• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompadour

Lol why Balrog have to get beat up in his own trailer tho? Why Capcom do him like that?

Also I'm curious as to why they decided to have him beat up on Bison instead of Ibuki like what they've been doing with past trailers.

They haven't followed that pattern for every trailer, though.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Censorship talk has begun in the other thread so time to bail.

Anyone else notice every DLC character looks way better than the last visually? Juri and Balrog look a step above Alex/Guile.
Yes, Capcom outsourced the character models to multiple studios and sadly couldnt enforce a quality bar.

ie: Check Vega and Ken faces look like they were made by the same artist/team.
While Gief looks to be made by another artist/team.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Censorship talk has begun in the other thread so time to bail.

Anyone else notice every DLC character looks way better than the last visually? Juri and Balrog look a step above Alex/Guile.
Choosing not to expose 90% of every female character's breasts is censorship and I won't stand for it! It's those SJWs, I tell ya!

Juri does look really good, and Balrog's robe makes him much more visually interesting. I think they both look a lot better than Alex. Guile looks like Guile to me, for better or worse. I think they did a good job with him, he's just a little boring due to the lack of physics objects on his model.

Skilletor

I really have trouble caring about character's faces looking bad in win poses or supers when we see that like 2% of the time during gameplay.

Excellent fodder for people posting screens online.

I think everybody looks great except Ken and Alex, though.

Quesa

guile was a mistake. i haven't seen any top guiles playing there.

I wonder if we won't see more Guiles after Evo. I think most top players have been playing their main since the beta and switching mains would involve a loss of comfort and experience that they may not want to sacrifice right now. Despite it being his character I'm skeptical even PR Rog will switch to Rog weeks ahead of Evo.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Watching some of the CEO matches now and Mago has changed his gameplan completely. He's not going for any 2 EX meter combos anymore, he's rather using his meter for uppercuts and EX dashes. And he spends most of his V-meter on V-reversals instead of aiming for the V-trigger.

guile was a mistake. i haven't seen any top guiles playing there.
Is anyone actually trying to make him work outside of Chris G (who wasn't at CEO)?

Big Brett

I just realized. The update is coming out a day before my birthday. Thanks Capcom!

giphy.gif

I definetely prefer this version of Juri's new costume over the old one (Shown in Cammy's Story Mode), or maybe just the shitty Bengus art threw everyone off.

FluxWaveZ

Juri's model might look alright, but she's gotta step up her posing game.
3/10

And it's pretty nuts that there were even more surprises with that new stage and costume. This is looking like a fantastic update. Interesting how Karin got a new costume all for herself.

JayEH

Dat new stage. Dat Karin outfit. Dat sound of my wallet being slowly killed.

Yeah lol. I wasn't really planning on spending even any fight money with the update but now I'm probably going to blow it all then start buying things with real money.

MrCarter

"Hey Boss, how do we make Urien cooler?"

"Hmmmm...., fuck it, just make him stand on top of an anti-air rocket."

dClxVpV.jpg

I was worried about his look in the trailer but this completely removed all my fears. He looks fucking A. Can we please get this tank/rocket stage too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom