• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stonehearth Kickstarter by the Shoryuken.com founders [Complete; ~$800K funded]

Naito

The final post-release stretch goals have been revealed!

stretch-goals-moon-shot.png

$750k - New Playable Race: Dwarves: While the Three Kingdoms of humans spread across the world's surface,
the dwarves build their own empire deep in the mountains and bedrock below. This dwarven race will come
complete with new art, entirely new play mechanics more suited to a dwarven disposition, and new classes
and crafting recipes.

"Help! All driven underground by fire and trapped by rocks. The ground shakes; Dwarven drums in the deep.
We cannot get out... they are coming!" --Jiruk Firestarter, Goblin Shaman

$1M - Persistent, Connected World: We'll offer the option to host your game on our own servers (this may require a fee).
All hosted games can choose to participate in entirely new gameplay modes with other hosted cities!

Here are some of the things we're thinking about:
  • Your cooperative games will be available all the time, not just when the computer serving the game is on
  • Establish alliances and supply-routes between friendly, player controlled cities
  • Trade in the global economy that spans all hosted games
  • Band several cities together to create your own Empires

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
In our wildest dreams, we would host your game on our servers (perhaps for a modest fee to cover hosting costs), but we want you to be able to host your own game on your computer if you want, or buy the server yourself.

That magical last 24 hours is coming up! Good luck

r1chard

They put in the million-dollar goal line just in case. I don't expect either Tom or Tony think it's actually going to happen. But if it does, they have indicated what they'd spend the money doing. Seems reasonable :)

Over in the official discussion forums there's a guy Pepe who's been doing some really nice modelling:
c4284955b476325f.png

... and we just discovered he also has a 3d printer and painting skills:
54335b22406a7450.jpeg

syko de4d

in the stream they said paypal will be going one for 2 weeks for people, which get their Money at the beginning of the month. Who knows maybe paypal will get it over 1million. But when not it´s still amazing what they got :)

But there could be a little more hype on Neogaf :p

edit: model looks nice, man there will be alot of content already in the beta.
Wait for Lord of the Rings edition or Game of Thrones... or maybe someone create a Sci Fi Version xD

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Oh wow this looks great! Am glad that this thread popped back up to the top so could see it!

Will be tossing some money into the hat most def as we need more titles like this.

Totally awesome too that the devs are twin brothers haha

Vardhan

Super excited about this game. Pledged 5 dollars through Kickstarter. I'll probably buy the game through Paypal.

EDIT: According to the livestream, we might eventually get Elves post-release. :O

r1chard

And DONE.

$751,920 in Kickstarter plus $36k in paypal brings them very close to $800k!

Wow.

The Q&A during the final livestream was amazing. Tom and Tony have some really great ideas.

Man, really glad they got as much funding as they did, a lot of the stretch goals seem amazing, so I'm glad they're going to be able to go with so many of them.

syko de4d

its 46k from paypal, so 798K

Paypal is still working for 2 weeks if anyone is interested in backing this.

Dont forget!
30$ = 2 Games + Beta Access for one Game + 3 Pets (Kitten, Mammoth, Dragon Welp)

Will never be this cheap again, just sell the second copy later or give it a friend :)

Nabs

I'm really happy for Ponder and inkblot. I can't wait to see what they are able to come up with.

The concept for this game seems amazing; can't believe this is the first time I've noticed it.

Can't decide which tier to go for though, since my girlfriend will probably want a copy too; $45 tier might be best in my case.

So happy at the amount of funding they were able to achieve. I ended up increasing my backing for the buddy pack at $45. I can't wait to play this.

How and When Can I Play the Game?

The game isn’t playable yet. $30 and above backers, you’ll get access to the beta in December of this year. Everyone else, you will get the game in September 2014, after the beta.

For those that didn't back, better get in on Paypal while you can or it's going to be a long wait!

r1chard

Another live stream going on right now with Tom modelling some carpenter workshop stuff and answering questions.

Amongst questions about character progression and armour kits there's other more specific questions like: "will tools break"... "no, that's just busy work and we don't want busy work"

syko de4d

Another live stream going on right now with Tom modelling some carpenter workshop stuff and answering questions.

Amongst questions about character progression and armour kits there's other more specific questions like: "will tools break"... "no, that's just busy work and we don't want busy work"

thx, will watch :)

Cant wait for beta

syko de4d

1 day till alpha release :)

You can already redeem your steam key via humblebundle but atm steam only downloads the graphic test ^^

ZZMitch

From that thread:

Quick update since I know a lot of you guys are on pins and needles. We are too!

We're currently in the "release candidate" phase, which means we're spinning an official build and testing it for THE build that we send out in the wild.

We're on RC3 right now, which means the previous two release candidates today have failed (meaning we found a bug that's prevented the release).

As soon as we get a good build, we will send it up to Humble. Then once the upload it, you'll be able to download it from the page. We will also push to Steam, and your Stonehearth in Steam will automatically update to the Alpha.

Please bear with us...we're almost there!

r1chard

It's out, and it's full of bugs. I hope they can release bugfixed versions quite rapidly through Steam to address the worst of the issues. We'll see.

It looks very nice, and the whole theme they're aiming for is full of charm. I think this is going to be quite a special little game!

I'm also curious to see how far people can go with Lua hacks with this version :)

Jinko

Yea looks like there are some big issues with the AI, but the graphics, camera and UI seem to work flawlessly so that's good.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I probably wont be able to download it for a while yet...how's the music? I thought the trailer music was pretty charming.

syko de4d

AI is pretty buggy atm and not really much to build (really pre Alpha :D) but it´s already really enjoying to watch your people do stuff like eat at a table, sleep in beds, walking around, turn on the campfire, warm their hands at that fire etc.

Thats the most i could do after the AI bugs started and they stopped to build anything

Ww75cFT.jpg

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Patch day: http://stonehearth.net/2014/01/09/stonehearth-alpha-r22-patch-notes/

Hi guys. We’ve pushed a new build of Alpha 1 to Steam. Humble Bundle users, you’ll be able to download it very soon. Here are the changes in this release:

Keyboard controls for the camera, WASD to move and QE to rotate
Graphics settings dialog available from the title screen
Default graphics options are set to something that will work on low-end cards. If you have a beefy card, play around with them to improve the look of your game.
The UI will now work correctly on screens smaller than 1080p
Settlers now desire just 1 meal per day (down from 3)
New character sheet, so you can learn a little bit about your settlers
Here’s a shot of the character sheet. Of course, it’s a work in progress.

character_sheet.jpg

r1chard

Game seems just as buggy to me with the latest patch - eventually all my settlers just stand around holding wood and doing nothing with it :(

Orlandu84

Game seems just as buggy to me with the latest patch - eventually all my settlers just stand around holding wood and doing nothing with it :(

Same here. It doesn't seem to matter what I ask them to do, eventually they just end up picking up and dropping logs. I am glad they are doing an Alpha, but I wonder if they jumped the gun in releasing the game in this state.

Top Bottom