• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

RC

Banned
Put a ton of time into 3rd Strike on my ps2. Still no goddamn good though, can barely parry to save my life. And I doubt my Ken's going to get any better with this iteration.

PSN: RC_3k

3rd strike y'all. Can't wait.

I've always wished Capcom made the decision to make SF3 for PSX and see how that turned out. I'm sure the purists would be disgusted by it but in all honestly if the animation was up to par with SFA3 PSX it would've been good enough for the general public. I think the lack of a 3rd Strike port on the PSX was part of what killed the fighting genre. That plus MK4 kinda sucking and then Midway taking a huge break before doing MK5.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
I can't wait until next week. I'm one of the few who loves the 3S cast.

Buy this game, people. We need more re-releases like this.

zlatko

Banned
OT shoulda been |Play Third Strike, It's a Good Game!| :(

I dig the character face shows up in the name after a while, but I would have totally missed them scrolling down if I hadn't gone back up for a second to read one of the quotes.

6 days to the Seanpocalypse. May all your nightmares be filled with basketballs hitting you in the face. Let the low tier salt flow and consume you.

I'm thinking about buying this, but I'm scared though lol. I have the DC version, but I don't even remember how good I was at it.

Mr Jared

Finally, an excuse repost this NCR intro that I slaved away at the night before the tournament :X

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQLsS3I21q8

I'm picking this up to play with friends online but I have no intentions of taking it seriously again. I've spent YEARS of my life playing this game already. I don't see it becoming popular again, either. New players won't know what to do without mash-happy gameplay and comeback mechanics, old players have been-there, done-that. At least now tournament organizers don't have the "I don't want to bring a CRT" excuse anymore.

Sai

RS4- said:

Looking forward to doing this against everyone
Lol! That's beautiful...

PSN: SoldiaBlue
Live: SaiST

Look foward to seeing you guys online next week.

... Go easy on me. ;P

Nice OP :D

Bought MS points today in anticipation for next week. Can't wait to do some Makoto SA2 combos on you guys XD

XBL: SolarKnightR

ShaneB

I've gone ahead and created a metatag for the XBL gamers.

Add GAF 3S and invite from there :) I'm MetalGnomes, and I've already added myself of course.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Mr Jared said:
Finally, an excuse repost this NCR intro that I slaved away at the night before the tournament :X

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQLsS3I21q8

I'm picking this up to play with friends online but I have no intentions of taking it seriously again. I've spent YEARS of my life playing this game already. I don't see it becoming popular again, either. New players won't know what to do without mash-happy gameplay and comeback mechanics, old players have been-there, done-that. At least now tournament organizers don't have the "I don't want to bring a CRT" excuse anymore.

"It's a Good Game." should've been the |OT| tag. Damn.
KuGsj.gif

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I suck at fighting games in my old age, but I think I'm gonna buy this as I haven't played it in a while (since it came out in the SF Anniversary Collection) and I like having a good 2D fighter on XBLA. Still waiting for an XBLA version of SFA3, though...

AAK

PSN: AAK0924

Dunno who to play.... probably Makoto or Elena

BTW: OP How did you do those Font gifs??? That's pretty badass stuff!

entremet

So any of you guys gonna try new mains? Best time to do so, right? I think I might go with Urien and/or Elena. I was a Ryu/Ibuki guy previously.

ShaneB

A reminder to XBL players. Instead of listing gamertags and adding a bunch of people, just add the metatag I've created and when in game, invite from that friends list.

Add gamertag GAF 3S :)

oracrest

XBL: oracrest
PSN: oracrest

I'll get both, what are the best arcade sticks? Preferably a universal, but accuracy is most important.

Top Bottom