• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street attacks against Muslims sky rocket in UK

America does not have the problem we have. To only imagine that Islam is like American Muslims are is very naive. If Muslims in Europe would be like in America most people would not have a problem AT ALL.
Funny enough because I am more than sure the Government spies on their muslim communit regardless h
Yeah I also can not stand the reports of women getting arrested for not wearing a veil. I do hate all these people getting killed because they are gay or trans. I hate all these people getting assaulted for wearing a Kipp by these mean Christians.. Are there radical christians? Yes for sure but they are such a small minority while radical Islam is not. Just look at the graph and how many people want to live under sharia law. Look how Iran has changed in the last 40 years

Irna+in+1960s+002.jpg

http://2013ritemail2014.blogspot.com/2013/04/iran-in-1960s.html

Iran today

iran-18.jpg

Iran in which women now get assaulted and arrested for not wearing headscarfs or this shit which by the way has NOTHING to do with the actual Islam but with the radicalisation. To think that Christianity today is any kind of threat is ridiculous while at the same time downplay how much the Islam has changed in the last 60 years and not for the better.

These outfits in the first pic get you arrested now by the way.
I think it best to read this, Dunki www.britannica.com/place/Iran/. Radical Islam had nothing to do with the downfall of Iran before the Iran Revolution. All the causes were econimics(like high inflation/stagnated standard of living) the Shah's abusive powers(using Savak to torture anyone that question his authority), and ousted any political outlets is what eventually caused the Revolution. It grew into Authoritarian state while the US was okay with because The Shah regime had the US support and because the oil was overflowing with oil from Iran.. Had none of these happened, we wouldn't see the Iran we seeing today. There would be no Iranian Revolution. No Attack on the US embassy in Tehran. Khomeini would not have returned to Iran.

Alfadawg

Banned
So what you are saying is that Iran is just another own goal by the US, just like Iraq?

All those innocent lives lost, just for a new more deadly foe for American to fear. It's like 1984!

Dunki

Funny enough because I am more than sure the Government spies on their muslim communit regardless h
I think it best to read this, Dunki www.britannica.com/place/Iran/. Radical Islam had nothing to do with the downfall of Iran before the Iran Revolution. All the causes were econimics(like high inflation/stagnated standard of living) the Shah's abusive powers(using Savak to torture anyone that question his authority), and ousted any political outlets is what eventually caused the Revolution. It grew into Authoritarian state while the US was okay with because The Shah regime had the US support and because the oil was overflowing with oil from Iran.. Had none of these happened, we wouldn't see the Iran we seeing today. There would be no Iranian Revolution. No Attack on the US embassy in Tehran. Khomeini would not have returned to Iran.
So just like Nazi Germany then. These Radical changes are always economical this is the catalyst that will make this possible. And Europe also did not react at all while Hitler was annexing countries etc. That is what we also need to criticize the world does not care until it will influence their own countries. And I certainly agree with this. But it still caused of the radicalization of the Islam. Religion is very often a reason for war, radicalization etc. That is why I also think a world without religion is a better place.

I'm not in America but trump has become the figure head of fighting the mythical radical islam.

While you quiver in fear of radical islam, radical christians are doing far more damage.

The difference between the two is how it's reported.

What's the difference between the Boston bomber and sandy hook? The difference in reporting and perception is staggering yet I would put both incidents on par.

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news...oups-bankroll-campaign-to-free-tommy-robinson

A us diplomat representing Trump tried to lobby the British ambassador to get that shitbag released early and bannon says he's the backbone of this country. The US is pushing this shit train and it's causing innocent people to suffer.
Stay in that Utopia of tolerance and let others decide their fates.

oagboghi2

Why weren't you this sympathetic towards Shiva?
Yeah Mr. Evidence. What the fuck? These stories you take at face value? Interesting?

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news...oups-bankroll-campaign-to-free-tommy-robinson

A us diplomat representing Trump tried to lobby the British ambassador to get that shitbag released early and bannon says he's the backbone of this country. The US is pushing this shit train and it's causing innocent people to suffer.
Stay in that Utopia of tolerance and let others decide their fates.
lol Trump has now become a Boogeyman on the left to the same level of the Koch brothers or George Soros.

Everything is a Trump conspiracy

Last edited:
So why get so upset over 70+ dead people in the UK? Innocent people die in war as you say? So how is the war on terror different?

That is quite a move from 'look at all these attacks on muslims which are mostly just nasty words' to 'why upset over 70+ deaths'. It's almost as if any action against muslims by unbelievers are inherently worse then anything done by the faithful.

Ke0

THe only Country that deserves Support right now and is an Islamic State is Saudi Arabia

Are you serious? The country that exports wahhabism Is the one that deserves support because they finally let women drive??!

This is one thing I hate about our two countries the absolute rank hypocrisy, we cry about radical Islam but fellatio the country who is chiefly responsible for spreading it.

Last edited:

Alfadawg

Banned
That is quite a move from 'look at all these attacks on muslims which are mostly just nasty words' to 'why upset over 70+ deaths'. It's almost as if any action against muslims by unbelievers are inherently worse then anything done by the faithful.

I was just throwing his arguement back at him.

Funny how hate crime on innocent people who have nothing to do with terror is justified by people.

Their mental gymnastics are just too much.

Just accept that hate crime against Muslims is up rather than blame Muslims

Funny how hate crime on innocent people who have nothing to do with terror is justified by people.

Not. one. single. person. in this thread isn't condemning these hateful attacks. Before you continue with your blatant misrepresentations of what other people said, how about you bring some receipts of people in this thread being in support of these violent crimes. That's right, you can't, because there is none!

Just accept that hate crime against Muslims is up rather than blame Muslims.

And this is exactly the reason why I think you've created this topic not to discuss the issue at hand, but to present this as some kind of dishonest "gotcha" in order to fuel your silly political tribalism. You're not interested in understanding the problem, you just want to shake your fists and yell at clouds.

Nobody is denying that hate crimes against Muslims are on the rise, heck assaults on Asylums in Europe have been on the sharp incline since the immigration crisis. Nobody here is approving those attacks, nobody! What people are trying to tell you is that those attacks correlate with other hateful and violent crimes. This means that the problem is much deeper than merely going "HURR DURR DRUMPF & RACISM". You don't think that I find the rise of extreme right populism in Europe not worrisome? Of course I do, but your simplistic self-righteous tribalistic tone-deaf finger pointing is exactly what is contributing to this trend! You keep accusing people like that, they sure as sh*t won't listen to you, instead they'll be warmely welcomed by the open arms of the pied piper.

It means that those conflicts and attacks are on the rise, because quite obviously integration efforts (on both sides) aren't working as it intended. Your tribalistic and reductionist views aren't really helping to understand the issue at all and are outright detrimental to the discussion of these integration problems, which are the root causes for these civil conflicts.

You really want to help prevent such attacks in the future? Then stop it with your simplistic and overly binary us-vs.-them mentality, your silly name-calling and your prejudiced assumptions about the people in this thread and actually start discussing the issues at hand. Simply pointing fingers at the opposition while doling out -isms like candy isn't helping in understanding the problem at all.

Last edited:

luigimario

Banned

He was replying to a poster that said the millions of dead muslims, many women and children, in iraq/afghanistan/pakistan etc are just casualties of war. Try to keep up mate....

manfestival

Reading this whole thread just feels like too many Americans interjecting their opinion on real world problems that they have little to no knowledge on.

He was replying to a poster that said the millions of dead muslims, many women and children, in iraq/afghanistan/pakistan etc are just casualties of war. Try to keep up mate....

It went more like:
"Massive increase of attacks on muslims !"
"Most of these attacks are not violent and they are a fraction of the violence caused by islamic terrorism in the UK"
"Oh yeah, prove it !"
"Proof provided"
"But whatabout all the millions of deaths in Afghanistan/Pakistan/Syria/Libya by UK bombing"

The next step in this would be:

"Most of the deaths in those countries were killed by islamic terrorism"

Which would be followed by

"But The West created all these terrorists"

And then an endless discussion on the faults of The West.

oagboghi2

Reading this whole thread just feels like too many Americans interjecting their opinion on real world problems that they have little to no knowledge on.
Now you know how it feels when Europeans pontificate about American politics, while knowing nothing about the issue other than stereotypes they picked up from the BBC and Hollywood.

manfestival

Now you know how it feels when Europeans pontificate about American politics, while knowing nothing about the issue other than stereotypes they picked up from the BBC and Hollywood.
I am confused, are you trying to make a general statement or are you assuming that I am a European and you are attempting to make a counter statement to mine?

Alfadawg

Banned

yeh but America is much worse than what the BBC tell us.

Just watch Who is America!

J-Rod

yeh but America is much worse than what the BBC tell us.

Just watch Who is America!

I’m American, but it is hard not to have the same perception about the UK sometimes considering they’ve had more child rape scandals than I can even keep up with anymore. Newcastle, Rotterdam, Telford, Rochdale, and Oxford with victim counts in the thousands stretching over a period of decades just to name a few.

Alfadawg

Banned
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
So like the opposite of all the other threads about Americans where non Americans do the same?

Huh

Jmarshall

You are sadly very innocent if you think the only child sex rings are full of muslims or indeed exclusive to the UK. Our media just chooses to publicise them much more than non-muslim sex rings as it gets people more riled up and gets more clicks.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...d-sex-trafficking_us_582de812e4b0eaa5f14d417d

https://www.wnyc.org/story/ny-post-finds-epidemic-sex-trafficking-new-york/

Plenty more. Easy to focus on just muslims because sex offenders come in all colours.

For clarity, the issue around the Child Grooming Gangs that operated in Rotherham, is not that they were a new phenomena introduced to the UK by Muslim men*, but that they were allowed to operate with impunity because they were mostly Muslim men.

The local government, the local police and local politicians failed to clamp down on the abuse of up to 1500 girls because they feared by doing so they would be perceived as bigoted by the local Muslim population.

But there was a disproportionate number of "Muslim" men who operated these gangs, and that's a well documented and evidenced fact, not hysteria of the right.

*I say Muslim men as a partly lazy generalisation, in reality the criminals were Muslim men who had immigrated or families had come from particular part of Waziristan and it should not infer that all British Muslim men suffer from the same destructive prejudices when it comes to women.

Our media just chooses to publicise them much more than non-muslim sex rings as it gets people more riled up and gets more clicks.

That is blatantly false. A couple of years ago the child sex scandal in the catholic church was heavily publicized and reported on. Meanwhile Muslim child prostitution rings are allowed to fester for decades because the relevant institutions and media outlets are too afraid of being labeled Islamophobic. I've already explained this in my first reply in this topic and you should really listen to Andrew Norfolk's speech.

It's the same reason why 'Asian' as replaced 'Muslim' when it comes to reporting crimes or why the sexual assault wave that swept over Germany during New Year's eve was quickly swept under the rug. The media is fearful to release these facts because they are afraid of contributing to xenophobic resentments. Unfortunately all those omissions by the media are only fuel for the populists in Europe.

J-Rod

You are sadly very innocent if you think the only child sex rings are full of muslims or indeed exclusive to the UK.

I didn’t say that or imply it, but was just backing the point that people have innaccurate or incomplete perceptions of countries they don’t live in based on what they read or see on the tv/internet. To use another example, China probably wonders why it seems like we allow people shoot up our kids the same way I wonder why it seems like they allow their government massacre their own people every couple of decades or so.

Alfadawg

Banned
Strange how a topic about an increase in hate crime has more or less cycled through every alt right anti Islamic talking point.

This should be the official islamaphobe support group.

Top Bottom