• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Video version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llOMW6HUkyA

Much like the guides vs. Mika in S1, you're not suddenly going to become great at defending vs. her just by knowing what you "should" do on paper.

pretty much lol. It does help to know what your options are but its not always easy or easy at all to react to certain things in this game, especially with the input lag.

Tbh one of the best Laura buffs were the input lag not going down to 4f.

Dahbomb

That's pretty much why Chris thought Laura and Balrog are crazy good... can't react to what they are doing even though you should be able to in some cases.

Man if I could have S1 FANG back, I'd take him back in a heartbeat. Not being able to punish blocked overheads 60% of the time makes me want to chuck my controller :(

RIP F.A.N.G, you were too bad for your godlike theme.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah that's one thing I don't like in V. They made a few horizontal moves insanely fast to the point that I've basically never seen anyone react to it. I think it was much cooler when you were able to throw an EX rush punch in 4 if you were really ready or even Ultra one if they did it from too far away. They really have to do it from full screen now in V for you to be able to do anything about it.

Edzi

Yeah that's one thing I don't like in V. They made a few horizontal moves insanely fast to the point that I've basically never seen anyone react to it. I think it was much cooler when you were able to throw an EX rush punch in 4 if you were really ready or even Ultra one if they did it from too far away. They really have to do it from full screen now in V for you to be able to do anything about it.

Fast AND safe, and in Rog's case, it's a low too. No idea what they were thinking.

That's pretty much why Chris thought Laura and Balrog are crazy good... can't react to what they are doing even though you should be able to in some cases.

Yea the input lag is a big factor in some MU's. A lot of the time, by the time you react it's too late which means you kinda have to preemptively press buttons or have a hard read.

Go into training mode and record Urien doing an ex tackle at the default spacing. Try to walk forward and crouch block after seeing Urien flash yellow. Most of the time you're already dead. Balrog's ex dash low is also extremely fast and you almost basically gotta be already holding the crouch block position beforehand instead of just reacting. Trying to neutral jump Guile's ex Sonic boom on reaction at default to closer ranges also ends up being an L.

With dashes being so fast as well it just adds to the things that are really hard to react to then when you do, your timing doesn't matchup with the game correctly because of the input delay and you end up getting command grabbed anyway. It's also why I think overheads are a bit better in this game but also terrible on block. I think Capcom are making changes that go with the input delay instead of just fixing the input delay lol

Yea the input lag is a big factor in some MU's. A lot of the time, by the time you react it's too late which means you kinda have to preemptively press buttons or have a hard read.

Go into training mode and record Urien doing an ex tackle at the default spacing. Try to walk forward and crouch block after seeing Urien flash yellow. Most of the time you're already dead. Balrog's ex dash low is also extremely fast and you almost basically gotta be already holding the crouch block position beforehand instead of just reacting. Trying to neutral jump Guile's ex Sonic boom on reaction at default to closer ranges also ends up being an L.

With dashes being so fast as well it just adds to the things that are really hard to react to then when you do, your timing doesn't matchup with the game correctly because of the input delay and you end up getting command grabbed anyway. It's also why I think overheads are a bit better in this game but also terrible on block. I think Capcom are making changes that go with the input delay instead of just fixing the input delay lol

In your opinion are they ever going to get the input lag down to SF4 levels on their own or will it take more complaining from the FGC about it for them to decide to lower it?

I wonder how much they'd have to change to compensate for an further input lag changes without nerfing some characters options or if that is the reason why they haven't lowered it anymore as it would take more time to implement it without breaking some of the current balance.

Marvel

could never
That's sad i actually enjoyed his capcom cup games as Fang, he was different and enjoyable to watch.
It is both sad and positive, I too loved watching his Fang in action. Was hype and I will miss it.

However I truly feel a player of his level and just a nice guy deserves more. I feel he was being held back.

Best of luck to him.

Dahbomb

I am pretty sure those moves you couldn't even react to even if they made the input lag better.

No oe is ever reacting to Balrog's EX Low. Input lag can be 0 and you would still get your legs clipped.

In your opinion are they ever going to get the input lag down to SF4 levels on their own or will it take more complaining from the FGC about it for them to decide to lower it?

