• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Finally got my PS3 back and started playing, noticed that the game freezes every now and again, is that just my system being fucked up again or is that just the game being buggy?

For the sake of being descriptive, it got stuck once on the retry screen of a parry challenge and the second time in the middle of another challenge (cant remember which one but before it got stuck some background art was glitching out)

Update. It happened with Symphony of the Night also ... So its my system. Weird thing is that Dark Souls or Netflix run perfectly, sigh.

Raging Spaniard said:
Finally got my PS3 back and started playing, noticed that the game freezes every now and again, is that just my system being fucked up again or is that just the game being buggy?

For the sake of being descriptive, it got stuck once on the retry screen of a parry challenge and the second time in the middle of another challenge (cant remember which one but before it got stuck some background art was glitching out)

Update. It happened with Symphony of the Night also ... So its my system. Weird thing is that Dark Souls or Netflix run perfectly, sigh.
Yeah, sorry. I haven't had the game lock up on me.

CPS2

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I tried this on a friend's PS3, and it's every bit as good as I remember from uni days.
The new trials and everything are great fun to pour time into. I just about managed Evo moment #37 after about 20mins of using fierce instead of strong punch shoryuken =_=...

Felt good though! Shame about my location, or I'd already be bugging you guys for some schoolin'. Once I get hold of a PS3, looks like I'm stuck in the lab until I move out of 3G net connection land.

ShaneB

Been a while since I've played any 3S for various reasons, but played for a little bit tonight and realized how much I missed it. Seeing the update was nice, I guess now begins a waiting period for the next patch that I I believe will be a lot more in game fixes and changes?

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
CPS2 said:
So true about 3s teaching you bad habits. It was my main game for a long time as well, and even just charge moves are so different in 3s compared to any other game. I still have some leftover muscle memory that makes me want to tap forward at people jumping at me too lol.

I try to focus attack fireballs in 3rd all the time. =/

Toge

wackojackosnose said:
Urgh, love 3rd Strike but the online portion of this game is horrid! Too many goddamn red pingers. I've tried messing with the GGPO delay but, urgh, it still sucks.

Any UK / EU'ers still play this?
Don't know if you'll see this but you can add me... I seldomly play these days but have lots of friends who are very good. I'm on 360

Raging Spaniard said:

PS3 hates good games = CONFIRMED!

Trade that crap in to Gamestop and get a working system already. :|

Raging Spaniard said:

It appears DS does not use the HDD and Netflix is minimal in its use. Maybe you should try another game or two that doesn't use the HDD for installing and then try another that does (or another PSone/PSN game that resides solely on your HDD). It could be that your drive needs to be defragmented or simply replaced.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
hikarutilmitt said:
It appears DS does not use the HDD and Netflix is minimal in its use. Maybe you should try another game or two that doesn't use the HDD for installing and then try another that does (or another PSone/PSN game that resides solely on your HDD). It could be that your drive needs to be defragmented or simply replaced.

Yeah Im in the middle of testing that. I formatted the hardrive using the "quick" method, reinstalled the games and the PSN stuff gave me the same problems. Now Im doing a full, 28 hour long formatting of the hardrive and Ill give it another shot when its done (in the morning)

If it fucks up after that, Ill try a new hardrive. I hope its not because I just bought it a month ago and its 500 gb :|

Edit: I did get to play 3SO for a couple of hours, and now I really understand why Makoto is so much better in this game. So many more options!

Dexa

Banned
can someone link me to a good chun tut?
after the last patch i can finally find games online for the first time :)

RS4-

Is there an image of the full set of colors for color pack #2?

edit, nm found it. Ugh just put in a color edit mode

Patch 1.02 Next Week
The Street Fighter III Online Edition development team has been hard at work going through your feedback, and are now prepping to launch patch 1.02 next week on October 25 for PSN and October 26 on XBLA. Hit the jump to see what what fixes you can look forward to.

1) Improved YouTube video quality (for PS3 ONLY)
2) Added the ability to unassign “3-punches” and “3-kicks” on the Controls screen.
3) Re-enabled the option to play with a human partner in Training mode.
4) Changed the "recording" feature in training mode. This feature now allows you to practice against a dummy, which repeats your recorded inputs.
5) Fixed a bug that would cause an a negative level value to be displayed on the main menu after hitting the level cap.
6) Fixed a bug that would cause a crash when repeatedly pressing "Confirm" after viewing a Match from a downloaded Match Pack.
7) Added support for Music Pack DLC.

vulva

asked before but didn't see an answer (sorry if it has been) but is there a clean version of this background from the theme available online? I wish I had a way to extract it from the ps3 theme but I don't think I do =(

42463777.jpg

Tizoc

Arcade OST better be free =V.
Wouldn't mind paying for 2I and NG OSTs really.
...and damnit EU versions haven't updated yet ugh.

Training mode is now awesome again. But the ex command input is still weird :/

I recorded Urien(2p) doing unblockable set against me where he ends the combo with c.HP to headbutt(i actually press 2 punches for this but it didn't come out). After i replay it back to practice parrying it, if i don't parry it just does what i recorded it to do, the failed ex heabutt. But I parried one hit of the aegis which threw off the timing for the recorded inputs so 2p didn't do c.HP but ex headbutt came out. wtf.

VerTiGo

Banned
lupinko said:
What about 3S OST? =/

Isn't that already in the game? I don't remember how it was on the DC. I have to check out these tracks later. Kinda forced to... not having custom soundtracks on PS3 blows.

54-46!

Just got this today, there doesn't seem to be much activity in my area though, a lot of orange/red pings..

Questions!
- Why aren't they using the original portrait for Q but for every other character they do?
- Is the game full screen on an SDTV?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
54-46! said:
Just got this today, there doesn't seem to be much activity in my area though, a lot of orange/red pings..

Questions!
- Why aren't they using the original portrait for Q but for every other character they do?
I'm playing on a rubbish little SDTV, and it's always fullscreen 4:3. I don't have the option to see those sidebars with the XP challenges and such. If I put it in 'Arcade Cabinet' mode, it shrinks to about 3/4 of the screen.

54-46! said:

Questions!
Yeah, I thought I was the only one that was put off by that.

54-46!

There's something about the UI that puts me off, it isn't clean, like they upressed all the fonts / HUD elements and just put a filter on them.. looks weird.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, anyone still playing on PSN? The tournament feature is pretty much dead...

east of eastside said:
Hello Capcom,

Where the hell are these backgrounds?

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg237/brendanrfoley/sfiii2014.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg237/brendanrfoley/sfiii2031.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg237/brendanrfoley/sfiii2027.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg237/brendanrfoley/sfiii2022.jpg[IMG]

Background packs = money.

Hurry.[/QUOTE]

Ugh. I saw the bump and pics of old stages and thought there was an announcement. :(

Top Bottom