• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

LakeEarth

I'm now officially part of the "Ryu is Bullshit Club."

I joined that club just as soon as someone got me in the corner, and beat me with:

sweep (blocked) -> v-trigger cancel -> super (blocked, breaks guard) -> into a combo, in total doing about 20% damage. I realize it used every piece of resource he had, and I could've v-reversal'd if I didn't already spent it, but still.

Steroyd

I'm now officially part of the "Ryu is Bullshit Club."

My Mika doesn't stand a chance. As soon as I'm almost a super bronze, a Ryu shows up and ruins it all.

Fuck me.

I had the best come backs fighting a Nash recently though. I might post a video of it so you can all judge me.

Patience Padawan.

Like Gief you need to use the whole 99 seconds, I was doing well against a solid Ryu until my Cammy-isms kicked in and wanted to get in ASAP then got wrecked, might try to use Gief seriously to learn patience, I just do not have the mental fortitude when the situation resets to neutral.

Only thing I'd get rid is Ryu's and Necali's anti air jab they've got invincible DP's and it's just too much especially if they can munch away some big combo's from one.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I joined that club just as soon as someone got me in the corner, and beat me with:

sweep (blocked) -> v-trigger cancel -> super (blocked, breaks guard) -> into a combo, in total doing about 20% damage. I realize it used every piece of resource he had, and I could've v-reversal'd if I didn't already spent it, but still.
Yep. It's crazy how Ryu has the only CA in the game that can't be punished on block and breaks guard at the same time.

Like he needed that as well.

downtime already? oh well, more time for kof.

i don't have much patience in this game. if people block all the time i'll probably get myself killed in the long run.

Exr

So how are we feeling about mirrors in this game? Personally I fucking hate Balrog mirrors but that was only fun in SF2.

So how are we feeling about mirrors in this game? Personally I fucking hate Balrog mirrors but that was only fun in SF2.

Playing the Laura mirror for me is lose to shit I see coming but don't react to AND lose using shit my opponent sees coming from a mile away and punishes.

I'm too old for this shit.

- J - D -

I am powerless against a smart, aggressive Nash.

I love getting wrecked by better Ibuki's. I'm learning stuff from it. It so rarely happens that I get matched with another ibuki that it's kind of a treat.

I find a Karin mirror really awkward. I rarely use Ressenha at all, it's barely part of my game. Yet I see it coming at me all the time and quite often I fail to react.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
You can punish Ryu's CA if he's close enough
Talking about the V-Triggered version.

I find a Karin mirror really awkward. I rarely use Ressenha at all, it's barely part of my game. Yet I see it coming at me all the time and quite often I fail to react.
Haha, yeah. I don't really use it outside of combos, against fireballs and corner resets but most Karins I've played love to do it.

I like them cause it either let's me learn from someone better or teach someone something, but in general I get nervous playing the Gief mirror.
Have you seen that light SPD range? Its crazy :)

Steroyd

It's all fun and games until I face a Cammy that does the exact same things I do but faster, goddamn did I get destroyed.

I Need to learn how to confirm from light attacks, I'm leaving damage and knockdowns on the the goddamn table.

Durden77

I actually find the Guile mirror to be more fun than previous games thanks to his v-skill. It's still awkward though.

I actually find the Guile mirror to be more fun than previous games thanks to his v-skill. It's still awkward though.

Agreed, although the awkwardness can be kinda fun too. The amount of bluffing and shenanigans that happen because of his V-Skill and V-Trigger make this easily the best version of the mirror.

Korezo

Damn haven't had time to play in a long time and when I do the server is down...

And I don't know why but the game doesn't feel smooth eventhough fraps is stating 59 fps at all times.

Shadoken

e1kyGGs.png

No wonder why this move is bullshit. It doesn't get a hurt/hitbox later in it's active frame.

What do you mean it doesn't get a hurtbox? Isn't that Green box the hurt box?

I think shoto and Nash mirrors are fun to play/watch most of the time. I would have to look at the cast list and think about it more.

Whenever I run into another Alex, it does feel a tab weird. I need to play that match more though.

molnizzle

Servers are back up

Ha, they cracked down on the 1-round survival mod. I now have 0 FM. Looks like I get to keep all the characters though.

Damn, not sure how I'll go from 0 to 100k in time for Urien! I wonder if the survivals I 1-rounded will still award it for legit completion...

Happened to me too, I'm back down to 400k FM. I guess they factored in the money I spent on stages and other things as well. I got to keep all the colors, so all good.

They took away FM from me, but not a lot, i didn't abuse it just used on on 3-4 character and that is the FM missing, yet i know someone who abused the fuck out of it and he just told me didn't lose FM....lol lol lol they can't even do this shit right...

Ha, they cracked down on the 1-round survival mod. I now have 0 FM. Looks like I get to keep all the characters though.

Damn, not sure how I'll go from 0 to 100k in time for Urien! I wonder if the survivals I 1-rounded will still award it for legit completion...

Happened to me too, I'm back down to 400k FM. I guess they factored in the money I spent on stages and other things as well. I got to keep all the colors, so all good.

tumblr_nk84iumuJY1s5l7axo1_500.gif

molnizzle

I did every level of survival with every character. I bought every DLC character and stage with FM and still get to keep them, makes sense that they'd knock me back down to 0.

Korezo

This is running like crap on my pc, it says its 59fps but it really isn't. I can see and feel that it isn't. Anyone had this problem? 1st time I play in a long while. 980ti, 2600k.

remz

This is running like crap on my pc, it says its 59fps but it really isn't. I can see and feel that it isn't. Anyone had this problem? 1st time I play in a long while. 980ti, 2600k.

What res are you playing at? I had a weird issue at 1440p on a samsung 4ktv and I had to turn on ultraHD color or some shit to get it displaying at 60hz

Korezo

What res are you playing at? I had a weird issue at 1440p on a samsung 4ktv and I had to turn on ultraHD color or some shit to get it displaying at 60hz

I lowered it to 1080p, but still didn't help. The game is only doing 59fps, I don't know why its not at 60. I just tried MKXL beta and USF4 and they both run perfect at 60fps. SFV is capping at 58-59 fps, thats why it feels like crap.

I see some people are reporting that they got their legit FM removed?
Ofcourse take it with a grain of salt

Can't really complain about it if you cheat. That's the risk you take.
Yeah, how did you get to keep yours though? Did you space out your usage?

I lowered it to 1080p, but still didn't help. The game is only doing 59fps, I don't know why its not at 60. I just tried MKXL beta and USF4 and they both run perfect at 60fps. SFV is capping at 58-59 fps, thats why it feels like crap.

There's no thing as 60hz though, it's rounded up or down from 59.x or 60.x, it could simply be SF4 reporting it as 60fps/hz and sf5 reporting it as 59fps/hz

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I see some people are reporting that they got their legit FM removed?

Ofcourse take it with a grain of salt

Yeah, how did you get to keep yours though? Did you space out your usage?

There's no thing as 60hz though, it's rounded up or down from 59.x or 60.x, it could simply be SF4 reporting it as 60fps/hz and sf5 reporting it as 59fps/hz

l5LU56R.png

LMAO

All that confidence back then...where is it now?
Its the overwatch bans all over again.

Top Bottom