I wonder how much they'd have to change to compensate for an further input lag changes without nerfing some characters options or if that is the reason why they haven't lowered it anymore as it would take more time to implement it without breaking some of the current balance.
They're not too far off from the PS4 version of USF4 (which I think was the worst version). I feel like Capcom will eventually give in and fix or at least announce that they're going to work on it and just never finish it. tbh I just don't have faith in 2017 Capcom anymore.

It'd change up the balancing a bit, but I think strong characters will stay strong and weaker characters will still be weak. Overheads might get an overhaul and be overall faster and maybe stay negative on block. A lot of gimmicks or side switch situations will be a lot easier to block because you can actually react and hold back in the proper direction instead of having to kinda decide on where you think they'll end up beforehand. Things like Birdie's Ex Grab, Alex's stun headbutt would also be easier to react to and neutral jump instead of back jump to. Most of the time when you get hit by it, you're already holding up but you're just a couple frames too late with the input delay lol. AA'ing with buttons that aren't st.LP will also be a bit easier. SFV would overall be a better game with the input delay being fixed lol
I am pretty sure those moves you couldn't even react to even if they made the input lag better.

No oe is ever reacting to Balrog's EX Low. Input lag can be 0 and you would still get your legs clipped.

Lol yea probably, but at least it'd give people a fighting chance to block it :p

Netcode is pure and utter shit, from victory to defeat, no HP left for either of us, I do Alex stomp kill her, hear KO, then rolled back to my defeat.. match did not lag first round I WON easily, round 2 and 3 lag fest, I am so fucking mad right now, this is beyond salt, losing points in rank to lagging cunts..

Kashiwaba

Netcode is pure and utter shit, from victory to defeat, no HP left for either of us, I do Alex stomp kill her, hear KO, then rolled back to my defeat.. match did not lag first round I WON easily, round 2 and 3 lag fest, I am so fucking mad right now, this is beyond salt, losing points in rank to lagging cunts..
Their servers are so bad right now, i don't even feel like playing anymore. Also it's more frustrating that capcom is not aknowledging the issues.

Their servers are so bad right now, i don't even feel like playing anymore. Also it's more frustrating that capcom is not aknowledging the issues.

They have in fact acknowledged that the servers are bad, and have even promised improvements, though that is not going to fix bad connections during matches.

When i thought my button won i was lost, I Crush Counter with Alex big boot, turned into me eating wild super, I jump in with HP see hit connect, roll back to Anti-air, this person didn't win because of skills all thanks to a 5 dollar netcode, and this is why i will remain in Bronze league forever and just play casuals...

Kashiwaba

Ucchedavāda;228694998 said:
They have in fact acknowledged that the servers are bad, and have even promised improvements, though that is not going to fix bad connections during matches.

This is how bad that match, when i thought my button won i was lost, I Crush Counter with Alex big boot, turned into me eating wild super, I jump in with HP see hit connect, roll back to Anti-air, this person didn't win because of skills all thanks to a 5 dollar netcode, and this is why i will remain in Bronze league forever and just play casuals...

I had no problems with the netcode at all except of the few laggy matches here and there, but recently I'm getting so many opponent connection lost (and I'm sure it wasn't RQ since the other player was almost beating me in almost all of them). also failed to retrieve data or the rookie league error where you lose your winning points. These problems used to happen, but now it's happening way too much like 80% of my matches.

I had no problems with the netcode at all except of the few laggy matches here and there, but recently I'm getting so many opponent connection lost (and I'm sure it wasn't RQ since the other player was almost beating me in almost all of them). also failed to retrieve data or the rookie league error where you lose your winning points. These problems used to happen, but now it's happening way too much like 80% of my matches.

I play my best friend who lives 5.89 miles away according to google, due to our small distance apart I am pretty sure we connect to same port, S1 didn't have too many laggy matches, maybe 1 match in every 20, S2 it's 3 match in every 10, sometimes the game will freeze completely for a second or 2, never happen in S1, servers got worse S2..

It's a stab in the dark, but does your router have any sort of QoS or DOS protection features? Turning off those features helped quite a bit back when USFIV came to Steam, with its rather broken netcode, so it might be worth a try for you.

Kashiwaba

Ucchedavāda;228696518 said:
It's a stab in the dark, but does your router have any sort of QoS or DOS protection features? Turning off those features helped quite a bit back when USFIV came to Steam, with its rather broken netcode, so it might be worth a try for you.
I'm at work now, i will check my router one i get back home, hopefully it will work.

Bigg_Oggy

This is my issue. Much more connections lost in season 2. Matches that are stable will suddenly drop, while laggy matches just stutter on. Really frustrating

LakeEarth

The worst is when you have a good connection for a round or two, but then mid-round the connection suddenly goes to shit and never gets better. How is that even happening?

The worst is when you have a good connection for a round or two, but then mid-round the connection suddenly goes to shit and never gets better. How is that even happening?

Yeah its weird. I've had the opposite happen - first round was a complete mess, barely playable and I almost disconnected but I won so figured what the heck. 2nd round started off the same but then within a few seconds it was completely fine.

I know they aren't hosting the matches but something is definitely different because just several weeks ago none of this was happening to me, now its pretty frequent and there are widespread complaints. I know its not my connection because I don't have issues in other games and my connection tests are fine. Must be shitty matchmaking and/or bad connection tests from Capcom.

They're not too far off from the PS4 version of USF4 (which I think was the worst version). I feel like Capcom will eventually give in and fix or at least announce that they're going to work on it and just never finish it. tbh I just don't have faith in 2017 Capcom anymore.

It'd change up the balancing a bit, but I think strong characters will stay strong and weaker characters will still be weak. Overheads might get an overhaul and be overall faster and maybe stay negative on block. A lot of gimmicks or side switch situations will be a lot easier to block because you can actually react and hold back in the proper direction instead of having to kinda decide on where you think they'll end up beforehand. Things like Birdie's Ex Grab, Alex's stun headbutt would also be easier to react to and neutral jump instead of back jump to. Most of the time when you get hit by it, you're already holding up but you're just a couple frames too late with the input delay lol. AA'ing with buttons that aren't st.LP will also be a bit easier. SFV would overall be a better game with the input delay being fixed lol

Yeah I've been on the receiving end of this quite a few times. Feels like I can't do much other than getting used to that player's playstyl/tendencies and being able to anticipate it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Mago and Tokido really tried to figure out Bison on the latest Topanga TV. They had a Bison pad player there, not sure who he was. Then they played against different Bisons online.
I guess they think he might be a problem.

edit: My first ranked match today, ragequit. What a great system you got there, Capcom.

Mago and Tokido really tried to figure out Bison on the latest Topanga TV. They had a Bison pad player there, not sure who he was. Then they played against different Bisons online.
If some of the top tier characters didn't get buffed into lolwut status, I think Bison could be competitively viable. Even if Capcom released a patch to tone down a few characters like Urien, he might see play.

There are zero reasons to play Bison over Urien, though.

Kashiwaba

edit: My first ranked match today, ragequit. What a great system you got there, Capcom.

He didn't RQ the game servers are so bad now games getting disconnected randomly, happened a lot in situations where no way my opponent would RQ at.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
He didn't RQ the game servers are so bad now games getting disconnected randomly, happened a lot in situations where no way my opponent would RQ at.
I literally just perfected him and we played 2 matches before (it was 1-1). He ragequit.

Edzi

It's really stupid. I wonder who these losers are, and what they even hope to achieve.

They're trolls, plain and simple. Almost every single one I've run into has used Vega, and now in S2 I'm seeing Bison. Why would they pick those characters if all they wanted to do was farm FM? Because their LK is a 3 framer, and that's the button they put on turbo to go through menus automatically. They do it specifically to make it annoying for the person playing them.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
So, uhm, what do you do against a Zangief that has the lifelead and just sits there mashing crouching jab? This beats absolutely everthing risk free.

Dahbomb

If some of the top tier characters didn't get buffed into lolwut status, I think Bison could be competitively viable. Even if Capcom released a patch to tone down a few characters like Urien, he might see play.

There are zero reasons to play Bison over Urien, though.
There are also zero reasons to play Bison over Balrog and I felt that in season 1.

Ok I guess Bison has a cross up and a slow moving projectile.

Edzi

So, uhm, what do you do against a Zangief that has the lifelead and just sits there mashing crouching jab? This beat absolutely everthing risk free.

Long range CC heavy? Though good Giefs will recognize you going for that and just parry into SPD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom