• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street attacks against Muslims sky rocket in UK

Alfadawg

Banned
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...lam-hate-crime-brexit-tell-mama-a8457996.html

Islamophobic street attacks are on the rise in the UK as perpetrators feel “emboldened” by terror attacks and political discourse, a report has found.
Tell Mama, which measures anti-Muslim incidents in Britain, recorded a 30 per cent rise in street incidents and a 16 per cent rise in 2017, taking the number of verified reports to a record of 1,201.

The group warned of a “marked shift” towards more serious offline incidents like physical attacks, vandalism and abuse, as hatred continues to spread on social media.

It was only a matter of time. The press share a lot of the blame as well as Politicians in the UK and elsewhere, especially all the BS Trump keeps spouting.

Spheyr

Banned
Whew, they keep up that increase and there may be as many attacks on Muslims as there are attacks by Muslims in another 40 years

Meanwhile, acid attacks are up 600%.

Also, I love that these reports are "verified" by the same group that profits off them. Strange how that goes.

Last edited:
Tell Mama, which measures anti-Muslim incidents in Britain, recorded a 30 per cent rise in street incidents and a 16 per cent rise in 2017, taking the number of verified reports to a record of 1,201.

Can someone who numbers better than I do explain what this sentence is trying to state? It makes less than zero sense to me. As if we are comparing street incidents with 2017. How do any of these numbers mean anything at all? And how do these totals somehow create a record of 1201? Its all too confusing for me.

Can someone who numbers better than I do explain what this sentence is trying to state? It makes less than zero sense to me. As if we are comparing street incidents with 2017. How do any of these numbers mean anything at all? And how do these totals somehow create a record of 1201? Its all too confusing for me.

It means "We promise there is a problem! Give us money!"

I wonder if Sadiq is funneling money to them for "research"?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It means "We promise there is a problem! Give us money!"

I wonder if Sadiq is funneling money to them for "research"?

He did promote a waste money on a juvenile balloon, that could have been donated to help those in need. Women that are victims of violence/assault, children victims of his "normal" acid attacks, etc., etc..

Last edited:

Gander

Banned
Here is the thing, some people may think that it's an intrusion if the U.S. takes Syria and settles the area but is not an intrusion that all the Syria refugees go to other countries and began trying to change their ways? Something has got to give. With Syria settled and owned by the U.S. Syrians can stay in their homeland and of course the U.S. gets the oils resources. It perhaps even becomes a travel destination.

Corderlain

Banned
The UK is gonna have to start jailing a lot more people for online hate speech. How else are the poor minorities gonna have somewhere to stay and not assimilate into an already established culture?

AfricanKing

Nothing can excuse attacking an innocent person because of their race, any one who says Muslims are the problem have not been around Muslims .. just lettings the internet dictate to you about how the 1.8 billion people live their lives is a stupid way of going about

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Nothing can excuse attacking an innocent person because of their race, any one who says Muslims are the problem have not been around Muslims .. just lettings the internet dictate to you about how the 1.8 billion people live their lives is a stupid way of going about

FWIW: Muslim is not a race.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
From that whole statement thats the only part you pick up on.

Yes, because you start off your statement misleading, just like how they like to blur those lines for an extra layer of "protection" against people who want to criticize their religious ideologies.

Last edited:

Spheyr

Banned
Please let's be considered to others. We are talking about other fellow humans.
Street attacks against innocent people sky rocket in the UK. However, ITT: conservatives shrug because?
You and I have different definitions for innocent I guess

Here is the thing, some people may think that it's an intrusion if the U.S. takes Syria and settles the area but is not an intrusion that all the Syria refugees go to other countries and began trying to change their ways? Something has got to give. With Syria settled and owned by the U.S. Syrians can stay in their homeland and of course the U.S. gets the oils resources. It perhaps even becomes a travel destination.

What a load of bullshit. The CIA fostered the civil war in Syria, just like they tried to do in Egypt and did in Libya.

AfricanKing

, just like how they like to blur those lines for an extra layer of "protection" against people who want to criticize religious ideologie

What the hell are you talking about, innocent people are being attacked for what god they believe in how is anything you said even relevant

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
What the hell are you talking about, innocent people are being attacked for what god they believe in how is anything you said even relevant

So which is it, race, or ideology?

Because you started it off about race, then moved on instantly to tie to muslim.

Yes, it is wrong to attack people based on their views, regardless of gender, color of skin, or creed. But let us not confuse race =/= muslim like your sentence read as and a lot of the media and dogmatic people peddle when one tries to criticize Islam; they are also labeled a "racist".

Last edited:

AfricanKing

So which is it, race, or ideology?

Because you started it off about race, then moved on instantly to tie to muslim.

Yes, it is wrong to attack people based on their views, regardless of gender, color of skin, or creed. But let us not confuse race =/= muslim like your sentence read as.

Replace race with religion that's what i originally meant

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Replace race with religion that's what i originally meant

I completely agree with you. You can see how they did such a good job "conditioning" that it is often those lines a blurred that we do not even realize we say it ourselves.

There are 3 Abrahamic religions, Christianity, Muslim, and Judaism, yet only 2 blur the lines, themselves, with race/bloodlines, and those same two have special words that get used to stifle discourse when one criticizes their doctrines. Ironic to say the least.

Last edited:
It was only a matter of time. The press share a lot of the blame as well as Politicians in the UK and elsewhere, especially all the BS Trump keeps spouting.

I don't condone violence and physical attacks of any kind. But what's this topic even supposed to accomplish? The way it's framed you make it seem as if the UK is a xenophobic sh*thole only to play your tribalistic political games. Admit it, you don't really give a hoot about these attacks, you just want to rile people up and garner brownie points for your political side.

Where was your outrage when little girls have been systematically raped, abused and forced into prostitution by immigrant Muslim gangs? This systematic abuse went on for decades, with UK citizens and victims alike being ignored by their own police and politicians out of fear of being labeled an Islamophobia. Don't believe me? Then take it from the reporter who broke the story and fought for years against being labeled a racist:

Where was your outrage about the dramatic rise in 'honor crimes', acid attacks and violence against women?

More than 11,000 cases of so-called honour crime were recorded by UK police forces from 2010-14, new figures show. The Iranian and Kurdish Women's Rights Organisation, which obtained the data, called for a national strategy for police, courts and schools to follow. The crimes are usually aimed at women, and can include abductions, beatings and even murders.

How about we talk about the major increase in crimes and violent attacks these past few years? The vast majority of which can be linked to atrocities perpetuated under Muslim faith and tradition. There's a lot of pent up rage bubbling up among UK citizens, many of whom feel absolutely ignored by their respective institutions when faced with these problems on an everyday basis. Instead they are simply being dismissed as racists or reprimanded for "hate speech" while stuff like this is going down:

You really don't think such a situation is putting an enormous strain on civil solidarity? Now of course, many Muslims are perfectly fine citizens, but you can't deny the fact that many of them putting their faith over modern democratic values makes integration efforts enormously difficult. But nah, you're just here to push your political agenda by presenting a one-sided truth.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned

From my understanding

street incidents up 30%

other incidents up 16%

total incidents 1201

Alfadawg

Banned
So innocent people deserve getting battered because a small minority of perverts diddled kids half way across the country?

Why are all Muslims to blame for their crimes yet when some white kid goes on a rampage and murders hoards of kids, he's a loner or worse...it never happened and is fake news.

Open your eyes and your heart to suffering. Turn off the computer, leave your bedroom and go talk to some muslims and see that they are people just like you.

We play fortnite, we love Mario kart and watching terminator 2.

No one is changing your culture bro. Release the hate inside!

So innocent people deserve getting battered because a small minority of perverts diddled kids half way across the country?

Why are all Muslims to blame for their crimes yet when some white kid goes on a rampage and murders hoards of kids, he's a loner or worse...it never happened and is fake news.

Open your eyes and your heart to suffering. Turn off the computer, leave your bedroom and go talk to some muslims and see that they are people just like you.

We play fortnite, we love Mario kart and watching terminator 2.

No one is changing your culture bro. Release the hate inside!

So what are the incidence rates of these things versus population size for white people versus 1st/2nd generation Muslims?

American

Banned
Whew, they keep up that increase and there may be as many attacks on Muslims as there are attacks by Muslims in another 40 years

Yes. Because the only way to make society better is to attack an innocent bunch of people because a bunch of people attacked other innocent people.

It's nice to see the new face of Neogaf. Disgusting, despicable, racist, transphobic and islamophobic . The centre is truly a great place to be. :)

AfricanKing

UK is a xenophobic sh*thole only to play your tribalistic political games. Admit it, you don't really give a hoot about these attacks, you just want to rile people up and garner brownie points for your political side.

The public bought into a campaing to leave the EU based on a shit ton of xeniphoib material peddled my a far right group and it worked . For a moment and even till today Muslims dont feel safe in the UK. Do you need me to show you the posters that where put into the homes of people asking them to " Punish a Muslim" on a certain day. Instead of attacking the OP why dont you attack the story at hand, like what the OP thinks is of your concern.

Where was your outrage when little girls have been systematically raped, abused and forced into prostitution by immigrant Muslim gangs? This systematic abuse went on for decades, with UK citizens and victims alike being ignored by their own police and politicians out of fear of being labeled an Islamophobia. Don't believe me? Then take it from the reporter who broke the story and fought for years against being labeled a racist

Please dont make this about how a group of Pakistani Muslims conducted them selfs, you dont need to ask anyone for them to tell you that what happened in Rochdale was a terrible crime that was done by a bunch of evil men. They where not acting in the name of Islam , they where simply evil to the core. The same way the catholic church was running a paedophile sex ring , i dont sit and blame every priest for the actions of a select few. Being able to detach the actions of someone from their religion is something we need to start doing instead of lumping them all together under the same blanket

Where was your outrage about the dramatic rise in 'honor crimes', acid attacks and violence against women?

Acid attacks are not a muslim only crime here is a study done by the BBC that says otherwise when they looked at the number of acid attacks over the last 15 years :

The findings include:
  • The suspect was male 74% of the time and victim was male 67% of the time
  • Just 6% of suspects were Asian
  • Only one so-called ‘honour’ attack was recorded in 15 years
  • Four out of five violent offences never reached trial

The BBC

Instead they are simply being dismissed as racists or reprimanded for "hate speech" while stuff like this is going down:

Nothing is stopping you from talking about the crimes Muslims have committed , but is this really the right thread for that , since when has it become a tic for tac way of living , why dont you make your own thread and argue your point instead of trying to hi-jack another thread which is unrelated

Spheyr

Banned
Yes. Because the only way to make society better is to attack an innocent bunch of people because a bunch of people attacked other innocent people.

It's nice to see the new face of Neogaf. Disgusting, despicable, racist, transphobic and islamophobic . The centre is truly a great place to be. :)
I didn't say it made anything better, you're reading a whooooole book outta one sentence.

From my understanding

street incidents up 30%

other incidents up 16%

total incidents 1201

I wanted to get a better break down of these numbers to try and separate violence from non-violence but there doesn't seem to be a source in the article for these numbers. Just "Tell Mama says"...

AfricanKing

I literally said I don't have a Muslim-specific definition of innocent.

Don't twist words.

So why make that comment if you're not willing to back it.

Why comment at all if it means nothing , the context of your comment seemed to read as if you dont see innocent Muslims as being innocent .

The public bought into a campaing to leave the EU based on a shit ton of xeniphoib material peddled my a far right group and it worked . For a moment and even till today Muslims dont feel safe in the UK. Do you need me to show you the posters that where put into the homes of people asking them to " Punish a Muslim" on a certain day. Instead of attacking the OP why dont you attack the story at hand, like what the OP thinks is of your concern.

Please dont make this about how a group of Pakistani Muslims conducted them selfs, you dont need to ask anyone for them to tell you that what happened in Rochdale was a terrible crime that was done by a bunch of evil men. They where not acting in the name of Islam , they where simply evil to the core. The same way the catholic church was running a paedophile sex ring , i dont sit and blame every priest for the actions of a select few. Being able to detach the actions of someone from their religion is something we need to start doing instead of lumping them all together under the same blanket

Acid attacks are not a muslim only crime here is a study done by the BBC that says otherwise when they looked at the number of acid attacks over the last 15 years :

The BBC

Nothing is stopping you from talking about the crimes Muslims have committed , but is this really the right thread for that , since when has it become a tic for tac way of living , why dont you make your own thread and argue your point instead of trying to hi-jack another thread which is unrelated

Considering the OP was just in another thread downplaying political violence, I feel fine giving him a little shot in this one.

I confront you with cold hard facts and you're replying with general platitudes? My eyes are open to suffering (I opened my whole reply by criticizing these attacks), but contrary to you they are open to all kinds of suffering, including the one inflicted by theocratic doctrines like Islam.

Also, don't even try accusing me of generalizing as I've already explicitly stated that I'm not accusing all Muslims. That being said, religious bigotry and ass-backwards theocratic dogmas have no place in modern democracies and are outright trampling on enlightenment values. As an atheist, I stand with Sam Harris and Christopher Hitchens on this:

Do you need me to show you the posters that where put into the homes of people asking them to "Punish a Muslim" on a certain day. Instead of attacking the OP why dont you attack the story at hand, like what the OP thinks is of your concern.

I'm against "punching Muslims" just like I'm against "punching Nazis", because I'm against vigilante violence of any kind. I'm also not attacking the OP, but the way this thread is framed. By invoking Trump who has f*ck all to do with this, it's doing disservice to such a serious issue only to set up another political shit-flinging contest.

They where not acting in the name of Islam , they where simply evil to the core. The same way the catholic church was running a paedophile sex ring , i dont sit and blame every priest for the actions of a select few. Nothing is stopping you from talking about the crimes Muslims have committed...

First of all, I criticized the catholic sex trafficking rings as much as I'm criticizing the Muslim ones. Second, I'm not talking about the crimes that Muslims have committed, but the crimes that are committed in the name of Islam. There's a big difference!

Last edited:
Top Bottom