• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

vg260

Anyone know if the PS3 pre-order theme is exclusive to the PSN Play offer or if it will be available later?

Shinriji

Already preordered. This is the third time that I buy 3rd Strike. Hopefully THIS TIME I can perfect the parry bonus game. :(

PSN: Shinriji

Aurarian

AWWWW YEAHHHH

Can't wait for this to come out. It's practically reinvigorated me to pick up fighting games again(so much so that I bought a stick and a copy of SSFIV). My PSN: Aurarian.

XBL: TheFightingFish

If any other 360 US folks are starting from ground zero with this game please add me. I don't mind getting crushed by experts but it would be nice to have a couple of fellow noobs to learn with.

Awesome thread, I'm down for some games with Gaffers.

PSN; Bootaaay - Elena / Remy / Akuma

Should be interesting, I've been playing the game for years but only among a small circle of 5 friends, so my well honed skills may turn out to be worthless, but oh well :D

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
cj_iwakura said:
Team Remy represent!

PSN: cj_iwakura .

I also GGPO some if there's still interest for that.
Last I heard, this game is being taken off of GGPO in the very near future if it hasn't been already.

XLant

Neo Member
Amazing game receives amazing OT; good stuff.
ShaneB said:
A reminder to XBL players. Instead of listing gamertags and adding a bunch of people, just add the metatag I've created and when in game, invite from that friends list.

Add gamertag GAF 3S :)
Excellent; thank you.

TheFightingFish said:
If any other 360 US folks are starting from ground zero with this game please add me. I don't mind getting crushed by experts but it would be nice to have a couple of fellow noobs to learn with.
Cool; sending you an invite for sure. I just got back into fighting games with SSIV:AE and it gave me an intense craving to revisit 3S. All I ask is you remember to fight like a gentleman :p

oracrest said:
I'll get both, what are the best arcade sticks? Preferably a universal, but accuracy is most important.
For best feel+response you want this:
madcatz_ps3_sfiv_fightstickte.jpg

great OP! I'm pretty new to fighters. Which console usually has the bigger/more devoted community? I want to be able to find a fight (and promptly lose) fast and with no fuss.

zlatko

Banned
DanteRavenkin said:
great OP! I'm pretty new to fighters. Which console usually has the bigger/more devoted community? I want to be able to find a fight (and promptly lose) fast and with no fuss.

Both are equal in that regard, but a lot of players in the USA play on 360. I've heard several pro scene players make comments that the online on PSN is worse than 360's when it came to games like SF4 and MvC3.

This game will use GGPO, so that shouldn't have a baring. GAF has a few loyal peeps on PS3 in a Gaf chat channel who play together, but 360 also has its circle of peeps you can find games with.

Pick whichever you feel more comfortable with. I'm going 360, because that's my primary console for fighters and what I bought my TE arcade stick for.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
I am in there. The pre order theme is so gdlk.

Hopefully everyone in GAF SSF4 PSN chat picks this up, looking forward to bodying you all with Sean.

Xevren

TheFightingFish said:
XBL: TheFightingFish

Yo, you're already on my friends list but I'm in the same boat. Will be learning like a complete noob. Going to be playing offline with some friends for the first couple of days though.

El Sloth

Banned
Pretty pumped for this. Look forward to getting my ass beat in another fighting game.

Also looking forward to properly learning Elena. I'll be messing around with Sean and Makoto on the side.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I've never played this SF. Ever. I think I'll buy it but I'm not gonna lie, no Cammy bums me out.

Skilletor

Tashi0106 said:
I've never played this SF. Ever. I think I'll buy it but I'm not gonna lie, no Cammy bums me out.

There are lots of SF2 fans bummed out by the roster. :p

Skillzilla81 on both PSN/XBLA

WIll be playing on both.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Skilletor said:

Skillzilla81 on both PSN/XBLA

WIll be playing on both.

Actually it's weird. I never player Super Turbo II until HD Remix. That's when I became a Cammy fan. I've been playing her since then and still do in Arcade Edition of IV. I think I'm going to buy this though. Give it a shot. It's a pretty legendary game from what I understand, I kind of feel obligated.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Zombie James said:
I'm usually a Ken, maybe I should give Sean a shot...
Why? Not losing enough?

Skilletor said:
Whatever. 3rd Strike has a better roster than SF2.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Skilletor said:
Winning is too easy with Ken. Using Sean is a real challenge.
Look. I'm going to pick Ken, and I'm going to use SAIII, and I'm going to bloody well like it.

Filth

psn hasnt allowed me to add any funds to my account. i cant figure out why :(

1) im in the correct region
2) my creedit card info is good and up to date
3) yes my internet is working.
4) ...??...... help :(

Nabs

I'm so sad this isn't coming to PC. Enjoy this game GAF! I can't wait to see how good the netcode is.

lantus

Jeez, haven't played this since the Anniversary Collection on PS2, gonna take awhile to get the hang of it again, probably gonna take even longer before I play online. :p

Fox1304

Can't wait !
Just received my Tatsunoko VS Capcom Stick, the mayflash adapter, preordered the game, all is set !

And also : PSN : Fox1304

onken

Damnnnnnn why the fuck is there no pre-order/theme option on the JP store?!?!

Philooch said:
psn hasnt allowed me to add any funds to my account. i cant figure out why :(

1) im in the correct region
2) my creedit card info is good and up to date
3) yes my internet is working.
4) ...??...... help :(

Try again when you have money, bum. Jokes aside, it might help if you tell us the error message.

shinbojan

Banned
The only SF that I did not play as much as I would've liked due to not having the game in the arcade and spending all free time on Tekken.
Are Gouki/Makoto/Dudley good picks for a beginner?

PSN: shinbojan (Region: Europe).

Top Bottom