• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Yeah I think the optimal Aegis combos will be the ones where you can sneak the most amount of standing fierces into it.

It's kinda interesting that the first and second Aegis have different combo properties. Like you can combo off an EX tackle only with Aegis #1 but not #2. Without the v-trigger activation freeze, the opponent is already flown past the second Aegis before it becomes active.

yeah it's kinda like the timestop on ibuki's initial v-triggger bomb but not her second

i wonder urien's reception will make season 2 characters more free-form in combos or urien will be "adjusted" to the whole sf5 motiff

I hope they continue in the same direction for future characters that they took with Urien. Really open and deep compared to how limited they made Ibuki/Balrog/Guile/Alex feel.

I feel like Urien was Capcom's way of saying "Yes, we can still make fun characters"

Steroyd

I hope they continue in the same direction for future characters that they took with Urien. Really open and deep compared to how limited they made Ibuki/Balrog/Guile/Alex feel.

I feel like Urien was Capcom's way of saying "Yes, we can still make fun characters"

Wat!?

Ibuki probably comes second to Urien in terms of "making shit up as I go along."

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know. I feel like Ibuki's game only really starts when she's got V-Trigger ready, which means she's lost about half of her life already. Her neutral options are just so limited.

Wat!?

Ibuki probably comes second to Urien in terms of "making shit up as I go along."
Urien at least got to retain all of his special moves. Ibuki lost too many things and now has a limit on how many kunai's she can throw. Her V-trigger is good tho
what about juri

I never touched Juri lol, she seems less scary than her 4 version though because her overhead doesn't combo tbh

mbpm1

Urien at least got to retain all of his special moves. Ibuki lost too many things and now has a limit on how many kunai's she can throw. Her V-trigger is good tho

She never had ground Kunai though, and they're pretty fast and reloading one at a time isn't too bad if you're a decent distance. But otherwise, yeah.

She never had ground Kunai though, and they're pretty fast and reloading one at a time isn't too bad if you're a decent distance. But otherwise, yeah.

Yea the ground Kunai's and the ex. Kunai's are both strong. Maybe she should start with more in stock idk, she's mad stale though.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Ibuki needs a better way to build vmeter. Her vskill is just a crappier version of karins
Oh yeah, her V-Skill really looks like they ran out of ideas. "Yeah we have this V-System to give every character unique style and mechanics. Also we gave Ibuki this other one, but worse".

JayEH

Balrog is super fun, the most fun he's ever been. He has so many resets and mix ups. Too many people sleeping on him. Well I think too many people are sleeping on the dlc characters in general. Only one that seems like complete trash is Ibuki but that could be fixed by giving her a two bar v trigger I think.

Edzi

Balrog is super fun, the most fun he's ever been. He has so many resets and mix ups. Too many people sleeping on him. Well I think too many people are sleeping on the dlc characters in general. Only one that seems like complete trash is Ibuki but that could be fixed by giving her a two bar v trigger I think.

If Chun is allowed to have a 2 bar v-trigger, everyone should be allowed to have a 2 bar v-trigger.

xabi

speaking of stats, any reason Capcon only seems to track stats for Ranked? I play Casual pretty much exclusively after having gotten Silver, so can't seem to get stats for those matches...

I see the casual replays but no stats

She had them in Omega mode :)

That said, they'd be the best projectile in the game without being stocked.

What she needs is either a 2-bar v trigger or a better v skill alongside some minor buffs to her neutral game.

And for the love of god Capcom let characters do air specials during neutral jumps.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
38% normals hit rate. I suck

Don't good players whiff a lot of normals as a matter of course? Seems like an integral part of footsies, to protect your space against sudden ingress and to maybe punish poorly spaced whiffs by your opponent. Also fishing for a confirm. Isn't that the whole reason people buffer specials without executing them?

Percentage hit rate doesn't seem like it would mean much in a fighting game compared to a shooter.

LakeEarth

38% normals hit rate. I suck

That's kind of a pointless statistic. You're supposed to whiff normals in footsies battles. You're supposed to put your opponent into positions where they have to block. Hit rate doesn't seem all that important compared to win rate.

Duress

Don't good players whiff a lot of normals as a matter of course? Seems like an integral part of footsies, to protect your space against sudden ingress and to maybe punish poorly spaced whiffs by your opponent. Also fishing for a confirm. Isn't that the whole reason people buffer specials without executing them?

Percentage hit rate doesn't seem like it would mean much in a fighting game compared to a shooter.

True!

Skilletor

If Chun is allowed to have a 2 bar v-trigger, everyone should be allowed to have a 2 bar v-trigger.

Chun's vtrig should deplete with button presses if it's going to be 2 bars.

Ibuki needs a lot. Quicker reload animation on Kunai. She should have at least one button that she can cancel into tele that is + on block. Give her actual mixups from her mk target combo. Tele should crossup midscreen.

I'd like to get back cancellable s.mk. Give her back her b+mk.

Changing her trigger to 2 bars would get rid of a lot of its utility since it's 3 bar triggers get to cancel from specials, 2 bar would not. Not sure that's worth the sacrifice.

I hate her dash. Feels useless right now.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";218529551]If you swapped Ibuki's V-skill with a quick kunai reload that gave her a little v meter that'd help a lot of her issues.[/QUOTE]

Yea but that'd give her the incentive to run away and chuck kunai's all day then get V-Trigger GG

i wonder urien's reception will make season 2 characters more free-form in combos or urien will be "adjusted" to the whole sf5 motiff
Even a blind man can see how much better Urien's reception has been compared to the other DLC characters. If there is a God Capcom rebalance S1 DLC characters to be more like Urien and avoid making boring DLC characters for season 2.

At least Rog's combos and resets look cool AF. Guile is kinda boring outside of his MvC boom corner combos and Alex would be less entertaining than watching paint dry if he didn't have his jab AA mixups.
V-skills in general could be better.

Even some of the fun ones don't see a lot of useage.
We need second V-skills. Some characters just have super boring V-skills that won't become good or fun no matter how much you buff them (Karin, Alex and Ibuki come to mind). I don't think I've ever seen a Guile use his crouch walk V-skill... not that I've seen more than a couple dozen Guiles since he came out LOL.
I can see that with Balrog. The dude's combos, damage, forward pressure and resets look the sickest out of the entire DLC cast, but his lunging punches seem to be easy to blow up with sweeps, projectiles and the right standing normals.

crouch walk isn't guile's v-skill
God, that is how little I see this character. I actually like his stationary projectile V-Skill over what Karin, Alex and Ibuki have. It kinda serves as a small wall at close range and gives you free 2 hit projectiles that would normally require meter. It really compliments his playstyle in ways that other V-triggers don't for their respective characters.

mbpm1

At least Juri's v-skill is cool. More unsafe than I'd like though, and having to really charge it for the anti-fireball usage makes it Alex-like in rarity for that purpose.

I'd probably prefer something else for her.

At least Juri's v-skill is cool. More unsafe than I'd like though, and having to really charge it for the anti-fireball usage makes it Alex-like in rarity for that purpose.

I'd probably prefer something else for her.
But you don't have to charge it all in one go. I use the charged version plenty. Just charge a little bit at a time.

Activating down-up charges from standing is hard for me. My Alex game would improve vastly if I could do headbutt from stMP, but it ain't gonna happen.

Doing Vega trials in SFxT had tons of those. Fuck those things.

I learned how to do charge moves off of standing normals specifically so I could land Alex's zero-to-stun reset:

j.HK > f+HP > VT Cancel > f+HP > Sledgehammer > MP Flash Chop > sMP > EX Head Crush

Basically this but from a jump-in rather than a ground normal.

Vice

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";218529551]If you swapped Ibuki's V-skill with a quick kunai reload that gave her a little v meter that'd help a lot of her issues.[/QUOTE]
Have it replinish a kunai on block. Maybe two on hit.

Top Bottom