• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranger Things OST details: Two volumes, 1st volume available digitally this Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
FINALLY on Spotify.

Here's a link to the details you mouth breathers.

Listen to three tracks:

"She'll Kill You"

"A Kiss" and "Kids"

For some reason I can't find the direct links to the SoundCloud page, but these two articles have them.

ST_OST_V1%5B1%5D.jpeg

Pitchfork said:
Netflix’s original series “Stranger Things” is scored by Kyle Dixon and Michael Stein, who are a part of the Austin band S U R V I V E. Two weeks ago, it was announced that Dixon and Stein’s soundtrack “is coming soon.” It’s now been revealed that the soundtrack will be split into two volumes. The first one is out digitally on Friday, August 12; the CD release arrives on September 16 via Lakeshore/Netflix. The second volume is out digitally August 19, and its CD release is September 23.

Created by members of the band S U R V I V E (Link to their Spotify page here).

Vinyl when? :/

Stranger Things, Vol 1

01 Stranger Things
02 Kids
03 Nancy and Barb
04 This Isn’t You
05 Lay-Z-Boy
06 Friendship
07 Eleven
08 A Kiss
09 Castle Beyers
10 Hawkins
11 The Upside Down
12 After Sarah
13 One Blink For Yes
14 Photos in the Woods
15 Fresh Blood
16 Lamps
17 Hallucinations
18 Hanging Lights
19 Biking to School
20 Are You Sure?
21 Agents
22 Papa
23 Cops Are Good at Finding
24 No Weapons
25 Walking Through the Nether
26 She’ll Kill You
27 Run Away
28 No Autopsy
29 Dispatch
30 Joyce and Lonnie Fighting
31 Lights Out
32 Hazmat Suits
33 Theoretically
34 You Can Talk to Me
35 What Else Is There to Do?
36 Hawkins Lab

Volume 2 available now.

Still only on the damn Apple Store which is absurd.

EDIT: Listen to a FIVE MINUTE version of the theme song here (not just looping, additional music).

Stranger Things, Vol 2

01 Hopper Sneaks In
02 I Know What I Saw
03 Rolling out the Pool
04 Over
05 Gearing Up
06 Flickering
07 First Kiss
08 Crying
09 Walking Down the Tracks
10 Where's Barb?
11 Speak of the Devil
12 Danger Danger
13 Tribulations
14 Flashback
15 Kids Two
16 Talking to Australia
17 Night of the Seventh
18 See Any Rain?
19 Coffee & Contemplation
20 Inside the Black Room
21 Starts to Rain
22 Eleven Is Gone
23 Time for a 187
24 Something in the House
25 Still Pretty
26 Abilities
27Tendril
28 They Found Us
29 Bad Men
30 Spiked Bat
31 Making Contact
32 What Do You Know
33 It's Not My Boy
34 Something in the Wall
35 Let's Go
36 Leap of Faith
37 In Pursuit
38 Breaking and Entering
39 Stranger Things (Extended)

Surfinn

One of the best soundtracks in years in years on tv, for me. Sounds a lot like Daft Punk's Tron OST IMO. Great stuff.

-griffy-

Banned
Yeah, how was this not part of the announcement?

Vinyl takes time. Only so many places pressing them, so even if they decided to do it already it would probably be well into next year before it's available for purchase.

It seems clear the show, and its soundtrack, is far more popular than Netflix had anticipated, so they most probably didn't have this stuff set into motion until after the show released and it blew up.

RaidenZR

Vinyl takes time. Only so many places pressing them, so even if they decided to do it already it would probably be well into next year before it's available for purchase.

It seems clear the show, and its soundtrack, is far more popular than Netflix had anticipated, so they most probably didn't have this stuff set into motion until after the show released and it blew up.

I'm aware. It can still be part of the announcement if it's planned.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
This REALLY needs to be on vinyl and I'm not a vinyl nerd in the slightest.
Depends on who is doing the pressing. Synth/bass heavy work can be tricky with vinyl. You don't cut it right and it sounds flat and lifeless and no amount of boosting its bass levels is going to help. So I'd imagine a giant two volume collection of synth heavy music would take quite awhile to master and engineer correctly. That and pressing plants are swamped.

"kids" is out there too. that's my favorite. immediately resonated with me when i heard it during the show (either episode 1 or 2, that's all i've watched so far). very cool song.

"kids" is out there too. that's my favorite. immediately resonated with me when i heard it during the show (either episode 1 or 2, that's all i've watched so far). very cool song.

Yep. I didn't realize it was in the second link I posted. Love that song.

EDIT: Is this seriously only available on Apple Music right now? Not even Amazon?

stranger-things.1.6.1289000.75.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom