• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

This.

Has anywhere posted a timeframe for the update. I was already thinking about taking Friday off, but if I get to spend most of the day playing Ibuki, I definitely will.

How much are you willing to gamble that the servers will be stable after coming online after the update?

Interesting tidbits :
Capcom said:
As you can see, they have a brand new look with Urien in a high-end suit and Juri in a biker outfit.

This would basically confirm it was indeed her bike we saw in the story trailer:

qQsQCXN.jpg

SSReborn

Wait... wait.... what ALL is coming Friday??? What's free and what's NOT free???

Premium Costumes will cost money.

Stages, Stage Variations, and Characters can be earned with FM

I don't think the Karin costume can be obtained through FM so it may cost money as well.

The season pass people will get the characters for free.

Wait... wait.... what ALL is coming Friday??? What's free and what's NOT free???

Shit that's FREE:

Story Mode
Matchmaking Fix
There MIGHT be dailies also in the update but there hasn't been any mention of it officially by Capcom, just reporting by some news sites. So Juri's still out on that.

Shit that can be bought with FM/Real money:

Ibuki
Balrog
3 alternative stages
2 new stages (maybe balrog's stage is free? Doubt it)

Shit that can ONLY be bought with Real Money:

All the premium costumes that have already been leaked.
Ibuki and Balrog premium costumes (which you already have if you got the season pass)
Karin's God-Tier new premium costume.

Coda

Premium Costumes will cost money.

Stages, Stage Variations, and Characters can be earned with FM

I don't think the Karin costume can be obtained through FM so it may cost money as well.

The season pass people will get the characters for free.

What's the best/quickest/most efficient way to earn FM right now?

I've beaten everyone's story mode, except for maybe Alex and Guile. And I grind online a lot but is it better to do character trials/challenges for fight money? Survival?

vg260

I'm just glad this is coming out, so they can now focus on a lot of the visual issues the game has, arcade mode, and other complaints that were probably on the backburner because they were working on all this.

Zerojul

Karin's God-Tier new premium costume.

I fully expect, nay, I demand, that all the Karins I will fight online starting July 1st wear this outfit.

What's the best/quickest/most efficient way to earn FM right now?

I've beaten everyone's story mode, except for maybe Alex and Guile. And I grind online a lot but is it better to do character trials/challenges for fight money? Survival?

Trials, tutorials and easy/normal survivals are easy FM, and much faster than grinding ranked/casuals imo.

What's the best way to earn FM right now?

Do the story mode/easy survival for Alex and Guile. They'll have to be purchased with FM when the update hits so best take advantage of it while you can.

Easy survival is fairly easy for every character. Medium is a bit of a grind but still doable as long as you spend your points well for those last stages for buffs.

Do the trials and demonstrations in challenge mode.

Cinematic Story Mode will give 30k FM for the regular version. There will be an extra difficulty mode that unlocks after you complete it with the default difficulty. The extra difficult one gives 50k FM. So that's 80K FM from the cinematic story mode.

Just generally levelling up a character will also give FM.. Levelling up a character gives 1000FM each.

SSReborn

So these gaming press sites keep mentioning Targets/Daily Challenges like they will be included with this update as well. Safe to assume that they have it wrong? Cuz I see no mention of it on the blog post.

Shadoken

He sounds just as dumb as 3rd strike.

He sounds pretty weird in Third Strike as well

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .. Guess am the only guy who loved his 3S voice. It was really unique , it looked like they had some sort of voice filter on it to sound like that.

I wonder why they didnt just go and get the same english VA who did Urien in 3S.

His Japanese VA in SFV is probably going to sound similar to Second impact with the weird engrish.

So these gaming press sites keep mentioning Targets/Daily Challenges like they will be included with this update as well. Safe to assume that they have it wrong? Cuz I see no mention of it on the blog post.

Fairly safe to assume that the gaming "press" sites got it wrong. Capcom would definitely have it front and center as one of their highlights for the update as it encourages a lot of people to put in more regular time with the game.

Zerojul

I bet on it being very wrong and ensuing outrage from gamers on a "Cacpcom lied to us once again" kinda rhyme.

Xeteh

Assume it is wrong until Capcom says something. I know they originally said the goal was to have challenges out with the zenny store but we don't know if they're still trying to hit that with the release of the premium stuff.

Neoxon

¯_(ツ)_/¯ .. Guess am the only guy who loved his 3S voice. It was really unique , it looked like they had some sort of voice filter on it to sound like that.

I wonder why they didnt just go and get the same english VA who did Urien in 3S.

His Japanese VA in SFV is probably going to sound similar to Second impact with the weird engrish.
Urien's old VA supposedly moved on to live-action acting, thus making him a unionized voice actor (Capcom typically avoids unionized VAs).

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Stocking up on FM ahead of the content drop?

I'll be honest, it's more for the colors themselves than the FM. Though the FM will help. I've seen you mention the mod, but I've never has some time to look it up and try it. Thank the gods this exists. \o/

I'll be honest, it's more for the colors themselves than the FM. Though the FM will help. I've seen you mention the mod, but I've never has some time to look it up and try it. Thank the gods this exists. \o/

I try to use it offline in case they timestamp FM unlocks, lol. You still get the colors but no FM.

Xeteh

I already bought SFV + season pass on PS4 but if I could justify re-buying it on PC I would have a while back for that mod. Basically stuck at having completed normal for most characters and I can't beat Hard.

I try to use it offline in case they timestamp FM unlocks, lol. You still get the colors but no FM.

I feel like we would have heard something about that if Capcom was taking away people's FM unlocks but who knows. Being safe doesn't hurt.

Coda

Do the story mode/easy survival for Alex and Guile. They'll have to be purchased with FM when the update hits so best take advantage of it while you can.

Easy survival is fairly easy for every character. Medium is a bit of a grind but still doable as long as you spend your points well for those last stages for buffs.

Do the trials and demonstrations in challenge mode.

Cinematic Story Mode will give 30k FM for the regular version. There will be an extra difficulty mode that unlocks after you complete it with the default difficulty. The extra difficult one gives 50k FM. So that's 80K FM from the cinematic story mode.

Just generally levelling up a character will also give FM.. Levelling up a character gives 1000FM each.

Thanks! I can't seem to find the extra Story difficulty mode. Is that coming with the update?

Thanks! I can't seem to find the extra Story difficulty mode. Is that coming with the update?

That story difficulty is for the cinematic story mode that's coming with the update, not the story mode that's already in the game. A bit confusing, I know. They should really have called it "prequel mode" or something.

Shadoken

Urien's old VA supposedly moved on to live-action acting, thus making him a unionized voice actor (Capcom typically avoids unionized VAs).

What does that mean? Is he too expensive now?

Also doesnt SF use some really expensive VAs for their Japanese cast?

vg260

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .. Guess am the only guy who loved his 3S voice. It was really unique , it looked like they had some sort of voice filter on it to sound like that.

I think reacquiring voice actors, especially from an old game is not an easy task. Is the same actor currently still working?

Jesus Christ, SF5 over the weekend then Furi releases on July 5th. Btw, go check that game out if you liked the Jetstream Sam fight from Metal Gear Rising or the Dante vs Vergil fight from DMC3. The game is essentially a big boss-a-thon.

This summer is gonna be so much fun!!

lupinko

People saying Urien sounds weird...have we heard his JP voice?

He never had an English actor.

What are you talking about, Urien's actor in 3S (and CFJ since that game was mugen), was Lawrence Bayne, who is also known for voicing Cable in both the 90s Fox X-Men cartoon and in Marvel vs Capcom 2.

He also voiced Gill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom