• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

CD'S BAR

do certain characters have different throw speeds. played a ryu as balrog and on wake up his throws trumped even my light attacks every damn time. couldn't seem to throw cancel either.

mbpm1

do certain characters have different throw speeds. played a ryu as balrog and on wake up his throws trumped even my light attacks every damn time. couldn't seem to throw cancel either.

Nope. On wakeup he can throw you no matter what button you press unless you tech. More difficult to do off of random knockdowns but he probably has a setup that ensures he could get you everytime. You must have been mistiming your techs for him to throw you even when you tried to.

This probably meant more to me than you could think
Clearly the best Guile VA

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Intoxicated Guile needs to knock out this anti air mission real quick. Please fight intoxicated Guile.

ID GetTheData

Password for lounge : 4321

(Highly intoxicated)

Oh and there's room for 4!

EDIT : DAMMIT THE MISSIONS JUST RESET. YOU ALL FAILED ME.

Anyway it's still open, and I got the Battle Lounge mission?

I'll play you if you can invite me. Don't see a way to join your Battle Lounge specifically, even though I added you.

ID is KyouGG

Durden77

I'll play you if you can invite me. Don't see a way to join your Battle Lounge specifically, even though I added you.

ID is KyouGG

I closed it, moved to the living room because the lady is sleeping. I'll set it back up with the same password. I'm gonna smoke a cig real quick so if you join and I don't play immediately that's why lawl. But I'll be right back in.

Password is still 4321, an ID is GetTheData, just set it back up.

And like I said there's room for 4 if you other fuckers want some

Edit : GET IN THERE OVERDRIVE

Kyouji

You gotta invite us, bro. I'm only Bronze so it doesn't pop you up when I search for Battle Lounges.

Aight hang on, adding you both now and will send invites

Edit : Invited you both, battle lounge search goes by leauge? Weird.

FUCK I missed my turn bahahah
I don't think battle lounges search by rank. Whenever I search, I see varying skill levels ranging from rookie to master.

Kyouji

Aight hang on, adding you both now and will send invites

Edit : Invited you both, battle lounge search goes by leauge? Weird.

FUCK I missed my turn bahahah

My connection died. Could you invite me back when you get a chance?

Kyouji

GG! Thanks for the games, guys. Sorry my connection kept crapping out and then it just died outright. Really needed that Guile and Alex match-up practice too...

Hope to play with you guys again.

So apparently Ken can just do a jab on your wakeup when you're in the corner and just crouch and he'll be out of throw range. So it's like a solitary shimmy that's safe against low attacks.

Fuck that shit.
Busty lady who oils her up constantly? Yeah that will probably go well.
Would love to see the ESPN reaction to that.

Please tell me that the Karins last hit on Guren (the one that goes to other side) is unblockable. I swear I get hit by it every single time.

lol no, it doesn't even combo, you could literally just mash jab after the second hit connects.
I think there's like 8 frames in between.

fresquito

Tough one.

You want to keep track on the hit before guren. If it's the elbow, prepare to block. Just don't rush your guard here, because that hit is plus on block and on higher levels that's a very common frametrap.

If she has CA ready, just v-reversal and be safe.

lol no, it doesn't even combo, you could literally just mash jab after the second hit connects.
I think there's like 8 frames in between.
Not recommended. If she follows with punch instead of down punch, you will get hit.

Really? I need to try this.
You better don't follow that advise.

Not recommended. If she follows with punch instead of down punch, you will get hit.

Well yeah, but unless she has CA there's nothing coming after that, if you can combo from jab like cammy I'd just risk it, but that's me.

Edit: I think you misread what I meant, with second hit I didn't mean the second hit from the 2 hits of guren, I meant the second input for the next attack.

fresquito

Well yeah, but unless she has CA there's nothing coming after that, if you can combo from jab like cammy I'd just risk it, but that's me.

Edit: I think you misread what I meant, with second hit I didn't mean the second hit from the 2 hits of guren, I meant the second input for the next attack.
If you meant that, there's no reason to spam anything. Like stated above, if you block the whole thing it's -11.

Edit, to make things more clear:
  • Don't press any button after the initial 2 hits, otherwise you are risking the punch followup.
  • If the third hit is a punch, you can punish.
  • If the third hit is an elbow, don't press any button because it's a frametrap
  • If the fourth hit happens, block it and punish because it's -11 on block.

It's all about sending a message.
image.php

Top Bottom