a time. Streaming from 600MB source into 1MB of VRAM via 2X CD-ROM drive should match that fine.

Does anyone remember the rediculous Hyper NeoGeo 64 hype here at GAF when it was announced? I think either Marty of Kevin insisted that it was suppose to demolish the DC/NAOMI in terms of power. :lol

I dont think so. how could anyone hype Hyper NeoGeo 64 over DC/NAOMI? because the Hype of Neo-Geo 64 (what there was of it) had come and gone in 1997, a year or more before DC came out in Japan and NAOMI in arcades. Hyper Neo-Geo 64 was basicly DEAD by the time Dreamcast/NAOMI arrived.

xexex

Banned
miyuru said:
Since we're talking about NeoGeo, can someone explain why SNK has been on the same board (I believe) for so long?

because, the NEO-GEO MVS hardware was in use in arcade in Japan in 1989, and in arcades worldwide in 1990. this makes NEO GEO MVS older than the SNES (1990-1991)
SNK never succesfully replaced MVS with a better board. Rhere *was* the Hyper Neo-Geo 64, which was a better board, but SNK brought it out in 1997 and then withdrew it, throwing it away by 1999 with only a handful of games made (ala the NEC SuperGrafx)............

SNK did develop at least 2 other systems that were better, aside from the Hyper 64. these were the NeoStar (32-bit, before the Hyper64) and the Millenium 128 (a 3D system, after Hyper64) but neither ever saw the light of day. so that's 3 chances SNK had to replace the old MVS boards (NeoStar, Hyper64, Millenium128) ....... so aside from a few Hyper 64 games, SNK stuck with the MVS for the vast majority of its games, since 1989.

You know, it would be nice if they brought a couple Jungle Fever or SF4 machines to Tokyo Game Show the next weekend... so we could actually play it. Who actually flies to Japan for a JAMMA show?

xexex

Banned
SF4 on Atomiswave would be so incredibly disappointing. it would mean that the new Street Fighter is on an older board compared to how old the CPS1 was when SF2 game out.

CPS1 (1988) was 3 years old when SF2 came out (1991)

the Atomiswave being basicly a NAOMI with a different name, is 7 years old.

crunker99

Like the old addage goes.. Ill believe it when i see it

if capcom releases SF4 with the same old prites and doesnt upgrade then capcom really need to step back and take a long hard look at the base of fighting game enthusiats who made them what they are today.. would be a shame if it was just some new characters with same old gfx.

Top Bottom