• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

HardRojo

I'm trying to learn how to bait and punish Urien's inv EX headbutt on wakeup, it's a bit different from other DPs because he recovers rather fast from it, and neutral jumps most likely won't get there in time.

Grakl

You can just do a meaty light on uriens wakeup and his ex headbutt will get blocked and you then punish it lol, not great wakeup tool

Urien's EX headbutt has 12f start up. Most light jabs have 11 or 12 total frames I believe. So if you do it a bit meaty or perfectly time it as he gets up(if you're attack is 11 total frames) then you'll recover before his EX headbutt is active. Or he does nothing and he is forced to block your jab. Or he gets counter hit if he's pressing buttons. Point is that if you have your meaty timing down, their is nothing he can do about it.

Sheroking

Urien's EX headbutt has 12f start up. Most light jabs have 11 or 12 total frames I believe. So if you do it a bit meaty or perfectly time it as he gets up(if you're attack is 11 total frames) then you'll recover before his EX headbutt is active. Or he does nothing and he is forced to block your jab. Or he gets counter hit if he's pressing buttons. Point is that if you have your meaty timing down, their is nothing he can do about it.

Of course this means your constantly jabbing him on his wake-up, which doesn't have much upside. He just blocks and you don't get anything from your oki.

Got to do something, sometimes.

Of course this means your constantly jabbing him on his wake-up, which doesn't have much upside. He just blocks and you don't get anything from your oki.

Got to do something, sometimes.

Of course you don't always do that. But I think you should establish it first so the Urien players know how risky it is to go for his reversal. After that you can start opening up your options.

Sayad

That fucking long? Disappointing.

Also, how can Ibuki's f.HK shit only be -3 with that range + low avoidance and extra CC trait?
Because all her other normals have ass range.

Which is funny since everyone said he was garbage before launch because of the "nerfs".
Some of the nerfs were stuff like VT giving him a safe on block armored reversal wake up option and the best cr.MK buttons in the game being cancel-able. If not for those nerfs, more people will be crying about how broken he is than those crying about the nerfs.

Maybe people are so used to bad DLC characters that when one gets a decent tool it's seen as broken.

DLC characters aren't bad.

Ryan Hart JUST beat Nuki's Chun with Guile a day ago, while Problem X was doing quite well with Alex at the same tourney.

Smug just got second at an online tourney a few hours ago with Balrog

DLC characters are "bad" just like Rashid was "bad" at launch.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member

Ryan Hart JUST beat Nuki's Chun with Guile a day ago, while Problem X was doing quite well with Alex at the same tourney.

Rashid is bad, don't listen to him balance team, triple his damage and adding invincibility frames to all his moves should sort it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
If I got hit with this in an actual match I'd just drive my car into the river.
The thing with this game is that these really aren't that hard to pull of. It feels a bit like Rising Thunder in that way. Like they wanted to make execution easier but it only ended up with more people doing higher level stuff.
I'm already seeing good Aegis setups from Gold players.
So yeah, I will definitely die to this.

Random thought: You should maybe not tech on knockdown against Urien if Aegis is out, but then he could theoretically OTG you with CA.
If this was actually the thought behind it then...that's genius.

Also, the type of V-Reversal your character has is very important in this match-up.

But are they "bad" like F.A.N.G was "bad" at launch?

EDIT: With Urien's Aegis reflector having properties that are almost entirely like a fireball, can fireball invincible moves go through it? Like Birdie's regular Bullhorn or FANG's EX slide?

EDIT2: Birdie's regular Bullhorn confirmed goes through it, not sure about FANG's slide but theoretically, it should.

Farewell

I'm trying to practice tech throws with this training: https://youtu.be/4GOb33ei1J8

But it seems like it's always a 50/50 guess,
i don't know how this training method will help me.
I've also read the reddit post for that video but didn't quite understand it, how am i supposed to know when the oppenent is gonna throw me? I would appreciate it if you could watch the video and tell me how.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The idea is that you tech every time, but late. If Ryu does the second cr.lk, you're still blocking. If he goes for throw, you're still in the tech windows of 11 frames or whatever it is.
If you're doing it correctly, this one method will beat both strings.

Once you've mastered it, you'll get shimmied to death

Masamuna

But are they "bad" like F.A.N.G was "bad" at launch?

EDIT: With Urien's Aegis reflector having properties that are almost entirely like a fireball, can fireball invincible moves go through it? Like Birdie's regular Bullhorn or FANG's EX slide?

EDIT2: Birdie's regular Bullhorn confirmed goes through it, not sure about FANG's slide but theoretically, it should.

Projectile invincible moves can go through it no problem. EX slide does indeed bypass it.

Juris EX hazanshu is my favorite against day one urien jobbers that pop trigger and try to chuck balls behind it.

Anyone seen this reddit post about Necalli's perhaps alternate style for the CPT costume?

I believe it's confirmed this was on PS4 so no PC mods. CFN replay ID is 4AC49C30F.

Wfssl1v.jpg

Fixed the link!

He has the top on in the first round but removes it in the second so people think it's like Urien and you have to trigger it somehow but no one knows how yet. Except the guy in the replay presumably.

LakeEarth

I'm trying to learn how to bait and punish Urien's inv EX headbutt on wakeup, it's a bit different from other DPs because he recovers rather fast from it, and neutral jumps most likely won't get there in time.

It's supposedly -17 on block, but I guess that's spacing dependent. It is punishable by counterhit too, so you can go for the crush counter once you have the blockstun timing down. Until then, you can do some counterhit combos from mediums.

LakeEarth

if ex headbutt hits only once at distance, it's rather hard to punish, if even possible.

Well right now people are using it willy nilly, but yes once people become used to Urien they may space out their EX headbutts a bit more thoughtfully. Still got to be a little punishable, but I have not tested it out.

Has anyone figured out a use for medium tackle yet? It's -2 or -3 on HIT (depending on source), and yet it is the worst tackle on block as well. It's seriously worthless, except for the odd juggle combo where heavy tackle doesn't work.

EDIT - from the frame data, the only advantage I see is that it has the most active frames, maybe there's something there that can be taken advantage of. I just can't believe that they gave a non-joke character a move with such terrible frame advantage.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Hm, Hellpockets mentioned on Super Desperation Radio that he saw someone taking Chun's skirt off of her summer outfit and that there are apparently more that cn do something like that.

How is this still a mystery?

edit: Link to the part
Doesn't sound like a joke to me.

Mœbius

Hm, Hellpockets mentioned on Super Desperation Radio that he saw someone taking Chun's skirt off of her summer outfit and that there are apparently more that cn do something like that.

How is this still a mystery?

This would be awesome if true - great call back to the old days by Capcom; someone needs to start collecting together all known secret codes if there are more than the Urien one.

Kashiwaba

Rashid is still bad. Did he even win any tournament??
Rashid got all the tools he just needs a bit more damage for his spinning mixer and AA.

Vice

more like Nuki's stick beat Nuki

Hart made it 2-2 fair and square. Was winning before the strick issues happened too.

Rashid is still bad. Did he even win any tournament??
Rashid got all the tools he just need a bit more damage for his spinning mixer and AA.
He won a ranking event and recently Jon Takeuchi, the ranking winner, and Gatchikun have been doing well with him at other events.

Farewell

The idea is that you tech every time, but late. If Ryu does the second cr.lk, you're still blocking. If he goes for throw, you're still in the tech windows of 11 frames or whatever it is.
If you're doing it correctly, this one method will beat both strings.

Once you've mastered it, you'll get shimmied to death

Sry just saw your post, thanks for the info!
I will try to practice it.

Top Bottom