• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Been preparing for this for AGES now.

Will take 3 days off from work when this is out. We've planned on doing an AWESOME session on release.

CozMick

Banned
Awesome job with the OP Vespa, pre-ordered on the store and ready to get owned.

Please add me to the PSN list - CozMick

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How do you pre-order something on PSN/XBL :eek:? And what's the point of it? lol

CozMick

Banned
Yoshichan said:
How do you pre-order something on PSN/XBL :eek:? And what's the point of it? lol

On PS3 PS+ subscribers could pre-order the game for a discount, Gill unlocked from the start and a free theme

Yoshichan

CozMick said:
On PS3 PS+ subscribers could pre-order the game for a discount, Gill unlocked from the start and a free theme
wow

shinbojan

Banned
Bootaaay said:
Dudley & Akuma, yes, Makoto, no.

Thanks.
I did use Makoto in SF4, but I see that she plays completely different in 3 series.

P.S. Nattens Madrigal is one of my all time favorites.

danmaku

Nabs said:
I'm so sad this isn't coming to PC. Enjoy this game GAF! I can't wait to see how good the netcode is.

Master race is already playing 3S, with GGPO and for free (and illegally). I guess that's why Capcom couldn't care less about a PC version.

Dachande

danmaku said:
Master race is already playing 3S, with GGPO and for free (and illegally). I guess that's why Capcom couldn't care less about a PC version.

The GGPO guy is removing 3S support from the PC version when OE launches.

Will be buying this day one. Always found the online competition on GGPO for example to be super-super high, so I'm not expecting to get many online wins. Will be good for the challenges and new stuff though.

ShaneB

Added a couple more people to the metatag that sent invites.

A reminder XBL'ers, add GAF 3S. If you're not familiar with a metatag, you just add that as a friend, and from there look at the friends of friend list, and invite from there. This means you only add one Gamertag instead of many and lose track :)

edit: just saw the metatag info got put into the OP, thanks vespa :)

I can't wait to play, going to main Urien and Dudley. Bunch of other fun characters too I'll mess around with. I know my fighting game basics, but yeah, I'm still a 3S scrub, so I welcome playing fellow Third Strike newcomers! I know Sloth and I had plenty of fun playing together on GGPO

vg260

2&2 said:
Anyone know if the PS3 pre-order theme is exclusive to the PSN Play offer or if it will be available later?

Anyone? Today is the last day to pre-order I believe. I'm probably only getting this on the 360 (I have better sticks), but I want that theme.

Filth

onken said:
Damnnnnnn why the fuck is there no pre-order/theme option on the JP store?!?!

Try again when you have money, bum. Jokes aside, it might help if you tell us the error message.

I forgot the error code exactly but it was " cannot add funds " and " 80023102 ". Which google shows everyone has the same issue I'm having

2&2 said:
Anyone? Today is the last day to pre-order I believe. I'm probably only getting this on the 360 (I have better sticks), but I want that theme.
I don't see why it would be. That's like Capcom turning down free money. If you really want the theme though, preorder just in case.

vg260

_dementia said:
I don't see why it would be. That's like Capcom turning down free money. If you really want the theme though, preorder just in case.

Hopefully. I don't really use my PS3 for games much anymore. Only for exclusives and media stuff. That theme is so good, but not worth $15 if I'm not gonna touch the game.

2&2 said:
Hopefully. I don't really use my PS3 for games much anymore. Only for exclusives and media stuff. That theme is so good, but not worth $15 if I'm not gonna touch the game.
If you don't use your PS3 often, why would you even care about the theme? It's something you'll only see for 3 seconds before you load a Blu-ray or whatever.

AkuMifune

Banned
Recently went back to SSF2THDR in anticipation, still a ton of fun. Got 100 ranked wins in a couple days too. ;)

Adding myself to the 360 metatag - AkuMifune

PSN: hikarutimitt
XBL: hikarutilmitt

Getting both, have PSN preordered already, waiting for some good matches.

Yes, my PSN tag is missing the L in it, don't ask

All this talk of preordering this game. How do I go about this?

When I briefly played this game on the Dreamcast I mained Necro, but I think I will need to find another character to main if I have any hopes of going online. I have always mained Vega in any SF iteration that was possible (Rolo in SFA1 and SFA2). Are there any SF3 characters that play similarly? Mind games and pokes, for example.

robotzombie said:
Are comboes harder or easier to perform in this than in the street fighter iv series?
Generally easier I think. More chain/target combos and the juggle system isn't as restrictive. Airborne dizzied opponents can be hit too.

joe1138

Very nice OT. I never really got to spend a lot of time with SF III in the arcades so I'm really looking forward to this release.

PSN: joe1138

Top Bottom