• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryce

Speaking of FM, what are the best ways to exploit Survival AI on normal? I've beaten it with Ryu, Ken, Bison, Birdie, Mika, and Rashid, but I can't seem to get past 27 or 28 with anyone else.

JayEH

Speaking of FM, what are the best ways to exploit Survival AI on normal? I've beaten it with Ryu, Ken, Bison, Birdie, Mika, and Rashid, but I can't seem to get past 27 or 28 with anyone else.

Non stop aggressiveness with everybody for the most part. Constantly jump in and do simple combo that knockdowns then repeat. The only two you really need to worry about are gief and Necalli. Gief likes to air spd and he will grab you. Just have to find a cheap move to spam to keep him away. Necalli is just very dp happy and he's one of the few characters to do v trigger combos. You can be aggressive but you need to be careful too.

TacosNSalsa

Okay..hopefully this is okay to post this here but this seems like a good place ... if you are in Brooklyn , the East Flatbush/ The Junction area, my friend is throwing a tournament .Right now Smug is there and they are waiting on Sanford and Lee Chung and a few others I think . I was supposed to go but had other things to do so had to cancel and feel like a total heel as he is a pretty good friend ..My spot is open it is FREE and there is food and drink there . I still might show up but there is no way I can make it for my sets..

Also it is being streamed ..

PM me if interested .

Edzi

GGs Flux. Dunno how you can go from playing an ultra aggressive Mika to ultra lame zoner playstyles with the projectile characters. You held back so much in some of those rounds that I dashed up to you from full screen and landed a throw at least twice lol. Still, I lost all my composure after the second set and just started going ham. -__- Kinda hard to get anything going when you hold back, block, and tech every single throw attempt. Your reactions are a bit beyond what I'm capable of atm.

FluxWaveZ

GGs Flux. Dunno how you can go from playing an ultra aggressive Mika to ultra lame zoner playstyles with the projectile characters. You held back so much in some of those rounds that I dashed up to you from full screen and landed a throw at least twice lol. Still, I lost all my composure after the second set and just started going ham. -__- Kinda hard to get anything going when you hold back, block, and tech every single throw attempt. Your reactions are a bit beyond what I'm capable of atm.

Ha, well the thing is that I've had a lot of people tell me my Mika is different than a lot of the ones they're familiar with because of the more patient and methodical approach I tend to go for with her in neutral, so that might impact how I play with other characters.

I was so confused during our sets since that was my first time playing Nash in real matches. I watched Bafael's "How to play Nash" video earlier and followed along in Training, but his walk speed and primary anti-air are extremely different than what I'm familiar with. Shimmies don't work the same, and I'm not used to primarily using an anti-air that isn't a vertically extending hitbox.

I adjusted slowly, though. Nash is fun.

Just started playing Balrog. Had no idea his dash punches were as unsafe as they are.

He's a lot of fun though, but I'm having trouble figuring out some decent block strings that are safe.

GGs! Guile mirrors are weird, heh. I really need to get better with him; I think right now I should be looking to jump less and have my AA game refined.

Yeah, Guile has a little more playstyle variance than most characters in this game, I think, making the mirrors even weirder. Your Boom/Cross rhythm was throwing me off pretty hard. Your Guile is definitely looking damn good.

molnizzle

Lol, $150 an hour.

Well at least these group sessions are cheaper than the 1-on-1. For gold/plat players it's $99 for 6 weekly group sessions. It's like a weekly battle lounge where gootecks and friends comment on your game and play against you too. Not a bad deal really. Brolylegs was in on it last night.

I just have a free bronze/silver session from email so I'm watching the gold/plat stream right now. I might actually do the $19 tier where you get to watch the facebook streams though.

Edzi

Well at least these group sessions are cheaper than the 1-on-1. For gold/plat players it's $99 for 6 weekly group sessions. It's like a weekly battle lounge where gootecks and friends comment on your game and play against you too. Not a bad deal really. Brolylegs was in on it last night.

I just have a free bronze/silver session from email so I'm watching the gold/plat stream right now. I might actually do the $19 tier where you get to watch the facebook streams though.

I still think it's a massive scam. Anything gootecks offers can be had for free with any number of existing sfv communities online, and most of those communities (like gaf) have players who are actually good and don't bitch about a game they barely understand.

molnizzle

I still think it's a massive scam. Anything gootecks offers can be had for free with any number of existing sfv communities online, and most of those communities (like gaf) have players who are actually good and don't bitch about a game they barely understand.

True, though it's nice to have someone commenting on your play directly. Especially if you're scrub like me and don't even know where to begin most of the time.

For gold/plat players def don't do training with Gootecks tho. lol

Grifter

True, though it's nice to have someone commenting on your play directly. Especially if you're scrub like me and don't even know where to begin most of the time.

Some of the other pros are less expensive, and if you're not traveling and exposed to tournament players, it may be worthwhile to pick their brains.

FluxWaveZ

All you need to do is post your own replays in this thread and you'll have people give you specific advice based on what they see in your matches. It's how I improved a lot a while back.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

Non stop aggressiveness with everybody for the most part. Constantly jump in and do simple combo that knockdowns then repeat. The only two you really need to worry about are gief and Necalli. Gief likes to air spd and he will grab you. Just have to find a cheap move to spam to keep him away. Necalli is just very dp happy and he's one of the few characters to do v trigger combos. You can be aggressive but you need to be careful too.

Great advice from Jay, I'll just add that the CPU is highly susceptible to cross-ups on wakeup and it lowers the odds you'll be anti-aired. If your character has a cross-up, always start your combo with that. And from stage ~26 onward you'll need to know when to back off and defend, because the AI can go crazy on you at the drop of a hat. Getting the knockdown is paramount because it allows you to restart your jump-in pressure on their wakeup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom