• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Baleoce

That fucking update killed my Hard Drive.

I spent all yesterday evening and overnight downloading the Windows 10 anniversary update. And once it hit about 80% it failed due to a lack of space. Instead of you know, pausing itself and letting me remove stuff. Nope, let's start from scratch!

Urien is really missing a Kars color for his battle outfit.

But yeah, Urien is super fun to play, and he's probably gonna replace Balrog in my Main Trinity (Mika, Urien, Rashid)

Main Trinity sounds dumb, can someone think of a better name for it?

Grow up in a society where it's expected that you will work 12 hour days unto death
Sounds like my job now
Make sure when u do a block string that they're standing. I think headbutt is like -2 so they can't really punish from what I've played (I could be wrong af) Try to avoid doing it too much so your opponent doesn't know what ur trying to go for. I also use it to my advantage when it whiffs, once it whiffs, u can go for more presssure cause they'll think it's gonna hit them on block (avoid doing this against dp spammers tho and I think 3 framers beat ur button when u try to attack after blocked headbutt not too sure) or go for a grab which is what I do.
It'll work for now since people don't know the character yet, but I've already started to blow up the folk that do it while I'm crouching. Just throw out some lp's, because there's almost no reason not to, unless they're yolo and decide to mix in some ex headbutts while they're at it.

Csr

PC blue screened as i was stunned and about to lose to a diamond laura, if someone would rage quit that would be the perfect time. If someone saw a video of this they would never believe me, i wouldn't either. Fuck.

Never let shit GET to you. It's still okay to be frazzled but in every situation, try to identify what you did wrong or what you weren't doing correctly instead of complaining about how bullshit EX lightning legs or whatever thing you lost to is.

B-b-b-but muh matchups and uphill battles though!

Grow up in a society where it's expected that you will work 12 hour days unto death

Americans already do that shit but somehow we lag behind.

CD'S BAR

I just bought the default story color pack even though I only have 5 story costumes unlocked. Will I get the colors for any story costumes I may unlock in the future as well?

Mike M

Nick N
Man, I am so sorely tempted by Necalli's Japanese warrior outfit, but I *really* don't want to reward Capcom's shitty DLC prices...

LakeEarth

Anybody have any good blockstrings for Urien? I have't been able to really explore him too deeply yet.

From point blank, s.MP -> s.MP -> c.MP connects and should beat any 3 frame jabs someone tries to sneak in either gap, and puts you at no frame disadvantage when you're done (c.MP is 0 on block). They also combo if you get the counterhit, which is nice.

Anyone know what Urien is at if his s.lp xx s.mp chain is blocked? It's not +3, that's for sure.

Neoxon

Man, I am so sorely tempted by Necalli's Japanese warrior outfit, but I *really* don't want to reward Capcom's shitty DLC prices...
80% of the revenue from the CPT DLC is going towards the Capcom Pro Tour.

Are Capcom's motivations for this pack justified, yes. Is it still overpriced, yes. I would have just made the bundle around $15 & kept the other pieces of DLC on-par with other unique stages & costumes that you could buy for money, but that's just me.

80% of the revenue from the CPT DLC is going towards the Capcom Pro Tour.

Are Capcom's motivations for this pack justified, yes. Is it still overpriced, yes. I would have just made the bundle around $15 & kept the other pieces of DLC on-par with other unique stages & costumes that you could buy for money, but that's just me.

Or shit just throw in one more item for the pack value. I'll be attending next year so hopefully some of it goes towards that pot and production too.

LakeEarth

Can confirm, this works well. Though I don't think finishing the target combo is always technically safe, but it might be due to pushback.

I looked it up, and his s.lp > s.mp chain is -4 on block according to a source.

His fierce overhead is also -4. Since it moves him forward a little bit, I'm sure that people will catch on and start punishing that.

His chain that ends with an overhead is -6, good to know.

Neoxon

Or shit just throw in one more item for the pack value. I'll be attending next year so hopefully some of it goes towards that pot and production too.
I'd be down for that.

As for next year's Capcom Cup, they'll probably do a CPT 2017 DLC pack to coincide with the costume design that the Capcom Cup 2016 winner comes up with.

I like that we talk about how every DLC character has a cycle from thinking "eww this character is broken" to "This character is trash." Yet we completely skipped the first phase with Ibuki, right over to "Trash" from the very beginning lol

Hellsing

So I was playing casual matches just now with Urien set as my character, but when I found a match I was... Ken? I wonder how that happened.

Top Bottom