• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Kashiwaba

Somehow got top 32 in winners in my qualifier even though I haven't touched this game in months lol. I'm playing so sloppy.

I'm gonna get bopped so hard in my next match.

edit: Next match was against Damdai and I indeed lost. Kinda sucks though cause my game was getting fps drops in the final round :(
I lost in the second round of my pool lol and first round of losers bracket apparently i still suck 😂.

So Rashid going yolo on Nash with normals and that pinwheel arm move over and over.

What can Nash do to counter this? Seems like everything beats Nash's normals, but what else is new, right?

Tripon

Good, we got a weekly Gaming side complain about SFV quota to hit, and its getting overshadowed by No Man's Fuckery right now. Time to make that comeback!

it has been awfully fucking quiet on SFV threads for a while now.

I honestly think No Man's Sky jacked the crowd that used to shitpost about SFV. It would take some large capcom fuckery to bring back the attention at this point

If you guys want an talk about a SFV article, you can just post one, all of you should have thread posting privileges...

I love nothing more than seeing Mika get her ass beat (sorry Flux) even if it is by scumbag Laura (sorry Count).

agree-nod.gif

Big Brett

Haven't been here in a while sup guys. Been working hard on leveling up. Lost Red Bull quickly tonight. Frustratingly enough I had to face a laggy FANG but I guess that's how online tourneys work, eh?

Forgive my naivety but is the back jump option select worth learning? It's something that's popped up occasionally online but I don't know much about it. I watched a video or two on youtube but not sure I really understand it. Can anyone break it down into layman for a amatuer Karin main? I'd appreciate any help.

Forgive my naivety but is the back jump option select worth learning? It's something that's popped up occasionally online but I don't know much about it. I watched a video or two on youtube but not sure I really understand it. Can anyone break it down into layman for a amatuer Karin main? I'd appreciate any help.
Yea it's definitely worth learning. How to do it basically is to wait a few frames while blocking then input up back + throw tech. You should be able to jump away from a shimmy, tech a throw late into it's tech window or just avoid the whole situation by jumping back

or something like that

ShinMaruku

I honestly think No Man's Sky jacked the crowd that used to shitpost about SFV. It would take some large capcom fuckery to bring back the attention at this point
Which is good because the shit posters were bellends and actual discussion would be nice.

@Wreck

Yea it's definitely worth learning. How to do it basically is to wait a few frames while blocking then input up back + throw tech. You should be able to jump away from a shimmy, tech a throw late into it's active frames or just avoid the whole situation by jumping back

or something like that

very good explanation i'll try this next time i'm online

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The hurtbox is in the image you posted. If you mean the leg then yeah, that usually lingers after the move was active

Sigmaah

yea its basically the closest thing he has to a wakeup DP lmao

And this shit can still get stuffed by a meaty, Fml why do I gotta play a fair and honest character.

I can't wait till this game adds akuma but I really hope makoto comes in. God I love the way she plays.

Gonna be jumping on that Urien train next month. Hopefully this dude fun af to play

molnizzle

ok, is there a comprehensive list of all the moves that you can't block? Really frustrating as a bronze level player who only ever gets matched against Ryu and Ken to come across a Laura and lose a set because her CA is unblockable. -_-

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
ok, is there a comprehensive list of all the moves that you can't block? Really frustrating as a bronze level player who only ever gets matched against Ryu and Ken to come across a Laura and lose a set because her CA is unblockable. -_-
Not sure if there's a list, but it's not that many.

Command grab CAs:
- Laura - you can just jump out if they do it raw
- Mika - you can just jump out if they do it raw
- Zangief - you can't jump out

Characters with regular command grabs:
- Alex
- Birdie
- Laura
- Necalli
- R. Mika
- Vega
- Zangief

molnizzle

So I was trying to learn Nash but man, I just really enjoy playing Ken. I need to learn the scrub tactics though, I couldn't believe the bullshit the Kens were getting away with during this week's Excellent Adventures. Motherfuckers doing absolute nonsense in Gold rank! I need to crack that nut...

Not sure if there's a list, but it's not that many.

Command grab CAs:
- Laura - you can just jump out if they do it raw
- Mika - you can just jump out if they do it raw
- Zangief - you can't jump out

Characters with regular command grabs:
- Alex
- Birdie
- Laura
- Necalli
- R. Mika
- Vega
- Zangief

Thanks. Didn't know about Necalli, Vega and Mika CA. With Gief CA not being able to jump out, is there any way to counter it? Or just stay the fuck away from Gief if he has 3 stocks of meter?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Random question: is there any reason not to go for backthrow to finish a round, since most of them do more damage? I have seen so many top players go for neutral/forward throw and leaving the opponent with a pixel of life left where a backthrow would have killed. I just don't get it.

Thanks. Didn't know about Necalli, Vega and Mika CA. With Gief CA not being able to jump out, is there any way to counter it? Or just stay the fuck away from Gief if he has 3 stocks of meter?
To be clear, Necalli and Vega don't have command grab CAs, only command grab special moves. And no, you can't beat Gief's CA once the animation kicks in, you have to bait it with a jump, an airborne move or just have your active frames already out there when it starts.

Pompadour

Random question: is there any reason not to go for backthrow to finish a round, since most of them do more damage? I have seen so many top players go for neutral/forward throw and leaving the opponent with a pixel of life left where a backthrow would have killed. I just don't get it.

I'm guessing they don't know back throws do more damage (I didn't know until just now). Maybe if they're throwing them forward into the corner they think that's a safer bet to be in a position to land the killing hit than back throw them and give them more room to run.

I'm now officially part of the "Ryu is Bullshit Club."

My Mika doesn't stand a chance. As soon as I'm almost a super bronze, a Ryu shows up and ruins it all.

Fuck me.

I had the best come backs fighting a Nash recently though. I might post a video of it so you can all judge me.

GGs Omni! I got destroyed those last 2 matches.
GGs man...I would have played longer sets...just got done with some ranked and training mode already when I saw your invite...ill add u for some more games anytime

I don't really know the Ibuki matchup. You'll win more in longer sets as my weak def. kicks in lol

Laws00

So the servers are down for maintenance.

Is this an update that's going to happen later on today or is this just maintenance?

Good to know that info about backthrows.

Guile and Laura's do less but Guiles back air throw does the most out of all 4 of his.

Birdie, Chun, FANG, Necalli, Rashid, Vega (and air throw), and Gief back throws all do the same damage as their regular throw.

Rest of the cast not mentioned does more damage on their back throws (usually 10-20 more damage depending).

So the servers are down for maintenance.

Is this an update that's going to happen later on today or is this just maintenance?

Probably maintenance. I am sure they would have announced something otherwise. Could be getting ready for Urien next month.

Top Bottom