• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Yes, turn every character into a shoto. Because that doesn't sound boring at all.

Hey guys. How many layers of Ryu are you on right now?
The worst part is that Akuma and Sagat would still be the two most requested characters even with an all shoto cast available.

rip
Man. Gold is a barren land. All I face are super gold.
The jump from gold to super gold is a big one with all the quitters, annoying characters and lag around. Some people just bow out of ranked once they get that 4K.

I've been playing necalli a bit because I'm definitely buying that wolfman costume, and his jab is so good man...I'm literally just swatting people out of the air with it like the pesky bugs they are.

Numb

I've been playing necalli a bit because I'm definitely buying that wolfman costume, and his jab is so good man...I'm literally just swatting people out of the air with it like the pesky bugs they are.
Is it better than Alex?
Conditioned to jab if the hover of the ground even slightly and ruined other characters for me -_-

Whales

Banned

AA jabs are so good yet so bad

Because when you're used to them, when you switch chars you still have the habit of using jab as an AA... then you get blown up every single jump-in

Is it better than Alex?
Conditioned to jab if the hover of the ground even slightly and ruined other characters for me -_-

Better than alex's, it's faster and has a bigger hitbox.

Because when you're used to them, when you switch chars you still have the habit of using jab as an AA... then you get blown up every single jump-in

Yeah I try not to use it too much, so I don't get ruined by muscle memory when I go back to my mains.

But it's so good man

mbpm1

You also use them even when you get hit by super good jumpins like Necalli's and lose 40%. I gotta get out of that habit

Sayad

Bison is crazy good.

Necalli isn't that good.

Ken sucks. Worst frame data in the game.

Ryu is too nerfed now.

R.Mika is just a much worse Laura.

Dhalsim is broken!

Let's get all that out of the way.
There's also both Guile is broken good, he's ruining the game. And Guile is shit, worst version of Guile ever.

i agree, it seems like it's unintentional, until you realize they took it out of one of the betas only to give it back to her. Fucking Combofiend.
I think what they took out was the wall bounce working without the need to backdash. Without it Mikas will probably start every round by jumping/dashing/walking back so she's with in the corner reach, shit would be just as stupid.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The servers seem to be a bit unstable today.

I've also played so few Bisons lately, I'm falling for the week 1 stuff again.

Skilletor

There's also both Guile is broken good, he's ruining the game. And Guile is shit, worst version of Guile ever.

I think what they took out was the wall bounce working without the need to backdash. Without it Mikas will probably start every round by jumping/dashing/walking back so she's with in the corner reach, shit would be just as stupid.

You'd still get the corner, you just wouldn't get the damage.

Out of all the Canadians I play, only Eva02Langley doesn't lag. Then theirs that one Ryu player with the pink color who is impossible to fight with how bad the rollback is.

fresquito

The jump from gold to super gold is a big one with all the quitters, annoying characters and lag around. Some people just bow out of ranked once they get that 4K.

That explains a lot. When I hit 4K with Karin a while ago, I barely played any more ranked. I was upset with the game, then stopped playing altogether, then switched to Alex and has been like a new beginning. I know I'm a better player now, but it seems Gold now is the old Super Silver or something like that. I don't train, I play an okay character and still don't think Super Golds are all that much better than me (in fact I tend to either lose 2-1 or win 2-1, most rounds being pretty close). I'm having fun, but it feels a bit of a grind, honestly.

JayEH

Tokido trying this in losers finals. Infil using balrog during top 16. Wtf

they got plenty of money already and in infiltration's case he doesn't have anyone to train with in Korea so this is the only chance he has to try new characters in bad match ups for Nash.

Mediking

We've been over this in like...OT2 or 3 or some shit, I used a bunch of random combos on both cammy and gief, and gief only lasts for like 2~ extra hits.
Ofcourse you shouldn't be playing cammy like gief either.

Well..... to be honest....

I was joking from the beginning....

Mr. X

Waiting for buff Cammy's health to complete the cycle.

I just want to get to the higher ranks to get better opponents in casual :( Silver is annoying as fuck with lag. Either I mistime a punish or drop the punish combo midway and eat fucking super.

Edzi

I just want to get to the higher ranks to get better opponents in casual :( Silver is annoying as fuck with lag. Either I mistime a punish or drop the punish combo midway and eat fucking super.

This is why I really dislike the ranking system. I want to keep playing people around Gold and above, since that's where I feel like I fall at my best. But if I risk playing ranked again, I know I'll eventually drop back down to Ultra Silver (especially since I switch up my characters often), so I just quit ranked altogether after Gold.

Is there...wait...you're saying that there is a different ping/connection at different ranks?

vulva

Is there...wait...you're saying that there is a different ping/connection at different ranks?

I don't mean to speak for him, but I took it as him saying that he finds it difficult to rank up because of those kinds of issues, but he wants to raise his rank so that people of higher ranks will want to play him in casual.

you're saying every canadian player lags

the problem might be on your end

Maybe because I live far from Canada and live in Florida? That could explain why matches can end up laggy or some people like the Ryu player deliberately made the game unplayable seeing how the rollback progressively gets worst after the second game when starting to loose. Hell I even faced a M.Bison from Cambodia who connection was more solid than that player I ran into earlier.

I don't mean to speak for him, but I took it as him saying that he finds it difficult to rank up because of those kinds of issues, but he wants to raise his rank so that people of higher ranks will want to play him in casual.

Ah I see.

Yeah I feel the same way. The only reason I play ranked on weekends is to play higher ranked people in casuals during the week. I got to a point where I would maybe lose one in every 15 or 20 matches, just giving them the business. So I knew I had leveled up and needed to go higher in rank.

I really should just play ranked exclusively though.

vulva

Maybe because I live far from Canada and live in Florida? That could explain why matches can end up laggy or some people like the Ryu player deliberately made the game unplayable seeing how the rollback progressively gets worst after the second game when starting to loose. Hell I even faced a M.Bison from Cambodia who connection was more solid than that player I ran into earlier.

Out of curiosity how do you know he was from Cambodia and not just some guy using that flag for fun?

Durden77

Intoxicated Guile needs to knock out this anti air mission real quick. Please fight intoxicated Guile.

ID GetTheData

Password for lounge : 4321

(Highly intoxicated)

Oh and there's room for 4!

EDIT : DAMMIT THE MISSIONS JUST RESET. YOU ALL FAILED ME.

Anyway it's still open, and I got the Battle Lounge mission?

Westlo

Was overseas for 5 weeks, just updated to 1.09 last night. I don't have anything to worry about with that rootkit do I?

JayEH

for Shibasaki's First Request it's go to Dhalsim's second story mission.

could be just nothing but i wonder if capcom is leaving clues for Season 2 characters with these.

Top Bottom