• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Guile's second CA : An Injustice-esque Flash Kick that sends the opponent flying into the clouds.

Birdie's second CA: A Command Grab CA where he grabs them, kicks them towards the wall and then charges at them like the bull that he is (get rekt Balrog)

FANG's second CA: Instead of Flying and then shitting the poison, he slides across the ground and sends poison upwards.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I hope that they keep in original versions of characters like USF4 had for some kind of Version Select mode.

This is already (partially) a thing, considering that old replays still work. The old frame data should still be saved somewhere in the game. (In fact, that Alex character select bug from a few versions ago was directly related to this.)

Zerojul

Birdie's second CA: A Command Grab CA where he grabs them, kicks them towards the wall and then charges at them like the bull that he is (get rekt Balrog)
I seriously like that.

Laura should have a boob smothering CA to keep things classy (and because ripping off some of Angel's stuff can never be a bad thing).

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210026361]Not gonna lie, I used the hack to unlock colors 7-10. I didn't do any of the Fight Money stuff because that's kinda scummy, but I hope I don't get banned over unlocking colors.[/QUOTE]
You shouldn't be if they have sense... They know tournament organisers used it for colours specifically too. Hopefully they'll let that be.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210026361]Not gonna lie, I used the hack to unlock colors 7-10. I didn't do any of the Fight Money stuff because that's kinda scummy, but I hope I don't get banned over unlocking colors.[/QUOTE]

I did it last night, used the one round survival mod knowing they going to review my account, if i get banned oh well..also didn't abuse it, i was only missing 4 characters on normal survival, i took the lazy route...

Raitaro

I'm using a router too and didn't have any trouble. You can try setting your PS4 local IP to DMZ and do the port forwarding maybe ?

Thanks for the tip. It does sound a bit like Russian to me but I'll try to look in my router and see what I can figure out. Quite frustrating, to run into a semi-known problem that is not large scale enough for Capcom to really take notice.

If everything works as normal except for an in-game update, surely the fault lies not with my router setup but Capcom I'd argue, but then again, if they don't seem to be aware then what can I do except try to solve it myself? Sigh...luckily I'm not someone trying to train for Evo who would now suddenly be without online practice capabilities or the latest fixes...

Thanks for the tip. It does sound a bit like Russian to me but I'll try to look in my router and see what I can figure out. Quite frustrating, to run into a semi-known problem that is not large scale enough for Capcom to really take notice.

If everything works as normal except for an in-game update, surely the fault lies not with my router setup but Capcom I'd argue, but then again, if they don't seem to be aware then what can I do except try to solve it myself? Sigh...luckily I'm not someone trying to train for Evo who would now suddenly be without online practice capabilities or the latest fixes...

Well, I mean if you were training for EVO, you'd probably be there already, have your pass and be practicing offline with others. Just saying.

And who knows, maybe they've disabled patch downloading till the maintenance is done? Can never know with Capcom.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Any tips for executing Zangief's Bolshoi Russian Suplex consistently? I'm fine on the SPD, but the two 360s throw me off and I wind up just making Gief jump instead. =\

lupinko

Just remember it like this.

Story Costumes are Fight Money exclusive.
Premium Costumes are Real Money exclusive.

Everything else can be purchased with either FM or real money individually.

There is also the season pass which contains the 6 DLC characters for this year, a Premium Costume for each of those 6 characters and Guile's Stage.

You can buy story costumes with real money for $1.99.

Just remember it like this.

Story Costumes are Fight Money exclusive.
Premium Costumes are Real Money exclusive.

Everything else can be purchased with either FM or real money individually.

There is also the season pass which contains the 6 DLC characters for this year, a Premium Costume for each of those 6 characters and Guile's Stage.

Just had a look in the PS store and i can't see any individual SF5 DLC characters available to buy. I have enough FM for all 6 right now so its not a problem but if i want to buy anyone later on or a stage and don't have FM then i can't see how i can in the store.

Just had a look in the PS store and i can't see any individual SF5 DLC characters available to buy. I have enough FM for all 6 right now so its not a problem but if i want to buy anyone later on or a stage and don't have FM then i can't see how i can in the store.

You should be able to do it in the in-game store. It might not be working right now but you definitely can buy them with real money.

ArjanN

When all is said and done Laura still has a better role in the story than Necalli.

The story problem with Necalli is similar to Akuma in that since he'd kill whoever he'd beat, it sorta means they can't let him really beat anyone (or they have to run away, get saved by someone else etc) and if you repeat that too much the villain character starts feeling toothless.

Raitaro

The story problem with Necalli is similar to Akuma in that since he'd kill whoever he'd beat, it sorta means they can't let him really beat anyone (or they have to run away, get saved by someone else etc) and if you repeat that too much the villain character starts feeling toothless.

Well he technically could - and imo should have - killed if not severly weakened
Bison and or Nash
but they even chickened out of that option it seems. And if not killing, he could have been used as a tool to suck negative energy out of people, like when the
Dolls or Abel become possessed / powered up by psycho power
or when Ryu
risks falling back into the dark hadou
. But alas, he didn't even manage to fulfill that role unfortunately.

I have a feeling that he has a part to play still though, since Bison
was awaiting his coming (and arguably even summoned him) as in accordance with an undisclosed plan, which might have been to use Necalli as a psyho power enhancer (through fear for instance) or perhaps even as another replacement body
. Remember, he did
die while
laughing.

It would be a waste for Necalli's role to be nothing more than a scary monster that appears out of nowhere but who can't actually harm / influence let alone kill anyone, apart from indirectly having Ryu master his calmness, no? Then again, it's Capcom we're talking about.

Pompadour

This is kind of why fighting game stories are so bad. They're mostly battles that resolve nothing that occur for silly reasons like mistaken identity or friends sparring. Only a few fights push the narrative forward.

The only thing I've ever wanted to see in a Street Fighter story mode is the explanation on how a street fighting tournament works. Who decides which people fight? How do they decide where to fight? Where is the referee? Where are the brackets? Etc.

That's always bothered me for some reason. Of course, if they did try to do this a big chunk of the cast would get eliminated in their first and only match because that's how tournaments work.

This is kind of why fighting game stories are so bad. They're mostly battles that resolve nothing that occur for silly reasons like mistaken identity or friends sparring. Only a few fights push the narrative forward.

The only thing I've ever wanted to see in a Street Fighter story mode is the explanation on how a street fighting tournament works. Who decides which people fight? How do they decide where to fight? Where is the referee? Where are the brackets? Etc.

That's always bothered me for some reason. Of course, if they did try to do this a big chunk of the cast would get eliminated in their first and only match because that's how tournaments work.

So the real question here is, who would go 0-2 in the real SFV tournament? I'm betting Birdie, he gets totally jobbed out by the dolls in the story mode.

Pompadour

So the real question here is, who would go 0-2 in the real SFV tournament? I'm betting Birdie, he gets totally jobbed out by the dolls in the story mode.

In SFV: Birdie and probably Chun-Li. It's interesting because Ryu probably wouldn't make it to the finals as a lot of characters can kick his ass before he gets his Goku-style power up and saves the day.

nded

Poor Shadowloo accountants.

In SFV: Birdie and probably Chun-Li. It's interesting because Ryu probably wouldn't make it to the finals as a lot of characters can kick his ass before he gets his Goku-style power up and saves the day.
2869357-tumblr_o3oppsyedw1qd9g7oo2_500.jpg

Hyun Sai

Now that I started playing more ranked and casuals since the patch, I have to admit :

The number of Ryu I encounter is staggering. Sometimes I wish they get rid of this character. Nash and Ken are second, and then Balrog and Ibuki for obvious reasons.

Now that I started playing more ranked and casuals since the patch, I have to admit :

The number of Ryu I encounter is staggering. Sometimes I wish they get rid of this character. Nash and Ken are second, and then Balrog and Ibuki for obvious reasons.

Ryu is top of the played list in every SF though. He's the king. If you are looking for matchup knowledge, ranked tends to be a poor way to do it. If you can you should try to find players to lobby with.

Ryu is god mode, best character in the game, he has no faults, if he's not great at something he good at it, his lowest rating is good...it's like this...

Damage is great..
Normals are good..
Defense is very good...

Hyun Sai

Ryu is top of the played list in every SF though. He's the king. If you are looking for matchup knowledge, ranked tends to be a poor way to do it. If you can you should try to find players to lobby with.

I know that, have already a good list to play with, and as I sayed I only played lobby before last patch.

But it was becoming hard to get a lobby match with "rookie" attached to your name without getting kicked, so getting to Gold was a necessary evil. Now I have no longer this problem.

mitchlol

Ryu is god mode, best character in the game, he has no faults, if he's not great at something he good at it, his lowest rating is good...it's like this...

Damage is great..
Normals are good..
Defense is very good...

Yeah but he isn't all that fun to play. Gief and Alex on the other hand :D I get so much joy bodying people with those two.

Pompadour

Close, but the real best boxer is Vanessa:

latest

UPPAH-CUTTO!

Yeah, I'm upset Vanessa isn't in the new KOF because if there's a boxer character I play that character and if it's a team game I put in as many boxers as possible. The only thing I know about KOF is that I'm playing Nelson so it would have been nice to have Vanessa so I would only have to think about one slot to fill on my team.

But seriously, the best boxer is Dudley.

Zackat

I will be switching to Sagat if they put him in. I love that guy.

Bonchan gonna be hype af.

Why am I getting hyped up when it was an Ono tease? Why are you doing this to me?

Edgeward

Any tips for executing Zangief's Bolshoi Russian Suplex consistently? I'm fine on the SPD, but the two 360s throw me off and I wind up just making Gief jump instead. =

If you do it raw then you will jump in the middle of doing the command but will be able to execute the move once he lands. Other things is to hide it behind a with a lot of animation like his headbutt or pther heavy attacks so he stays on the ground

Top Bottom