• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Whales

Banned
tbh I should never give the runback after I win the first match

its like these dudes go "download complete lol" and proceed to fuck ne up for the next 2 matches, making me salty as fuck

Durden77

God, that is how little I see this character. I actually like his stationary projectile V-Skill over what Karin, Alex and Ibuki have. It kinda serves as a small wall at close range and gives you free 2 hit projectiles that would normally require meter. It really compliments his playstyle in ways that other V-triggers don't for their respective characters.

Guile's v-skill is legitimately one of if not the best V-skill in the game. It's incredibly useful to him in so many ways.

Also, I am starting to believe Guile's crouch walk could actually be useful situationaly. I caught myself using it once to get a flash kick AA after someone jumped over a boom a littttle too far away. It just requires giving up a boom charge which is a lot to give, but I think eventually someone's going to make it useful.

LakeEarth

Rarely does a match go by without seeing Guile use his v-skill. Who can say that for Alex (aside from immediately before a stun combo)?

mbpm1

tbh I should never give the runback after I win the first match

its like these dudes go "download complete lol" and proceed to fuck ne up for the next 2 matches, making me salty as fuck

TFW you lose to a flowchart ken in the first match and then easily figure him out for the next two though

Durden77

Rarely does a match go by without seeing Guile use his v-skill. Who can say that for Alex (aside from immediately before a stun combo)?

I think they need to change Alex's V-Skill to make it to where it doesn't go away if he's hit or it doesn't go away if his next attack is blocked, but not both. That would be too much. And I'm leaning more towards it doesn't go away when blocked.

Either that or give him even more stun. Because yeah right now his V-Skill is mainly just reserved for stuns and is kind of useless outside of that. If he got stun even easier (which is definitely what the character is based around) it would make his v-skill more appealing.

mooncakes

Oh yeah, her V-Skill really looks like they ran out of ideas. "Yeah we have this V-System to give every character unique style and mechanics. Also we gave Ibuki this other one, but worse".

Should of given her a v-skill like Chipp's invisibility from Guilty Gear or use one of her specials like her somersault move to make her unique.

Edzi

Alex would be so much better if his V-skill worked more like Urien's and he just kept the buff until he landed a hit. It opens up so many more combo options for him, but I dunno if it'd still be balanced. My gut says it'd be fine, but what do I know.

I think they need to change Alex's V-Skill to make it to where it doesn't go away if he's hit or it doesn't go away if his next attack is blocked, but not both. That would be too much. And I'm leaning more towards it doesn't go away when blocked.

Either that or give him even more stun. Because yeah right now his V-Skill is mainly just reserved for stuns and is kind of useless outside of that. If he got stun even easier (which is definitely what the character is based around) it would make his v-skill more appealing.
His stun output is pretty good, but the problem is the riskiness of his foward moving pressure (f.HP is good, but stun gun leaves you open to some seriously hard punishes) and his power bomb's hitboxes/startup. He either gets them from risky dashes or AA jab left-rights that probably won't be around for season 2. I would hope that his powerbombs are improved and he gets his mp+mk overhead back. His f.MP overhead has good range, but it doesn't move him any closer to his opponent. He needs every possible tool he can get for forward pressure. He needs something if he won't be able to special cancel his far reaching crouching normals (not what I'm asking for even in my buff wishlist).

Mike M

Nick N
Christ on a crutch, I'm awful with Urien. I can't follow up c.HP with HP Metallic Sphere with any consistency, and when I do manage it, I can't do the HK tackle with any consistency.

Rate of success goes even lower if I'm attempting this at the end of an Aegis combo.

*Sigh*

Back to being marginally less awful with Necalli.

Whales

Banned
Christ on a crutch, I'm awful with Urien. I can't follow up c.HP with HP Metallic Sphere with any consistency, and when I do manage it, I can't do the HK tackle with any consistency.

Rate of success goes even lower if I'm attempting this at the end of an Aegis combo.

*Sigh*

Back to being marginally less awful with Necalli.

just do cr.hp into the knee drop, its easier amd seems to deal similar damage

LakeEarth

I looked online but I can't seem to find any evidence that a reflected Rashid v-trigger will give Urien the same speed boost that Rashid gets. I found some neat combo videos reflecting the tornado, but none that would indicate that a tackle would go further or anything.

just do cr.hp into the knee drop, its easier amd seems to deal similar damage

It's two bars, but c.HP xx EX knees -> EX shoulder charge is good damage.

Mike M

Nick N
I like the stage transitions that open other areas on the stage, but wearing stupid shit on their head for the next round should never have gone beyond the noodle bowl.

- J - D -

I'm not on board with the argument that Cammy is easier to use/win with than Ryu.

Once the opponent learns that her cannon strike can be stuffed by an lp (even her ex dive kick, thanks SFV!), she has no safe way to get in. And I've never seen a defensive Cammy, a play style that is viable for Ryu.

Spman2099

The one was a moderately amusing easter egg. Everything else is just dumb, even by "but Street Fighter has always been goofy!" standards.

Personally, I think it is silly fun. However, I also think it rides that line. So I expect some people to feel the same as you.

Mike M

Nick N
Personally, I think it is silly fun. However, I also think it rides that line. So I expect some people to feel the same as you.

And I otherwise like most of the end of round goofiness when you beat them on the edge of a stage! But these ones in particular are just copy pasta of a one-note gag that exist in the place of more variety in the sight gags. Boo-urns.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Going through withdrawal, guys. Not only did my hard drive die, I've been swamped at work, even more than usual as a teacher, so I haven't even really played on my PS4. I got pretty solid with Karin, too, for me anyway, and now that will be gone. I want to spend time with Urien like I did Karin, but I was off all summer learning her, so that's not feasible.

The silver lining is that I'm off next Monday and Tuesday, plus my new hard drive just arrived today.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Ibuki needs a better way to build vmeter. Her vskill is just a crappier version of karins

I know I'm a bit late, but damn if that isn't one of the most lackluster V-Skills in the game. So boring, and it's hard to see where it could be applied. Granted I don't play Ibuki, but still.

Balrog's and Urien's fit their characters, are intuitive and super useful. Seeing as even whiffing an armoured special with Urien charges the gauge, you always wanna be looking for openings to VS.

Urien is just so fun in general. Even losing with him feels tangible, like it's really easy to see where you messed up. I feel like I'm playing better "Street Fighter" with him than I have done so far in V.

Whales

Banned
GGs sigmaah... I wish i didnt have to study, this set was so good (and close, I feel like a fraud for not continuing)

we need to play more, your urien is good af

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Top Bottom