• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 6 has sold 4 million units worldwide

StereoVsn

I still haven’t tried it. I was kind of disappointed by SF V and I mainly play SP or local MP with kids or sometimes friends when they come over.

How is SP on SFVI, decent amount of content or barebones similar to SFV?

SkylineRKR

SF6 is a fairly great game, I'd rate it far higher than 4 and 5. But I dropped out because I don't like any DLC addition to this game so far.

kunonabi

SFVI is probably the only major fighting game this gen I'm not buying. Just not a fan of the mechanics, roster, art style, music, or the weird gender politics.

CotW is looking like a much better take on many of SFV's mechanics already so that's probably going to be my game of choice assuming they don't pull something stupid like they did with KoFXV.

Just 4 million a year after release? The game definitely deserves to sell 10+ million. Tekken 8 sold 2 million copies in its first month alone. MK1 has sold nearly 3 million copies in less than two months.

But the guys at Capcom seem to be pretty pleased about it. So, I guess it should be Ok.

Personally, I have been a SF/Tekken fan since childhood, three decades ago. So, I bought them both - SF6 and T8 - as the characters bring nostalgia to me.
MK is the laughing stock of the fgc. Nobody cares about it.

Roxkis_ii

Man, a friend and I both have been talking about getting SF6 since it came out, but my wife doesn't like the kind of person I become when I start playing street fighter lol.

~ You always want to play, but you never want to lose! ~

-System of a down

Last edited:
If anything that might be what’s hurting it. If it’s seen as too serious or only for Pros the casual masses that play Mk, Tekken and Smash might be wary to get involved.

To anyone old enough SF is iconic, the SNES days through to 3 were crazy. 4 actually got a lot of people in my friend group playing it again but it seems since that little resurgence the wider world hasn’t really cared for it

SF3 almost killed the IP though. No one was play the SF3 games except hardcore Japanese arcade gamers back when the games were new. 3S only gained attention years after 3S due to Evo Moment 37 (Justin vs Daigo), and the Japanese pro scene supporting the game regularly before/during/after that time.

If anything, a new SF6 anime series would be nice for the casual crowds to dip into the game; the game itself has plenty of systems to make things easy for a novice. I don't see the pro leagues for games like League and Fortnite having a negative impact on those games' perception among casuals, so no reason to think eSports is having a negative impact on SF6 among that type of crowd, either.

I don't like playing it. Played USFIV prior and even with much better animation the fighting in 6 feels like it's happening at 5x Earth gravity with how slow everything plays out. The new characters are garbage and to get the costumes for veterans that don't look like they came from a thrift shop you have to play their mobile quality RPG mode. The magenta purple neon UI is also a major eyesore. Only good thing I found was team battles being super customizable to the point where you can play 3v3 ala KoF.

Last edited:

Futaleufu

No purchase from me, mainly because of the art style. How much uglier are we going to get in SF7?
This game was heavily focus grouped for american audiences and there is no going back from pseudo realism to anime-like.

Top Bottom