• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gren

I'm dreaming, but broke-ass Rose + no nerfs + Chun tracksuit DLC = closest return to A2 god tier as I could hope for.

Edzi

I can play for a bit; I'll invite you in a sec.

GGs. I feel like your Guile is, while annoying, still manageable for me at my level. What killed me were all the stupid tick setups you use, which plague me with any character -_-.

Btw, any advice for my Alex? I'm trying to really figure out what my major flaws are with him and I'm not sure where to start.

FluxWaveZ

Sorry for just being able to do a FT5, Edzi. It's late here so people are sleeping around me, and the stick is actually making quite a bit of noise, so I gotta stop. GGs, though.

Moaradin

Characters I hope make it in SFV at some point (season 2 or beyond)

Sakura (My main in SF4)
Makoto (I suck with her but I always thought she was rad)
Rose (My first character in Vanilla SF4)
Q

FluxWaveZ

GGs. I feel like your Guile is, while annoying, still manageable for me at my level. What killed me were all the stupid tick setups you use, which plague me with any character -_-.

Btw, any advice for my Alex? I'm trying to really figure out what my major flaws are with him and I'm not sure where to start.

Ha, I was actually so focused on pressing buttons quietly (I missed a bunch of backfist CC combos because of that) that I don't have the best advice right now. We should play soon once again. I think I remember several backfist Crush Counters if they weren't getting absorbed by the EX elbow slash armor, so maybe press fewer buttons at that distance against Guile unless you know it'll connect?

Edzi

Just fought a Bison who did nothing but back tech and jump and it worked so well I'm actually kind of shocked. There was no way for me to get any momentum going, he was always out of range.

Marvel

could never
Well I got Akuma just need:

Evil Ryu (miss that Axe Kick man) Dan, Sakura, Decapre, Gouken, Seth.... lol and Sagat would be cool. Characters that I never got around to play much if at all but would like to learn:

Q, Rose, Viper, Dudely, Abel, Makoto and Fei Long.

Very interested in what that Ed kid will be like, hope he is in season 2.

Id bet my GAF account that Seth never returns

oaWKYUd.jpg

nded

I could see them throwing in the occasional "palette swap" character like Decapre or Nadeshiko to keep things shaking in between seasons. That might actually be what's going on with Akuma if he still shares animations and a model base with Ryu and Ken.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
So what you're still saying is the fact they are of Asian descent implies something about the way they play fighting games?

I think he's saying that diligence and studiousness are emphasized in Asian American culture so in that sense his ethnicity might contribute to his skill. It's still kind of sketchy to use cultural generalities to explain/speculate about what's going on in the case of one individual, though.

I assume he's not saying that the essence of Asian-ness makes people good at fighting games because that would be the kind of racial essentialism that is obviously bunk and rightly frowned upon.

Sayad

I heard this about Season 2:

8 characters total: Akuma, Sagat, Oro, Sakura, Fei Long, C. Viper, & 2 new characters.

Dunno if its true. Take it with spoonful of salt.

This is the most logical list I've seen, popular characters, Oro, and 2 new characters. Sound good to me.

I've been thinking for a long time that Akuma might not be a season 2 character but might be a season 1 'bonus character' and at Capcom Cup they'll say something like "Akuma is available now as a bonus for all S1 season pass owners (and for purchase), Season 2 is coming beginning February".

One thing I wonder is if they'll change up the release schedule. I think the way things have panned out indicate that it might be better to have all characters available at the start of the Pro Tour season and have the content updates throughout the year instead be for costumes, stages, and other such things. I really hope to see additional cosmetic stuff too: I'd love announcer pack DLCs with classic SF announcers, classic SF music packs, etc. I'm probably a glutton for punishment in thinking this though given how much they charge for costumes.

ElFly

I have a source that tells me season two is, on top of Akuma

Sagat
Sakura
Oro
Necro
Gill
Heihachi
New guy

the source is my butt

mooncakes

Do you guys think top players in their circle already knows about season 2? I wouldn't be surprised because Combofeind is friends with a lot of people.

Do you guys think top players in their circle already knows about season 2? I wouldn't be surprised because Combofeind is friends with a lot of people.

There was rumor I read about a S2 panel at Red Bull Proving Grounds, and that some pro players might know about the possible changes coming at the end of the year.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, apparently some pro players know how what the balance patch is going to do, but none of them leaked anything, I guess.

Pro Players were also consulted on what type of systems they'd like to see for SF5 while it was still in early development. I remember Xian saying something along those lines and he said that he'd like to see different characters have different systems and abilities.

So it's certainly believable that some of the pro players would know what type of changes are happening in the balance patch, but tbh I doubt they'd know the full roster for S2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom