• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stonehearth Kickstarter by the Shoryuken.com founders [Complete; ~$800K funded]

syko de4d

Mac and Linux Port done.
Next Goal is

Pirates, Ninjas and Politicians: Your wealthy, thriving communities will draw the attention of the dread Order of Applied Equivocation. Unlike the straightforward aggression of goblins and trolls, these new enemies will cheat, kidnap, and blackmail their way into your citizen’s homes... and coffers.

And here some pretty old pre alpha Gameplay :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCFjqtj8i6M

ZZMitch

This looks really sweet. Will be my first kickstarter fund I think. I am a sucker for exclusive puppies what can I say.

For anyone interested in this type of game in the mean time though, check out Timber and Stone. It released a few weeks ago and it is similar to Stonehearth, although it looks like Stonehearth has a lot less micromanagement compared to Timber and Stone. Both look to be great for different reasons though.

r1chard

He's definitely getting into a bunch of feature discussion on the stream. Worth catching after the fact if you missed it and want to obsess over the minutiae.

Elixist

cool it got funded. ill almost definetely be pickin this up at launch, fund this to 400k pleebs i need some co op :p

Beckx

Woohoo! Magma Smith achieved!

eDxsKbG.jpg

Neiteio

This looks great! Also, those graphics cry out for 3D support. Would give it the nice handcrafted diorama look. :)

syko de4d

updated stretch goals

8749f5cb918e6ba74f5f297a1a6c5857_large.png

New Class - Geomancer: Manipulate rock and stone to bolster your city's builders, flattening or raising earth as the cause demands. Craft tireless golem workers so everyone else can take a much needed break.
de6c593377d7a92285c3da5d5db404ca_large.png

Enemy Faction - Elementals: When conditions are just right, unstoppable giants of fire, rock, ice, and air rampage across the land, destroying everything in their path. Appease them or prepare your defenses...

New Class - Engineer: Fiendishly complex traps. Steam pumps. Black powder. In his moments of genius, this Master Craftsman boosts your town's productivity with miraculously advanced tools and weaponry. In his other moments....
8c1b07e523f6270361f2b932aa2eda62_large.png

Seasons!: Horde food for the winter and farm up a storm in the summer as the four seasons cycle over your town. Building, farming and fighting all gain new depth as rising temperatures parch the land and falling snows drive your settlers indoors.

Alternate Planes: Many dimensions lurk beneath the fabric of reality. Lured by the promise of untold riches and arcane secrets, your bravest townsfolk open portals to previously unknown realms. What could possibly go wrong?

Great Stretch Goals :)

At the current rate, they should be able to get enough backing to add seasons and co-op multiplayer. I would be pretty happy with that. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

Vardhan

We're getting pretty close to the Seasons stretch goal! :O

Co-op multiplayer next!

Tomorrow evening, the devs will be releasing the final stretch goals. Apparently the $600k stretch goal will be really good.

syko de4d

over 390k, so Seasons are in and Coop is not far away

and 32min ago they wrote

Finishing up the copy of the new update announcing our next set of stretch goals. It won't be long now!

New Update with the new 600k goal, what will it be :>?

Naito

New stretch goals announced!

$450k - Festivals: Join your townsfolk as they celebrate popular holidays like Solstice, Harvest, and The Monday of The Twelve Golden Fruit. Properly provisioned festivals produce happy, energetic workers. Forgotten events invite the wrath of greater powers...

“Though color variations make it clear at which point in its cycle the banana ought to be eaten, the proper way to hold the fruit is still debated. Though all scholars agree that the curved, nearly hexagonal shape fits the human fist, accounts vary as to whether the golden peel should be pulled back from the stem (as is traditional) or up from the black nub at the bottom. Either way, so please the gods.”

--Celebrant Jordan, Treatises on the Rituals of The Monday of the Twelve Golden Fruit

$550k - Upgraded Musical Score: The Japanese RPGs from which Stonehearth draws its artistic inspiration were as much defined by their soundtrack as their visual style. Help us draw on the talent of a variety of professional musicians to create an enticing score that will stand up to a decade’s worth of play.

$600k - Three Playable Kingdoms: Hardy explorers and canny traders join our hardworking settlers in their quest to build, farm, and fight their way across the land. At the start of each game, choose one of the three kingdoms, each with its own unique perks. Click here for a high resolution version of the image of the three kingdoms.

three-kingdoms.jpg

syko de4d

The three playable kingdoms sound pretty cool.

Shame that $600K seems a bit unattainable at this point.

mhh 600k looks good, dont forget the last 5-4 Days Push

Like Among the Sleep, 5 days before the end people thought it will not hit the 200k and at the end they had 250k :)

Naito

mhh 600k looks good, dont forget the last 5-4 Days Push

Like Among the Sleep, 5 days before the end people thought it will not hit the 200k and at the end they had 250k :)

I'm cautiously optimistic; I was pretty convinced Divinity: Original Sin couldn't make it to $1M but things went for the better.
On the other hand, I wouldn't be too mad if we couldn't make it to $600k: honestly I'd be pretty ok with the alternate Planes.

syko de4d

And the Coop Goal is done! Tomorrow we will see the pledges of all the peoples who wanted to wait till coop is in the game :)

Dont forget, for 30$ you get 2 Copies and one is with beta and two Pets (Kitten and Mammoth)!

r1chard

It's a shame they didn't go for the early alpha release as a bonus for the $75 tier. Unless they sign someone amazing for the soundtrack that's just not enough carrot for me.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
The three playable kingdoms sound pretty cool.

Shame that $600K seems a bit unattainable at this point.

Looks like it will be close, but i'd actually rather have a more polished single kingdom personally.

First kick-starter I've backed in a awhile, via pay-pal this time.

r1chard

Including paypal they've just broken $550k so the upgraded musical score is in!

I'm kinda glad 'cos that fan-created music used in the lead-in to the last livestream was a bit average.

The kicktraq trend is back over $600k, so I guess with paypal included we're pretty much guaranteed to have the three races in the game.

At this point I guess they'll be worrying about trying to get new devs and artists they can trust into the game so they can actually implement all this stuff...

syko de4d

Nice, they're going to need more stretch goals. 587/600k for their last goal and 55 hours to go.

they are already over 600k with paypal, but i believe they dont want to do more Content related Stretch Goals because if would be just too much. You can´t just add content after content ^^

I think they are already very happy with the amount of money and we will only see some small neat 650k/700k stretch Goals :>

And in december starts beta with around 20.000 Beta Testers, which already have access to the Modding tools. There should be a massive amount of mods during release :D

Top Bottom