• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

When i had a laggy match i sometimes write a message to the oppenent but only if he is also from EU, asking them nicely if they could fix their connection because of the lag.
Now i got a message back from him few days later that he is sry and fixed it now, lol.
Glad to see an actual happy ending to this scenario instead of the usual "lol, u salty?" response.

Skilletor

in SF4 you at least had defensive mechanics against this lol

In ultra maybe. Sf4 ambiguous setups off hard knockdown were fucking dumb for most of the life of that title. Even with delayed getup in sf4, the random hit box things in sf5 are paltry in comparison. I rarely see an ambiguous Crossup in actual play.

Not saying it shouldn't be fixed, just don't think it's as big a deal on actual play as random youtube clips would imply.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, sometimes you just have bad routing. Even if you aren't too far away frome one another it's not always your opponent's connection's fault.

In ultra maybe. Sf4 ambiguous setups off hard knockdown were fucking dumb for most of the life of that title. Even with delayed getup in sf4, the random hit box things in sf5 are paltry in comparison. I rarely see an ambiguous Crossup in actual play.

Not saying it shouldn't be fixed, just don't think it's as big a deal on actual play as random youtube clips would imply.

In SF4 you did have to deal with ambiguous setups off of hard knockdowns, but at least there were defensive mechanics outside of USF4 to help stop the bleeding quickly as in 5 games can heavily snowball for the other character since this game is pretty much pure offence with most of the cast not having a great defensive mechanic.

Here's another clip of the j.MK fuckery. In 4 it was ambiguous setups off of a knockdown.. these are just random jump ins that have the same effect lol. I block in the front, and he crosses up anyway while I'm blocking on the side the character was supposed to be on which causes an instant L. In high level play this shit does happen or they'll try to AA with a non invincible attack and get completely stuffed (unless its a 3f lp AA)

Edzi

I'm popping on now if you're up

Could you make it a longer set?

EDIT: Nvm I guess, you bounced.

Anyone else wanna play? CFN EdziPC.

In SF4 you did have to deal with ambiguous setups off of hard knockdowns, but at least there were defensive mechanics outside of USF4 to help stop the bleeding quickly as in 5 games can heavily snowball for the other character since this game is pretty much pure offence with most of the cast not having a great defensive mechanic.

Here's another clip of the j.MK fuckery. In 4 it was ambiguous setups off of a knockdown.. these are just random jump ins that have the same effect lol. I block in the front, and he crosses up anyway while I'm blocking on the side the character was supposed to be on which causes an instant L. In high level play this shit does happen or they'll try to AA with a non invincible attack and get completely stuffed (unless its a 3f lp AA)

As much as I don't wanna go back to SF4, I actually agree that we need more defensive mechanics in SFV. Right now, it's waaaay too offensive, with a lot of high level players just holding forward and jump since the risk just isn't there.

mbpm1

This is the power of Yams

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Anyone want to play some matches?
I'm down. Cfn: MahvelBaby.
I don't who I fought but I'll just let them know I've been putting time with ken. Great game tho. I didn't know his EX Shoryuken isn't entirely safe. Was that you flux?
Edit: Ok who fought me because I'm confused.

FluxWaveZ

Woops, figured no one wanted to so I played some SCII before checking back.

Invite me, CFN EdziPC

EDIT: I'd prefer a 1 on 1, if you wanna make a multi man lobby I might have to pass.

Invite sent, if you're still available.

Apologies, NCR Redslayer.

Grifter

I'm down. Cfn: MahvelBaby.
I don't who I fought but I'll just let them know I've been putting time with ken. Great game tho. I didn't know his EX Shoryuken isn't entirely safe. Was that you flux?
Edit: Ok who fought me because I'm confused.

Was me, GGs! Yup the ex shoryuken is more of a combo move.

Just remembered I could negative edge in this game. Finally added some combos because of this but I feel dumb for not using it with a charge character.

MrCarter

this shit would be sick af

edit: damn... image came out super small and pixelated

Hmm I think my neck and eyes would be severely strained lol. I like the Switch concept and it's amazing how large games can fit in a small card but the practical use of the tablet screen will be horrible.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Had a few super laggy matches when even the rematch screen showed the connection as 5 bars. I swear this barely happened before..

I wish I could turn it off. It's very frustrating sometimes
I get it a lot with one specific combo. Super frustrating.

Edzi

GGs Flux, you're much more manageable when you're not using Mika. Still, you definitely took advantage of my inability to deal with throws.

FluxWaveZ

GGs Flux, you're much more manageable when you're not using Mika. Still, you definitely took advantage of my inability to deal with throws.

GGs. Next time I'll bust out my second main, since I think my Balrog's slowly getting to the level of my Mika.

Edzi

GGs. Next time I'll bust out my second main, since I think my Balrog's slowly getting to the level of my Mika.

I kinda wanna try your Mika next time, it's a matchup I desperately need to get better with. Ryu, Chun, Mika, and Zangief own my soul online.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I found so many laggy matches today where the other player is just warping all over the place and I am like whatever and the other dude is like playing his best. I mean how do you enjoy that? /rant

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I found so many laggy matches today where the other player is just warping all over the place and I am like whatever and the other dude is like playing his best. I mean how do you enjoy that? /rant
Might not lag for him. The game has one-sided rollback

I think my "demons" in this game are Zangief and Ryu. I can consistently do well or at least decent against literally every other character in the game, but for some reason Ryu and Zangief seem to mess me up real good.

For the former it's mainly because of my lack of matchup experience making me scared to press buttons or overextend, but for the latter it's simply due to Ryu's neutral game being so impenetrable. I always get impatient and try to jump in or press buttons after his stupidly safe normals or else block for a bit too long and eat a dash-in grab.

Grifter

Just got some long sets in w/a platinum Guile and ultra plat Zangief, having a blast.

A bit lost still on fighting Guile as Ryu and whether I should be throwing fireballs at neutral. Scared of giving him mixup setups too. Does anyone know this match?

NotLikeThis
ezgif-3199364306.gif

Top Bottom