• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattp

played for the first time in a couple months, spent last night trying to do a bunch of alex/guile's stuff for the free fight money before they get locked and man, survival mode. somehow even worse than i remember. its not fucking worth it, man. i dont need the fight money that badly
im just gonna finish up guile's combo trials and be done.

KAL2006

Banned
I've been too busy moving house to keep up with this thread to check if anyone else mentioned this, but what if that latest Ono teaser pic is not actually for Sagat but for Heihachi instead? (I mentioned this in the Balrog thread as well but that one seems to have quieted down.)

This would make sense for a number of reasons:
- Heichachi is the counterpoint to Akuma in Tekken 7 so far in terms of promotional materials;
- Akuma in Tekken 7 would open the door for Heihachi in SFV;
- Heihachi wears a Tiger emblem of course;
- SFV currently is lacking the traditional old man trope character like Gen or Gouken (unless you count the now bearded Dhalsim), so maybe they saved this slot for Heihachi?
- Ono might be trying to get back into his patented misleading tease game and this one would make sense.

Just a thought.

How's the story mode by the way? I'll have to wait until we get our new place ready to join the fun unfortunately... Edit: oh so it's not playable yet. Guess we'll have to wait together then.

I can get behind this theory. It's too soon to tease Season 2 characters. But a special Guest character coming out this year before Season 2 would makesense to me. Perhaps Capcom can mix it up and give HHeihachi the Devil Gene when V Triggered.

KAL2006

Banned
30,000 FM the first time and another 50,000 FM if you clear it on the second difficulty setting.

Wow that's alot of fight money. I have the Season pass. I'm running low on fight money at the moment only have 5000. I may now be able to afford more story costumes.

Man you just rub that in our face everytime :(

Still though, I paid 90$ total for the game and the season pass and besides the stupid battle lounge issues in the earlier months which didn't let me play with my friends, I don't regret this purchase at all. I know I'm gonna be playing this game for the duration of it's life.

I got the game for free and bought the season pass for 20.

:]

lupinko

I can get behind this theory. It's too soon to tease Season 2 characters. But a special Guest character coming out this year before Season 2 would makesense to me. Perhaps Capcom can mix it up and give HHeihachi the Devil Gene when V Triggered.

Heihachi doesn't have the devil gene and that would probably annoy Namco. You might as well just include Kazumi, Kazuya or Jin then, actual characters with you know, the devil gene.

Also with Ono's tease of a tiger, remember who else throws tigers.

Heihachi doesn't have the devil gene and that would probably annoy Namco. You might as well just include Kazumi, Kazuya or Jin then, actual characters with you know, the devil gene.

Also with Ono's tease of a tiger, remember who else throws tigers.

now that's a tiger uppercut

WideSelfishGreatdane.gif

They have models for Tiffany and Hinata in the new beach stage, are they confirmed too?

If you look at the blue haired doll on shadaloo base, her model has much less definition than the one shown in this trailer, same with shibazaki.
Unless tiffany and hinata get better models they have much less chance than anyone else who does.

so no ;P.

Skilletor

It would be pretty dumb to use a Cammy clone for S2 when there are so many other unique characters they could use.

If you look at the blue haired doll on shadaloo base, her model has much less definition than the one shown in this trailer, same with shibazaki.
Unless tiffany and hinata get better models they have much less chance than anyone else who does.

so no ;P.

Probably because it's just Cammy with a mask on. They don't need a different model for Decapre.

SSReborn

Oh ok. When I think of that game, I only think of Omar Kendall.
Honestly it seemed like they only hired him to get a "name" attached to the game he came on way to late to actually have a significant effect on its design. Anyways on-topic the story mode looks like it could be pretty entertaining.

It would be pretty dumb to use a Cammy clone for S2 when there are so many other unique characters they could use.

Yet people want evil ryu and akuma, so unique and interesting to have 2 more shotos.
At least Decapre has a completely unique moveset.

Probably because it's just Cammy with a mask on. They don't need a different model for Decapre.

Different hat, more hair, different gloves, different boots, different clothing, mask.
These are all elements that need to be modeled, sculpted, baked, textured and rigged. It's more than enough work to just reduce it to "cammy with a mask".

Skilletor

Yet people want evil ryu and akuma, so unique and interesting to have 2 more shotos.
At least Decapre has a completely unique moveset.

Different hat, more hair, different gloves, different boots, different clothing, mask.
These are all elements that need to be modeled, sculpted, baked, textured and rigged. It's more than enough work to just reduce it to "cammy with a mask".

Don't know why you're conflating my argument with what other people may have said. /shrug

And yeah, cammy with a mask. All of that sounds like something you could give Cammy for an alternate outfit.

Nothing is confirmed yet by any means. People need to chill or they will get their hopes dashed on the rocks like a fine dust.

Edit: I guess the story mode will change around the tiers quite a bit. But even if Balrog is throwing his matches, he's still pretty low mid-tier.

Xeteh

How can the story mode be bad when Juri and Cammy go in bike rides together?!

There are way more new assets in there than I was expecting.

Story mode looks like what I expected. Super cheesy and I couldn't ask for anything more. Seems to be entertaining.

Also, can't wait for the Helen mod that puts her over Cammy

As cringeworthy as it might be IGN did a drunken "preview" (seriously I don't know how people get paid for this) of the story mode. You can see some gamplay of Urien and Juri - They both have three bar V-Triggers.

https://youtu.be/Ht73bpY_pGc

3 bars of V-Trigger to fill up. Either its like Ibuki's where he can do 2 Aegis or its the suit busting off for a perm v-trigger like Necalli. I'm betting on Aegis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom