• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I try to use it offline in case they timestamp FM unlocks, lol. You still get the colors but no FM.

At this point, I don't think they could afford to lose the SFV PC players they have. =P

Edit: LOL I say that and now I can't log into game server.

Shadoken

What are you talking about, Urien's actor in 3S (and CFJ since that game was mugen), was Lawrence Bayne, who is also known for voicing Cable in both the 90s Fox X-Men cartoon and in Marvel vs Capcom 2.

He also voiced Gill.

Yo damn .... I love this Dudes VAs. Shame he isnt coming back :(

JayEH

What does that mean? Is he too expensive now?

Also doesnt SF use some really expensive VAs for their Japanese cast?

Union actors have a set pay rate and regulations regarding work conditions. A lot of games will go non union to avoid that. The Japanese voice acting industry is different so I can't really comment on that.

Going to wait for confirmation from Capcom before getting excited.
Yeah...once dailies are in...I should finally be able to hit 1 million and then I can spend my FM.
So far, I'm just gonna get stages and Juri...

I don't think dailies are in though. Capcom last updated with coming soon and they are now called "targets"

Would wait to hear it from them first.

Durden77

Holy crap, so there's even MORE to this update?

Well done Capcom. Well done. This is how you get this game back on the path it deserves. This update will be massive. If they keep the communication high, eventually this game's hard times will be a thing of the past, and it can be recognized for the incredible fighting game that it is and grow into a monster.

Mediking

Everything can be unlocked ingame except premium costumes

Premium Costumes will cost money.

Stages, Stage Variations, and Characters can be earned with FM

I don't think the Karin costume can be obtained through FM so it may cost money as well.

The season pass people will get the characters for free.

Shit that's FREE:

Story Mode
Matchmaking Fix
There MIGHT be dailies also in the update but there hasn't been any mention of it officially by Capcom, just reporting by some news sites. So Juri's still out on that.

Shit that can be bought with FM/Real money:

Ibuki
Balrog
3 alternative stages
2 new stages (maybe balrog's stage is free? Doubt it)

Shit that can ONLY be bought with Real Money:

All the premium costumes that have already been leaked.
Ibuki and Balrog premium costumes (which you already have if you got the season pass)
Karin's God-Tier new premium costume.

Thanks for the information!!! Hopefully the stages are super cheap...

Thanks for the information!!! Hopefully the stages are super cheap...
xhjngAq.jpg

The OP should really be updated with the DLC pricing as well as pertinent information when DLC characters drop. Not really THAT big of a deal all things considered, but would be nice to have should any newcomers want to check this game out.
Nevermind, luce got it. I thought FANG was supposed to be #2.
MyV8cLw.png

Did you not hear the good news? I've embraced the holy Gospel of the Soda Can and Banana Peel
[Birdie]

Xeteh

The OP should really be updated with the DLC pricing as well as pertinent information when DLC character drops. Not really THAT big of a deal all things considered, but would be nice to have should any newcomers want to check this game out.
MyV8cLw.png

Did you not hear the good news? I've embraced the holy Gospel of the Soda Can and Banana Peel
[Birdie]

Oh, I didn't know you were a terrible person. Shame.

FluxWaveZ

I'm
half
joking. I hate fighting against Birdie.

It's not a joke for me. Alex, Birdie and Zangief are titans to fight against as Mika. Their normals are freakishly long and it's consistently and surprisingly difficult for Mika to approach them. Makes for interesting fights.

I'm just glad this is coming out, so they can now focus on a lot of the visual issues the game has, arcade mode, and other complaints that were probably on the backburner because they were working on all this.

Honestly,I think some huge changes are coming in the alleged end of the year patch/ season 2 start patch. Its obvious some engine optimization has occurred (Seems both Guile & Balrog's stage have 60fps backgrounds) and we should be seeing some of those optimizations being rolled in once this year's CPT season is over. I'm also expecting a sort of announcement of 'Super SFV' to occur at the end of the year as well, which will follow the DLC route for owners of the original SFV.

It honestly seems like they have more devs working on the game now than they did during primary development, and Capcom JP is way more invested in righting the ship. I look forward to seeing what the game is going to look like come its 1 year anniversary.

Ok, it's season pass time.

True to form, it looks like getting hit by Balrog once leads to a shitload of damage. His face looks great, too.

There is a gif of Mike Ross playing as Balrog at E3 in the story mode. He hit the opposing NPC with a special, and I swear it did about 10-15% damage, easy. He's gonna be a monster.

vg260

Honestly,I think some huge changes are coming in the alleged end of the year patch/ season 2 start patch. Its obvious some engine optimization has occurred (Seems both Guile & Balrog's stage have 60fps backgrounds) and we should be seeing some of those optimizations being rolled in once this year's CPT season is over.

Wasn't there a rumor of some of the stages being outsourced?

Maybe the non-DLC ones done internally were really poorly optimized or used up too many resources. In any case, I hope they revisit them, because there's a big quality difference.

Skilletor

There is a gif of Mike Ross playing as Balrog at E3 in the story mode. He hit the opposing NPC with a special, and I swear it did about 10-15% damage, easy. He's gonna be a monster.

Those were just grunts in the story mode. Probably have less life than a normal character. also only had one bar of vtrigger.

I'm sure he's going to be a monster, but I wouldn't base it off of that video.

lupinko

Maybe the non-DLC ones done internally were really poorly optimized or used up too many resources. In any case, I hope they revisit them, because there's a big quality difference.

A lot of SFV was outsourced (programming - Dimps, netcode - some Chinese company or whatever, character models - Canadian freelancers).

Considering how many of the stages seem to have both transitions that are shown in story mode that aren't featured in the main game + alternate modes that weren't available at launch, its easy to see both just how kneecapped the original launch was, and that they were still setting up their proper internal development pipeline for the game early this year. Don't forget - Capcom put up a hiring advert for SFV in December at the height of CPT - 2 months before the game was supposed to launch.

On the one hand, it sucks that we got such a ridiculous launch product. But it does seem they are FINALLY getting into a position to both make good & exceed on the promises they made with this game and then some. Its really easy to feel really positive about SFV right now considering just how out of the park the content that is meant to launch on Friday is shaping up.

Pompadour

Honestly,I think some huge changes are coming in the alleged end of the year patch/ season 2 start patch. Its obvious some engine optimization has occurred (Seems both Guile & Balrog's stage have 60fps backgrounds) and we should be seeing some of those optimizations being rolled in once this year's CPT season is over. I'm also expecting a sort of announcement of 'Super SFV' to occur at the end of the year as well, which will follow the DLC route for owners of the original SFV.

It honestly seems like they have more devs working on the game now than they did during primary development, and Capcom JP is way more invested in righting the ship. I look forward to seeing what the game is going to look like come its 1 year anniversary.

I believe the original stages were designed to expand so maybe that's why some background elements run at 30 fps. The new ones clearly weren't.

Those were just grunts in the story mode. Probably have less life than a normal character. also only had one bar of vtrigger.

I'm sure he's going to be a monster, but I wouldn't base it off of that video.

Yeah, thats what i'm thinking as well. Its weird too - Combofiend said in an interview Balrog is a low-hit combo character, but his trailer has several multi-hit combos in them. He was right in saying that Balrog's moves have some of the hardest looking impacts in the game. He honestly looks like he is destroying M.Bison in that video. Love the job they did on Balrog. Excited to see how awesome Urien looks now.

Neoxon

I do think that Capcom will release a new disc with all of this year's DLC, but I doubt they'll give it the Super/Ultra/Ultimate name to avoid confusion (Capcom wouldn't want to make people think that they went back on their word). Something like "2016 Collection", "Wave 1 Collection", or "Season 1 Collection" would better get the point across that this is just the original game with all of the DLC that came out over the course of 2016.

I believe the original stages were designed to expand so maybe that's why some background elements run at 30 fps. The new ones clearly weren't.

I don't think stage backgrounds running at a lower FPS is going to be impacted at all by there being stage transitions present. You'd just be loading those assets into memory during the load time. The new stages have several more assets (characters that both move & animate) in comparison to the 30 fps stages we got at launch. Compare the guile stage or the balrog stage to the Forgotten Waterfall or the London stage, and its easy to see that asset loaded in don't really have an impact on background performance.

If I had to take a guess, they weren't sure what impact backgrounds would have on the gameplay layer's FPS, and kept it at 30fps just in case. They probably found some optimization while building these new stages these last few months & have adjusted accordingly. Rolling those changes into the old stages is a bit risky though, and they probably would want to wait until after the CPT to implement it, since those older stages are tournament stages.

vg260

I do think that Capcom will release a new disc with all of this year's DLC, but I doubt they'll give it the Super/Ultra/Ultimate name to avoid confusion. Something like "2016 Collection", "Wave 1 Collection", or "Season 1 Collection" would better get the point across that this is just the original game with all of the DLC that came out over the course of 2016.

Totally. "Season 1" works. I think I do recall them saying specially it would always be called "Street Fighter V" even if they did a major system update. They should avoid the term "Super" at all costs.

I do think that Capcom will release a new disc with all of this year's DLC, but I doubt they'll give it the Super/Ultra/Ultimate name to avoid confusion. Something like "2016 Collection", "Wave 1 Collection", or "Season 1 Collection" would better get the point across that this is just the original game with all of the DLC that came out over the course of 2016.

Could be, but I think one of the things they should do is get people invested in the new wave of content (year 2 content) when they purchase into that pass. For example, when you bought Ultra, the game made you both current & gave you new content. I could totally see them rolling all of the year 1 dlc in to the base game at a $40 price point, then releasing a $60 year 2 price point that gives them all of the year 2 characters as well (none of their premium assets though, ofc). Meanwhile, year 1 players will have a year 2 season pass option at $20-30 that allows them to pre-buy all those assets early without having to pay $60.

So glad I have the season pass, spending all my fight money on stages it seems.

Jesus Christ, SF5 over the weekend then Furi releases on July 5th. Btw, go check that game out if you liked the Jetstream Sam fight from Metal Gear Rising or the Dante vs Vergil fight from DMC3. The game is essentially a big boss-a-thon.

This summer is gonna be so much fun!!

Don't really see the mgr comparison, but that game looks like a lot of fun and wow at the dynamic soundtrack; might have to pick this up.

Mizerman

I do think that Capcom will release a new disc with all of this year's DLC, but I doubt they'll give it the Super/Ultra/Ultimate name to avoid confusion (Capcom wouldn't want to make people think that they went back on their word). Something like "2016 Collection", "Wave 1 Collection", or "Season 1 Collection" would better get the point across that this is just the original game with all of the DLC that came out over the course of 2016.

Yeah, they probably will be avoiding the usage of "Super" and whatnot and just brand as a season brand.

Shadoken

Urien sounds like Faceless Void from Dota2 lol , I wonder if its the same VA.

On another note , when Urien rips off his clothes and then go into his "Metal" form?
tumblr_n4ame8puM61qhndw9o1_500.gif

He has blonde hair in his Regular human form , but it looks like Capcom isnt going to be doing this with him. He seems to just start off in his Metal form (White hair) , but skin tone seems like the regular Human version. Unless his V-trigger does something.

Xeteh

A ton of people seemed to think Capcom saying if you buy SFV at release you'll never have to buy another disc to mean that they're never going to re-release the game with more content. I have no doubt they'll do it, it makes a lot of sense to if they want to put this game in more players' hands.

HardRojo

Re-releasing the game with all or the important content from year 1 when the game is finally "complete", as people like to mention, is the best thing they can do in order to regain trust and momentum, all of that coupled with an aggressive marketing campaign and I'm sure they'll be back in business. They need to keep the momentum from this update going.

Urien sounds like Faceless Void from Dota2 lol , I wonder if its the same VA.

On another note , when Urien rips off his clothes and then go into his "Metal" form?
tumblr_n4ame8puM61qhndw9o1_500.gif

He has blonde hair in his Regular human form , but it looks like Capcom isnt going to be doing this with him. He seems to just start off in his Metal form (White hair) , but skin tone seems like the regular Human version. Unless his V-trigger does something.

?

His skin tone looks the same as his metal form. He's gray when he has the suit on in 3s, and he's tan in sfv.

Shadoken

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";208498882]?

His skin tone looks the same as his metal form. He's gray when he has the suit on in 3s, and he's tan in sfv.[/QUOTE]

Hmm maybe ur right. Fking BS tho , that transformation should have been his intro with the "Get ready to Die" line. Why would they take it out :(

Edzi

Weird considering they said earlier that they'd need to be released over a month before evo.

Hyped as I am to play them, wish their legality wasn't the case.

I can see how there might be problems, but characters are so simple in SFV that I think two weeks should be enough time for pros to mostly figure them out.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Maybe V Skill?

Maybe his v skill causes a juggle state or tacks on an extra juggle hit point. Or maybe its something underwhelming like his universal overhead. Although I'd take it if it means you get to combo out of it. I'm also willing to bet banana hammock is probably a story alt.

Hmm maybe ur right. Fking BS tho , that transformation should have been his intro with the "Get ready to Die" line. Why would they take it out :(

If he does indeed do that and say that for v-trigger, it'd be fine. Tho unlike the lot of ya'll, I'm not pressed to see a guy in nothing but a thong, animated or whatever, no matter how iconic it is to said person's design. If it's there, fine. If not, I ain't one to bitch on it for sure. Suit explosion v-trigger would be pretty ill tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom