• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raitaro

Twas only the best mechanic in the game, after all!!
I think that's the Hulk Hogan equivalent of the SF Universe. Hugo is supposed to be Andre the Giant so naturally, there'd be a Hulk Hogan equivalent.

I always interpreted Alex as a young Hulk Hogan-esque rival to Hugo personally, but I guess there's room for a more direct representation as well. What is he called, did anyone translate?

^^^
Or Alex's dad indeed..........hmmm.....

So is IGN bound by anything as to why they can't show more footage of Jurien? I was hoping for more than 1 second glimpses.

Well, it's coming out in like 13 hours and 30 minutes so I'd imagine Capcom wouldn't like to them to just "blow their load" so to speak.

There might still be some surprises and stuff in the story mode that they don't want spoiled (Which I am ALL FOR).

I long for the day where we can have a SFV thread on Gaming that doesn't have 20 shitty hit-n-run drive-by posts.

Even if Capcom made the game have the most content in any fighting game ever by this time next year, people would STILL be bitching about how it wasn't good at launch.

Scotia

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;208783369 said:
that day will never come. there are people with legitimate complaints and there are people who are determined to complain about something regarding this game that will keep popping up in threads for it.

I'm fine with legitimate complaints, that's only fair, but the 'LOL SFV' guy is just one of many who probably dropped the game months ago (if they ever got it in the first place) and just come into random SFV threads just to say how shit the game is. That's the shit I can't stand.

Even if Capcom made the game have the most content in any fighting game ever by this time next year, people would STILL be bitching about how it wasn't good at launch.

Ultimately though, this is the truth.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
『Inaba Resident』;208782034 said:
Maybe he builds meter so he can use Aegis consistently.

If aegis is super then his v skill could enhance his specials so he can get better combos. I hope that isn't the case but it sounds just like something that capcom logic would go with.

Are the new characters included in the story mode download?
I'd imagine so but we can't know for sure till the update hits. They are part of the story so it is logical that they would be.

Ibuki and Balrog will be fully playable as characters with the update while Juri and Urien will only be playable in the story mode with their full release coming over the next 2 months.

I'm fine with legitimate complaints, that's only fair, but the 'LOL SFV' guy is just one of many who probably dropped the game months ago (if they ever got it in the first place) and just come into random SFV threads just to say how shit the game is. That's the shit I can't stand.

That's pretty much where I'm at. There are certain posters who just seem dead set on being upset and negative regarding this game no matter what.

If aegis is super then his v skill could enhance his specials so he can get better combos. I hope that isn't the case but it sounds just like something that capcom logic would go with.

I was thinking it would build v-meter and Tyrant Slaughter would be his super

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
『Inaba Resident』;208784794 said:
I was thinking it would build v-meter and Tyrant Slaughter would be his super

If he had to manually build V bar with v skill that would be interesting.

SSReborn

So in here story costume she isn't wearing the ninja mask so I guess her win screen is gonna be slightly different? I hope they didn't lazy way it.

Moaradin

So in here story costume she isn't wearing the ninja mask so I guess her win screen is gonna be slightly different? I hope they didn't lazy way it.

I doubt they'll change her win screen just for one costume. SF4 had weird stuff like that with the costumes as well.

All right guys, I'm going to bed now. Hopefully I'l wake up before the story mode has hit.

Please try to tag any spoilers that might get leaked beforehand if you guys don't mind.

I don't know why but I'd like to go into this story mode as clean as possible.

Durden77

All right guys, I'm going to bed now. Hopefully I'l wake up before the story mode has hit.

Please try to tag any spoilers that might get leaked beforehand if you guys don't mind.

I don't know why but I'd like to go into this story mode as clean as possible.

I'm doing the same. Have watched pretty much nothing from story mode. Looking forward to it an oddly high amount.

Coda

Do we have an official time of when the update is live? I'm on the East Coast so if it launches at midnight I'm totally playing then.

MrCarter

0mJf0S1.jpg

She is insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom