• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

tumblr_o9qeulAgKV1tujpdlo2_400.jpg

tumblr_o9qeulAgKV1tujpdlo3_400.jpg

tumblr_o9qeulAgKV1tujpdlo4_400.jpg

BOY

Hellsing

You might've forgotten to apply the character change.

It was right after someone rage quit on me (I was playing Urien that match). And when I found the next match I was Ken all of a sudden. Checked the character select thing to make sure I wasn't going crazy and, lo and behold, it was Urien just like I thought.

JayEH

I like that we talk about how every DLC character has a cycle from thinking "eww this character is broken" to "This character is trash." Yet we completely skipped the first phase with Ibuki, right over to "Trash" from the very beginning lol

urien seems to be enjoying broken tier status for much longer then the other characters it seems. poor balrog was trash within a few hours.

It was right after someone rage quit on me (I was playing Urien that match). And when I found the next match I was Ken all of a sudden. Checked the character select thing to make sure I wasn't going crazy and, lo and behold, it was Urien just like I thought.

Maybe the rage quit fucked something up.

urien seems to be enjoying broken tier status for much longer then the other characters it seems. poor balrog was trash within a few hours.

Probably means he's fine

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm seeing a lot of Urien in casual matches, makes me happy. He's got the best colors, too.

I'm also enjoying these stage animations way more than I thought. They need to add these to the alternative version of these stages, because they're still better.

JayEH

I'm seeing a lot of Urien in casual matches, makes me happy. He's got the best colors, too.

I'm also enjoying these stage animations way more than I thought. They need to add these to the alternative version of these stages, because they're still better.

hope future DLC stages get some transitions to them.

LegendX48

All the characters are finally out and the colors come in super expensive bundles and dailies are in? Man, I've been away from this game for too long lol

That fucking long? Disappointing.

Also, how can Ibuki's f.HK shit only be -3 with that range + low avoidance and extra CC trait?

They're not gonna do any balance changes until the Capcom Pro Tour is over. It makes total sense; if all the pros had to relearn various setups and frame data from scratch in the middle of the series it'd be pretty bleugh.

And Ibuki's f+HK has like a billion startup frames so it's not really that hard to stuff on reaction.

I think so too. Anime games need an insane amount of execution and 3D fighters are easy to pick up and play but in order to get past beginner is extremely tough.

Anime fighters are a lot easier/funner to play casually, I think.

But SFV is easier to actually learn.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
So I just had a great runback on a cannon spike cammy. I must have gotten in her head because I just choked her at the end. The vid is uploading but I need a few tips from juri players:

Is throw a good way to build meter or is there a good combo building meter? Because her throws do like half a meter buildup
Is jab, to c.mp, to c.mk good for corner pressure?
Fuharenkyaku is safe on block if you tried and garb them afterwards?
Her back HK is her best none dp aa?
Is there any reason to use Ryodansatsu since it totally not an overhead and unsafe on block?
So I just had a great runback on a cannon spike cammy. I must have gotten in her head because I just choked her at the end. The vid is uploading but I need a few tips from juri players:

Thanks mdpm, reviewing it now.
Edit:video in question Weaponising salt into meaty throws.

mbpm1

Is throw a good way to build meter or is there a good combo building meter? Because her throws do like half a meter buildup

I honestly couldn't tell you. I don't pay much attn to meter.
Is jab, to c.mp, to c.mk good for corner pressure?'
There's a 6 frame gap between cr. mp and cr. mk. Cr. mp is zero on block. It's eh as far as pressure goes.

Fuharenkyaku is safe on block if you tried and garb them afterwards?

If you mean her charge, it's -2,. You will lose to buttons from someone who knows.

Her back HK is her best none dp aa?

I think her st. hp is the best actually overall besides DP. But you need to use different ones for different situations.

Is there any reason to use Ryodansatsu since it totally not an overhead and unsafe on block?

You're supposed to use it to hit fireball chuckers when you get a rhythm. It also is an easy buffer to use in neutral with cr. mp and can lead into Super.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I honestly couldn't tell you. I don't pay much attn to meter.

There's a 6 frame gap between cr. mp and cr. mk. Cr. mp is zero on block. It's eh as far as pressure goes.

If you mean her charge, it's -2,. You will lose to buttons from someone who knows.

I think her st. hp is the best actually overall besides DP. But you need to use different ones for different situations.

You're supposed to use it to hit fireball chuckers when you get a rhythm. It also is an easy buffer to use in neutral with cr. mp and can lead into Super.
Well I dont use Supers since i fumble easily but thats just me. Also people dont really EX unless they know it will connect and rather use it for a flashy super.
So for her -2f ex move, a necalli jab could just punish that? And her st. Hp is a far hitting anti air since her back hk starts up and arcs. And her forward pinwheel kick is for fireballs, hmm, thought it would combo more than into super.

mbpm1

Well I dont use Supers since i fumble easily but thats just me. Also people dont really EX unless they know it will connect and rather use it for a flashy super.

It's worth hanging on to in some cases.

So for her -2f ex move, a necalli jab could just punish that?

It can't be punished, but you can't press advantage most of the time because if they press anything they will beat you

And her st. Hp is a far hitting anti air since her back hk starts up and arcs. And her forward pinwheel kick is for fireballs, hmm, thought it would combo more than into super.

Her pinwheel isn't for fireballs, I thought you meant her flip kick when you said the Ryo move.

holy shit!

That's a hell of a comeback, man

Hehe, thanks. Can't toot my own horn too much though; the guy choked super hard and made so many mistakes. You'd think that after dropping a combo and eating a V-Trigger confirm he'd have the good grace not to hit buttons on wakeup, yet he chose to dig his own grave anyway.

Edzi

It feels like Urien is the first/only DLC character that seems universally liked and not considered garbage tier. It's a nice change of pace.

Zukuu

Banned
It feels like Urien is the first/only DLC character that seems universally liked and not considered garbage tier. It's a nice change of pace.
Because he has a great (broken?) reversal. That's utterly important in this hyper aggressive game I feel.

Kashiwaba

I'm starting to have more troubles against him when i play him online i guess that means people are actually learning how to use him.

JayEH

Which is funny since everyone said he was garbage before launch because of the "nerfs".

It's not broken, but it's a little harder to crush counter/punish than most and seems to have a lot of Inv frames

It has 16 invincibility frames, which is more than Ryu's EX Shoryuken. Hell, it'll beat a lot of supers. Plus you can combo after it. It does have a very slow startup, though.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";218256443]It has 16 invincibility frames, which is more than Ryu's EX Shoryuken. Hell, it'll beat a lot of supers. Plus you can combo after it. It does have a very slow startup, though.[/QUOTE]

Well it is 3f vs 12f(could be wrong) startup in ryus favor so I think it is a fair trade off. Plus ryus has 15 invincibility frames so it's not a big difference.

Zukuu

Banned
Well it is 3f vs 12f(could be wrong) startup in ryus favor so I think it is a fair trade off. Plus ryus has 15 invincibility frames so it's not a big difference.
Yeah but how much is it on block? Plus, you avoid most punishment if the opponent neutral jumps instead, which can't be said about whiffing a Shoryuken.

Sheroking

Playing a lot of Urien is reigniting my hatred for Laura, though. Playing against her without a three frame normal is just hateful. I really, really don't want v-reversal with Urien.

She is the worst character in the twenty-nine thousand year history of human fiction. Not exaggerating at all. Totes serious.

Top Bottom