• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guidance looks sexy as hell in V-Trigger though. It isn't a charge when you're combining normals before it, right?

I'm guessing normal DG is only good in the x/MK combo?

After v trigger, no charge. But before, you need to. But the charge is short enough that its not a real issue.

DG is great as a combo extender, as long as they aren't blocking, because its highly punishable. If you can make a read, it's a great fireball punish. And, even if on blocked hit, you are spaced out enough, its a lot harder to punish.
Main combos with it are: st mk, cr or st mp, lp DG. St mp, cr mp, lp DG. And st hp, mk stomp, cr mp, lp DG.
Also, after v trigger, you can swap in the mp variant in all of those, for even more damage.

cHaotix8

GGs! Man, that was incredibly overwhelming, you are FAR above my level. Forced me to play in a way I never have before; I guess that obscenely deliberate pace is how real matches are fought. Was pretty hard to adapt, though I got into the flow of it a bit... ended up spamming the cr.HP and drop kick a bit more than I would have liked, though for once I did hold back.

I have a whole lot more left to learn. I couldn't even really tell in the moment just what I had to do more of or less of, you were just outplaying me. Nice Karin!

Thanks for the kind words but we're all still learning. You had some good runs when you were spacing me out with her hop kick. Then when I'd look for that, you'd catch me with either the roll or charge hk. I think taking more notice of what i'm looking for in the neutral and use that to get in before I get V-Reversal is key. Between those three and jumps it gets a bit hard for me to keep Mika out, and you did pretty okay at that for the most part. If your anti air game was on point as well I'd have lost a lot more matches. You've got the mixup down, once you stop people from jumping at you then you'll be a wall.

FluxWaveZ

Thanks for the kind words but we're all still learning. You had some good runs when you were spacing me out with her hop kick. Then when I'd look for that, you'd catch me with either the roll or charge hk. I think taking more notice of what i'm looking for in the neutral and use that to get in before I get V-Reversal is key. Between those three and jumps it gets a bit hard for me to keep Mika out, and you did pretty okay at that for the most part. If your anti air game was on point as well I'd have lost a lot more matches. You've got the mixup down, once you stop people from jumping at you then you'll be a wall.

Thanks for the advice, definitely will take note of these. That V-Reversal would shut me down completely. People don't do it much, but when I go against an opponent who does I'm suddenly lost. Thinking about moments when the opponent will use them and either bait or at least block them is more important than I had thought.

I'll need to practice using Wingless Airplane on reaction more. I'll need to actually pay more attention to when an opponent might jump, instead of only when they ARE jumping.

Laura needs help. Woshige please!

Look at the bright side, she's probably getting a ticket to buff city. Now excuse while I continue watching this tournament with commentators constantly chatting about my main needing nerfs...

Alucard needs to stop playing anything but Necalli. He dominates with that character.

Thank you. I'm watching Haitani, and he's badass. But alucard? Goddamn that man was the king of stompy braid man fighting.

Mediking

Guile's stage looks good at a glance but..... ummmm.... it needs work..... That WSO Sessions presentation for Guile doesn't really make his stage look all that good.... It's so static and boring.

I just fought my first Gold player, and I won! :D ... today I got destroyed by this Bronze Karin like 4 times in a row. I gained 2 ranks today, I mostly play casual but decided I was ready to climb higher and was able to get 1500 LP.

Neoxon

Is Street Fighter: Resurrection supposed to be a prologue for Street Fighter V's Cinematic Story Mode? If so,
it more-or-less confirmed that it was the Illuminati that brought Charlie back from the dead, with it being hinted that their purpose for resurrecting Charlie was to have him kill Bison (Kolin said "Remember why we brought you back" to the recently-revived Charlie).

mbpm1

Is Street Fighter: Resurrection supposed to be a prologue for Street Fighter V's Cinematic Story Mode? If so,
it more-or-less confirmed that it was the Illuminati who brought Charlie back from the dead, with it being hinted that their purpose for resurrecting Charlie was to have him kill Bison.

So as we thought

Mediking

it more-or-less confirmed that it was the Illuminati that brought Charlie back from the dead, with it being hinted that their purpose for resurrecting Charlie was to have him kill Bison (Kolin said "Remember why we brought you back" to the recently-revived Charlie).

There's a comic that came with the Collector's Edition for SFV and it pretty much said that.... Oh! I remember reading the comic and thinking, "The blonde woman in the business suit that's talking to Charlie is pretty hot." Lol

Neoxon

There's a comic that came with the Collector's Edition for SFV and it pretty much said that.... Oh! I remember reading the comic and thinking, "The blonde woman in the business suit that's talking to Charlie is pretty hot." Lol
The Life & Death(s) of Charlie Nash, I assume.

So I just faced my first Super Gold ... I've never been rekt so hard. It was an onslaught of blows I didn't know what to do. Karin's normals scare me.

He seems to be ready go atleast. Unlike Alex where it felt like they waited till the last minute. Even the trailer came out after. So hopefully it means they're getting their bearings and things are starting to run smoothly.

Yeah, releasing the trailer probably a week or so before he's released seems to be a better model for doing things, for sure.

Apparently they still don't have zenny worked out though; what a clusterfuck that's turning out to be. No premium costumes for anyone, all DLC characters for free so far, free Zenny for people who want to get what they can with them and then not bother "buying" them when they do actually release.

The Alex reveal must have been one of the worst character reveal processes ever. So strange that they'd miss two near 100K viewer reveals and they'd get beaten to the punch by fan trailers.
Yeah, releasing the trailer probably a week or so before he's released seems to be a better model for doing things, for sure.

Apparently they still don't have zenny worked out though; what a clusterfuck that's turning out to be. No premium costumes for anyone, all DLC characters for free so far, free Zenny for people who want to get what they can with them and then not bother "buying" them when they do actually release.
More worrying than that is the fact that all this free stuff still isn't helping sales. I mean, anyone who owns the game right now has free access to the DLC characters, their trials, challenges, story modes, survival modes and all the fight money that accompanies this access, but people still aren't buying. I don't even see how the inevitable (and rightful to be fair) locking of content is supposed to improve things.

Ominous

I just bought the HRAP 4, as I've been meaning to graduate from the Hori 6-button pad for awhile. Now, after watching this I'm realizing I've been using a stick incorrectly my entire life. Has anyone else gone through this realization and had to adjust? How has that gone for you? Would it even be worth trying to change now?

I have my hands on the buttons as follows: thumb on LK, index finger on LP, middle finger on MP, and my pinky on HP (which will also go down to HK when needed).

I just bought the HRAP 4, as I've been meaning to graduate from the Hori 6-button pad for awhile. Now, after watching this I'm realizing I've been using a stick incorrectly my entire life. Has anyone else gone through this realization and had to adjust? How has that gone for you? Would it even be worth trying to change now?

I have my hands on the buttons as follows: thumb on LK, index finger on LP, middle finger on MP, and my pinky on HP (which will also go down to HK when needed).

Oh yeah, I actually watched this same video and now I hold the stick the same way and it dramatically improved my execution. Learning a stick is a process. It's definitely worth learning how to use it and adapting to whatever feels most comfortable for you.

Oh yeah, I actually watched this same video and now I hold the stick the same way and it dramatically improved my execution. Learning a stick is a process. It's definitely worth learning how to use it and adapting to whatever feels most comfortable for you.

Agh. I can get used to the way he holds the stick, but using two fingers on each button? Insane!

DR2K

Banned
The Alex reveal must have been one of the worst character reveal processes ever. So strange that they'd miss two near 100K viewer reveals and they'd get beaten to the punch by fan trailers.

More worrying than that is the fact that all this free stuff still isn't helping sales. I mean, anyone who owns the game right now has free access to the DLC characters, their trials, challenges, story modes, survival modes and all the fight money that accompanies this access, but people still aren't buying. I don't even see how the inevitable (and rightful to be fair) locking of content is supposed to improve things.

Ominous

The game launched for $60 with barely any content. Still paltry even with the current "free" content. Capcom is going to have to do something drastic if it wants people to buy it.

The game launched for $60 with barely any content. Still paltry even with the current "free" content. Capcom is going to have to do something drastic if it wants people to buy it.
I'd imagine adding things like Story mode, fixing the online,adding new characters and adding new single player modes will help.

Most of which they will have done by September.

KingBroly

Banned
I'd imagine adding things like Story mode, fixing the online,adding new characters and adding new single player modes will help.

Most of which they will have done by September.

The only SP mode they've confirmed to be doing is the Story Mode. Not Arcade Mode, not Offline Versus CPU.

And considering how slow they're putting stuff out right now, it's going to be at least until next March that they put something out that'd get new people interested.

The only SP mode they've confirmed to be doing is the Story Mode. Not Arcade Mode, not Offline Versus CPU.

And considering how slow they're putting stuff out right now, it's going to be at least until next March that they put something out that'd get new people interested.
I think both those things are a given at this point, the only variable is when they'll release it.

After June would be the safest assumption since that's the only Single player content they already had planned.

KingBroly

Banned
I think both those things are a given at this point, the only variable is when they'll release it.

After June would be the safest assumption since that's the only Single player content they already had planned.

I don't think they've begun on ANYTHING past what they've already definitively promised, which is...

- Story Mode
- Guile, Balrog, Ibuki, Juri and Urien
- Daily Challenges
- Zenny Shop (lol)
- Rage Quit "fix"

SF5 just has so many basic things missing that it's never going to get everything it needs to make it worth the prices they're asking. If this kills SF, Capcom 100% deserves it for fucking it up so badly.

Renekton

I'm still guessing Oct - Dec 2016 for those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom