• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Spuck-uk

Banned
This doesn't surprise me at all, Alex is such a shallow character. I really hope they give him an overhaul.

o_O

He has a whole bunch of stuff to him, and one of the largest movelists. My favourite adaption of the DLC characters so far

DDT was trash in Third strike, a blockable slow throw..wow

Pompadour

o_O

He has a whole bunch of stuff to him, and one of the largest movelists. My favourite adaption of the DLC characters so far

I thought his DDT should just be his V-Reversal.

To make sure EVO matches don't restart due to the servers shitting themselves.

OR
They're fixing the PS4 glitch

OR
They're desperate for players to watch EVO for that Pro Tour Sponsorship Money

It would be insane for the PS4s to be online during EVO. Even if their servers ran perfectly people could just DDOS the servers during Top 8 and fuck over Capcom, EVO, and ESPN.

Solrac

Ryu is god mode, best character in the game, he has no faults, if he's not great at something he good at it, his lowest rating is good...it's like this...

Damage is great..
Normals are good..
Defense is very good...

ryu is so predictable to play against, is so good against mash button players

MrCarter

o_O

Didn't you know? Everything in third strike was untouchable and it was the most perfectly balanced and refined fighting game in the entire universe.

/s

Alex is way better in this game than he ever was in SF3.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
ryu is so predictable to play against, is so good against mash button players
With an amazing dash, tatsu, jumping lk, fireball, parry, uppercut and good normals, he's much less predictable than most of the rest of the cast. Not sure what you're talking about.

o_O

See, he's my least favorite character in the whole game. I think the whole design is just completely boring.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Didn't you know? Everything in third strike was untouchable and it was the most perfectly balanced and refined fighting game in the entire universe.

/s

Alex is way better in this game than he ever was in SF3.

Third Strike has Remy. Your snark is invalid.

DR2K

Banned
I like how they nerfed Cammy's most useless move. Even if the opponent thinks about crouching her throw will miss. Even if it were an overhead, it still would suck.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
If you do it raw then you will jump in the middle of doing the command but will be able to execute the move once he lands. Other things is to hide it behind a with a lot of animation like his headbutt or pther heavy attacks so he stays on the ground

Okay, that makes sense and would explain why I've only pulled it off in combos from trials where it comes after a head butt iirc. Thanks for the advice. =)

I like how they nerfed Cammy's most useless move. Even if the opponent thinks about crouching her throw will miss. Even if it were an overhead, it still would suck.

are you talking about the hooligan setup that's not supposed to hit crouchers but hits people crouching anyway?

BlizzKrut

Banned
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...kage/cid=UP0102-CUSA01200_00-CC20160000000000

"Show your support for the Capcom Pro Tour with the CPT Premier Package. Includes the following content: Chun-Li CPT Costume, Cammy CPT Costume, Mystery CPT Costume (content to be announced at a later date), Ring of Destiny stage, EX2 colors for 22 characters (all sixteen launch characters and the six 2016 DLC characters), and special in-game titles 'Capcom Cup 2016' and 'Capcom Pro Tour 2016'. A portion of all proceeds go to the Capcom Cup 2016 prize pool."

Neoxon

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...kage/cid=UP0102-CUSA01200_00-CC20160000000000

"Show your support for the Capcom Pro Tour with the CPT Premier Package. Includes the following content: Chun-Li CPT Costume, Cammy CPT Costume, Mystery CPT Costume (content to be announced at a later date), Ring of Destiny stage, EX2 colors for 22 characters (all sixteen launch characters and the six 2016 DLC characters), and special in-game titles 'Capcom Cup 2016' and 'Capcom Pro Tour 2016'. A portion of all proceeds go to the Capcom Cup 2016 prize pool."
Bought, though the Mystery CPT Costume is pretty suspicious. Either way, at least we know that the fancy Chun-Li & Cammy costumes are CPT Costumes.

Scotia

Banned

New stage sounds interesting, but $25 seems pretty steep.

Neoxon

Wait, the pack says all 22 characters, so maybe there won't be a new character announced. I hope I'm wrong & am overanalyzing the description of the pack.

Ryce

I understand the exclusive costumes, but locking a stage behind a $25 package is beyond sleazy. It better be available separately.

MrCarter

The stages and premium costumes are selling judging by the amount I see online, surprisingly they are doing quite well despite the price.

vg260

That pricing is bananas.

The stages and premium costumes are selling judging by the amount I see online, surprisingly they are doing quite well despite the price.

We don't know if those people only bought 1 or 2 costumes for just the characters they're using, but would normally have bought many more if the pricing weren't so high. A lot of people seem to acknowledge that the pricing is ridiculous, but shrug, cave, and pick up one for their main.

Capcom seems to be doubling down on gouging fans who only pick up a few as opposed to making it actually reasonable for those who like to purchase them for a bunch of characters or the whole cast. It's debatable which would make them more money in the long run, but the former seems much, much less customer friendly.

They're pricing me right out of this game, and I love alternate outfits and had no problem buying all the Ultra sets. There's no good justification for a 4x price increase.

Top Bottom