• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Here's the countdown for the release of the Cinematic Story Mode, Ibuki, Balrog, the Paid DLC Store, & everything else coming in the new update.

t1467356400z4.png

Don't know why you're conflating my argument with what other people may have said. /shrug

And yeah, cammy with a mask. All of that sounds like something you could give Cammy for an alternate outfit.

I'm not conflating anything, that wasn't directed at you specifically, just the whole "cammy clone" argument is worthless when characters that are closer to being actual clones are popular.

When talking about humanoids, base models are often fairly simple (aside from the face for rigging) because most of it will be covered up or deleted when clothed. A lot of the work for an actual character goes into the clothing/detailing, especially in a game like SF5 that doesn't have photoreal humans.

Even if cammy could wear it as an alternate outfit, by no means would it be easier to create than the base model itself.

Honestly it seemed like they only hired him to get a "name" attached to the game he came on way to late to actually have a significant effect on its design. Anyways on-topic the story mode looks like it could be pretty entertaining.

He seemed to have been the Face/Spokesman of the game. I found that almost surprising (pleasantly so for me tho) considering that he was black and that just seems rare in the industry. I almost slightly wondered if that could be used as a scapegoat on the game failing. Similarly enough, I wonder if the same was the situation with Jade Raymond and the first Assassin's Creed. I haven't kept up with anything she been involved with since, but I def. don't recall seeing her on any of the subsequent AC games promotion or otherwise.

Convos for another boatride tho.

Edzi

It's a small thing, but based on the story footage it looks like Juri's fingernail paint is black like it looked in the trailer and not pink like it was in the artwork. I've always thought the pink looked kinda meh, so I'm now even more pleased with her design.

Raitaro

now that's a tiger uppercut

WideSelfishGreatdane.gif

Holy hell - I had completely forgotten about this character's existence! You might be right that it's her instead of Heihachi (although I do still think he would be the most suitable counter to Akuma being in Tekken 7 in terms of popularity, canonical power and the promotional materials seen for that game so far).

Any other doll would be better...

Yeah...I think I agree with this. Nothing against Decapre in terms of fighting abilities but visually I'd call her the most boring Doll simply because she looks closest to Cammy (who I could have done without as well in a game with two other powerful blonde women from a visual standpoint honestly).

Edit: regarding that IGN Urien footage above: doesn't he look too short / small of stature compared to (I suppose medium height) Nash? In SFIII Urien was big enough to be introduced together with Hugo under the slogan "Giant Attack" so I'd say he's supposed to be quite tall, no? Maybe it's a perspective / hunched over pose scenario though - it's difficult to tell from that clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom