• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just got a message from someone named bROWNaSSASSIN1 (street fighter name is surfFighter) who seems really mad that I beat him in a casual set

Aww yeah, super gold get. Man I'm so glad I gave Alex a try. Suits me much more than Necalli ever did, even if his tools aren't quite as good. The lariat blender is too real.

ChouGoku

Were guile and alex free? I've played this game probably 5 times since launch. I load it today and Guile and Alex are selectable, i played about 2 weeks ago and they werent there.

Were guile and alex free? I've played this game probably 5 times since launch. I load it today and Guile and Alex are selectable, i played about 2 weeks ago and they werent there.

They're free for now since Capcom still hasn't implemented the zenny shop. Once they do they'll be pay to play.

Xeteh

They're still free. They're free until the zenny shop is open.

Numb

Juri is IV's best character so V should go back to the Jojo well when making a new fighter.
SFV will finally make Ringo happen

latest

Played my first ranked match in a while, and first with Karin, and I get bodied by wolfkrone

Could've been worse. You could've beaten him and then had him ragequit on you. He's known to do that.

Edit: No problem, Edgeward. When you get on you host the lobby. My CFN is acting up and saying everyone is offline so I don't know if my invites would go through atm anyways.

Went into ranked for the first time in like a week or so. Lost 1000 LP lol. Managed to get half of it back though. Just gotta stay away from ranked, since it seems to turn me into a stubborn player, and a salt mine.

Zissou

You just answer your own question. There is really no point of using any other AA move when they have start up and potentially trading while with jabs you don't have to worry and is the best way to hit players when they neutral jump out of a grab.

What if it's playing against R.Mika player? The only option you have is to jump if they like pressing light normals.

I don't see why it's a problem that one anti-air is better than another. There's often one 'right' answer to a specific situation.

I'm confused by the Mika comment- what do you mean?

Backdashing to avoid the throw doesn't really do anything. I just lose space and don't get a punish anyway, so again I get penalized for baiting a throw.
I play Birdie so it's a bit harder to set the spacing when his back walk speed is so much slower than 90% of the cast's forward walk speed.
I don't even care if I hit the opponent during a neutral jump or cross-up when they whiff the throw; I just wish they would either have to fear getting hit or be forced to block.

If you want to bait a punish a throw/throw tech, why not push yourself out of range with a blocked normal? I assume you're talking from perspective of the attacker and you're looking to punish the throw tech attempt, no?

ggs, Edgeward. You were the first Vega to actually be smart enough to stay away from me, lol. I haven't seen many of them use his st.hk as an anti-air. That was blowing me up all day.

Have to get the timing down on my setups better, though. A lot of times I was getting jabbed out of my jab baits.

Menitta

It's Ken night. One more Ken and I'm done.

What do you do when someone who beats you messages you "Good games, princess ;)" cuz I just blocked him. Like, fuck off.

Edgeward

GGs, Yo Tornado. That was the toughest Alex I have faced so far. Those powerbomb mixups got me like 90% of the time. Really stressful, but a lot of fun.

A side note to PC users: If you can't launch the game and get no crash errors, you should try putting the .exe as an exclusion via your anti-virus, in my case windows defender. seems to solve it right quick

ggs, Edgeward. You were the first Vega to actually be smart enough to stay away from me, lol. I haven't seen many of them use his st.hk as an anti-air. That was blowing me up all day.

Have to get the timing down on my setups better, though. A lot of times I was getting jabbed out of my jab baits.

It's how I am lol. I kinda approach it the same way as Gief. But it is more of a struggle since Alex doesn't get punished by Vega's slide so easily. Those hk AAs bit me in the ass real bad when you mixed up with the superman. The move is so negative I never see any Alex actually use it past week 1.

Those hk AAs bit me in the ass real bad when you mixed up with the superman. The move is so negative I never see any Alex actually use it past week 1.

Fortunately I ride week one until the end of every game's life cycle, lol. But nah, it's actually a really good anti-anti air, especially if the opponent is using heavy buttons like you were. High risk, high reward. You either look like a jackass, or you get in. And when Alex gets in it's usually over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom