• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Whales

Banned
No, you literally just complained about her toolset being bad on this very page. Her health is fine and balanced. If you think health is all it takes to make a character good or bad, go play Zangief.

You only use Alex because he has 1050 stun. Don't you , edzi?

Also why is there a discussion about cammy every 2 days on here lol

Whales

Banned
lol didn't people also say chun sucked in the betas?

sometime about '' she's boring and they removed a bunch of her specials''

Dahbomb

Bison is crazy good.

Necalli isn't that good.

Ken sucks. Worst frame data in the game.

Ryu is too nerfed now.

R.Mika is just a much worse Laura.

Dhalsim is broken!

Let's get all that out of the way.

mbpm1

Did they nerf zangief after the beta? I remember people saying he is crazy good in the beta.

they nerfed his walkspeed IIRC. I don't remember what else changed

Also people always think grapplers are top tier in the early stages. Including me, which was bad bc I played him.

Mika needs a fireball to be viable. Her V-Skill should let her chuck her microphone fullscreen.

She also needs an invincible reversal that's safe on block because it's not fair that meaniepants players can hit her as she's getting up.

Oh, and change her V-Trigger into a glowing neon sign above the opponent's head that tells me which button they're going to press because I don't want to have to make predictions.

Farewell

they nerfed his walkspeed IIRC. I don't remember what else changed

Also people always think grapplers are top tier in the early stages. Including me, which was bad bc I played him.

Lol true

Mika needs a fireball to be viable. Her V-Skill should let her chuck her microphone fullscreen.

She also needs an invincible reversal that's safe on block because it's not fair that meaniepants players can hit her as she's getting up.

Oh, and change her V-Trigger into a glowing neon sign above the opponent's head that tells me which button they're going to press because I don't want to have to make predictions.

giphy.gif

JayEH

Cammy is tearing this thread apart. Capcom please remove from game.

lol didn't people also say chun sucked in the betas?

sometime about '' she's boring and they removed a bunch of her specials''

Yeah lol. Stuff like this is why I don't believe anyone when they say the dlc characters are bad.

Yes, turn every character into a shoto. Because that doesn't sound boring at all.

Hey guys. How many layers of Ryu are you on right now?

Whales

Banned
I swear mika players are the worst

you either find a mika that thinks her 3f jab beats everything on wakeup , keeps getting crush countered but won't stop doing it

or those that, god knows how, literally squeezes a fucking rope throw between every single one of your blockstrings. Also the type so mash rope throw from half screen and manage to get you with it

mbpm1

you either find a mika that thinks her 3f jab beats everything on wakeup , keeps getting crush countered but won't stop doing it

or those that, god knows how, literally squeezes a fucking rope throw between every single one of your blockstrings. Also the type so mash rope throw from half screen and manage to get you with it
Those mikas aren't too bad.

Worse are the mikas who find sweeps everytime you think to walk away and dash in grab everytime you try to bait the sweep

Durden77

No worries dawg. Some of the stuff you're saying is dumb, lol, but some people in here are also being way too fierce about it. Especially if you're still learning about the game which I'm guessing you are.

Keep playing Cammy if she's what you love, and just focus on the fact that she really IS a good character and she DOES have ways around fireballs. Certainly. Concentrate on wrapping your head around what you can do to make that happen rather than just thinking she can't.

Also might not be a bad idea to try out a character with a good fireball for a while to get a better sense on how the projectile game works. Plus you might have fun, ya never know.

I play Guile, fireball central, so if you ever wanna play some games with me to help learn that I'm down.

Producer

against mikas i find you gotta have your meaties on point otherwise they wake up ch jab into rope throw into gg

Durden77

I think that Mika can get a rope throw bounce off mid-screen with a backdash is one of the dumbest fucking things about her. It doesn't even seem to be meant to work like that but it was accidentally put in or something. Like WHAT ARE YOU BOUNCING OFF OF. And WHY DO YOU NOT BOUNCE WITHOUT A BACKDASH. I'm not for realism and shit in my SFV but that's so stupid, makes no sense, and not a tool she needs.

If they just took that out and only allowed her to get a bounce off a legit corner I'd be happy. She's a character obviously meant to play the corner anyway. She doesn't need that. It should only allow her to throw them towards the corner.

Skilletor

SFV Ibuki is whack, they should've made her a new character since she is actually just a shell.

Truth.

I think that Mika can get a rope throw bounce off mid-screen with a backdash is one of the dumbest fucking things about her. It doesn't even seem to be meant to work like that but it was accidentally put in or something. Like WHAT ARE YOU BOUNCING OFF OF. And WHY DO YOU NOT BOUNCE WITHOUT A BACKDASH. So stupid.

If they just took that out and only allowed her to get a bounce off a legit corner I'd be happy. She's a character obviously meant to play the corner anyway. She doesn't need that. It should only allow her to throw them towards the corner.

i agree, it seems like it's unintentional, until you realize they took it out of one of the betas only to give it back to her. Fucking Combofiend.

MrCarter

I don't mind that they have taken away Ibuki's neck breaker but WHY her rekka kicks?! For me, that was what made her so dynamic and versatile as a character. Put that back in incompetent Capcom! Also while you're at it give Zangeif his green hand back.

I've ONLY complained about Cammy's health. I think it's trash and will always think it's trash. It's like 1 really good combo and I'm already almost dead.

We've been over this in like...OT2 or 3 or some shit, I used a bunch of random combos on both cammy and gief, and gief only lasts for like 2~ extra hits.
Ofcourse you shouldn't be playing cammy like gief either.

LakeEarth

I had one of the latter Mika's this morning. It's amazing how well it works. Eventually I stopped pressing buttons, just watched as she went for it three times in a row, just waiting for me to push a button. It's fairly hard to whiff punish, and does way more damage than a random SRK, so why not?

mbpm1

I don't think proper rekkas will be back,which makes me concerned about Poison when she's playable next August.

Good guess

I had one of the latter Mika's this morning. It's amazing how well it works. Eventually I stopped pressing buttons, just watched as she went for it three times in a row, just waiting for me to push a button. It's fairly hard to whiff punish, and does way more damage than a random SRK, so why not?

sweep the leg!

Guilty as fucking charged.

Yeah, it's a really bad habit.

Steroyd

Fucking hell, my anti airs were on point I saw the jumps and reacted, until I completed the mission in one match then went back to being shit at sniping people out of the air, so the lesson I learned today is that I CAN anti air I just need to bet money everytime I don't.

I also beat a silver Necalli yay, jab the fuckers out of their command grabs.

Also woo I can meaty quick risers, now I just need to practice meaty'ing when I knock folks out of the air, so many people push buttons when the situation is reset.

Top Bottom