• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some interesting information about load-times in V from dantarion:

The animation at the end of character select is always the same length, and doesn't end early if the loading finishes early. Same with the fade to white.
The game contacts the server every single time you switch from mode to mode (To update your status on the friends lists, obtain a list of what DLC you have, etc.) If the server is being laggy it takes longer, and if it takes too long you get disconnected.
Some of the API calls ARE allowed to fail, like reporting matches, getting your stats after a match, etc.
Basically Capcom could update the game to allow mashing through the globe animation, fade to white, and it would easily cut off like 10 seconds of loading.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/5pgdbc/a_comparison_of_loading_times/dcsclvw/

MrCarter

My favourite complaint to read about is regarding S2 being all new characters, and how it's betraying fans from getting fan favourites. Some of these same people clamour for characters like Oro without a hint of self-awareness.

I want Oro as much as the next person but even I know he's not a "fan favourite" and is a niche character at best. Plus, the fact he was a new character (and well received, not favourite) in SF3 highlights that newcomers can change the game up by having new and unique move sets.

That's been known for a year and yeah, it's crazy.
It's extra crazy when you consider how much it slows down tournament play, which is supposedly the focus of this game.

My favourite complaint to read about is regarding S2 being all new characters, and how it's betraying fans from getting fan favourites. Some of these same people clamour for characters like Oro without a hint of self-awareness.
Those posts are the best.
I would expect to see some of Sakura, Sagat, Q, Cody, Poison, Dudley and Blanka in the next season (S3), since those are the most popular characters not already in V. So far, Capcom has mostly gone for the more popular characters, plus a few wildcards.

Bring back Blanka!

Ucchedavāda;228918640 said:
I would expect to see some of Sakura, Sagat, Q, Cody, Poison, Dudley and Blanka in the next season (S3), since those are the most popular characters not already in V. So far, Capcom has mostly gone for the more popular characters, plus a few wildcards.

Bring back Blanka!

Is Blanka popular? Don't get me wrong, I love him, but I always got the impression most hate his guts and those that play him. I'd go out of my way to play Blanka even if I'm worse with charge characters.

I would like Honda back too.

Neoxon

Is Blanka popular? Don't get me wrong, I love him, but I always got the impression most hate his guts and those that play him. I'd go out of my way to play Blanka even if I'm worse with charge characters.

Blanka is more iconic than popular.

The characters I included are listed in order of popularity, only excluding characters already in SFV*. According to that poll, he is the 20th most popular, when combing both Japanese and English results, but he is actually 11th if you only look at the English results.

I would like Honda, too.

* But I did keep listing characters till I reached Blanka. ;)

With new hosts Gootecks and Chris T.

tumblr_mbuar5chK01ridkofo3_250.gif

Sayad

Hated Blanka in SFIV, and didn't want to see him in SFV around launch, but I wouldn't mind him now, you just know he'll be remixed enough to not be as annoying.

The Jukebox mode in Tekken 7 is exactly what I want in SFV but I know I'll never get it because they'll never finish this game

30th anniversary and all we got for it so far is a new SF2 for a nintendo console and that the haters will be left behind

s m fhafsif

It won't be projectile invincible.

-2 ob, leaves you right next to your opponent.

Did I mention he won't have a 3-frame jab, and only his EX command grab will have enough range after the EX headbutt, and the EX command grab will have 6 frames of startup?
The Jukebox mode in Tekken 7 is exactly what I want in SFV but I know I'll never get it because they'll never finish this game

30th anniversary and all we got for it so far is a new SF2 for a nintendo console and that the haters will be left behind

s m fhafsif
People are complaining about how long it's taken to get a new Tekken on consoles but the game they'll eventually deliver will be a VERY good package overall.

While in Capcom land...

mbpm1

Did I mention he won't have a 3-frame jab, and only his EX command grab will have enough range after the EX headbutt, and the EX command grab will have 6 frames of startup?

But on the plus side, headbutt will be 12 frame startup and he'll have no anti-airs. Also buttslam will be + on block. This will encourage the solid gameplay that he has always been known for

Kappa

But on the plus side, headbutt will be 12 frame startup and he'll have no anti-airs. Also buttslam will be + on block. This will encourage the solid gameplay that he has always been known for

Kappa
Ahh, his Anti Airs might be bad but his Air-to-Airs will be the best in the Oh who am I kiding, he's gonna suck balls if he shows up here.

All I really want is the stopsign to come back. FANG has something similar but it's just not the same.

Tekken disappointed me. What methods of sadness will you employ for me, Capcom?

Also, Jav putting out anti-wake up AR tech which is literally taking two hits and busting through it for free damage lulll

LakeEarth

Ucchedavāda;228921724 said:
Hopefully they'd also make Blanka Ball safe on hit.

Yeah, doing Abel's ultra on a Blanka Ball on hit always felt dirty. Especially back in Vanilla where ultras did insane amounts of damage. It's like, how did they let that through?

Tekken disappointed me. What methods of sadness will you employ for me, Capcom?
Was it the delay that disappointed you? Cause let's be real, sticking to Q1 was looking straight up impossible. At least it's still in Q2.

Though admittedly I also haven't been waiting as long as you/Tekken fans have been so I feel your pain.

Was it the delay that disappointed you? Cause let's be real, sticking to Q1 was looking straight up impossible. At least it's still in Q2.

Though admittedly I also haven't been waiting as long as you/Tekken fans have been so I feel your pain.

I'm just hungry for fighting games. Delays are painful but at least they are fixing the loading times.

At this rate, he'll show up as a DLC character for MvC:I
I'm just hungry for fighting games. Delays are painful but at least they are fixing the loading times.
Like I said in the previous page, at least we can expect a well made and expansive fighting game when it does come out.

At this rate, he'll show up as a DLC character for MvC:I
Like I said in the previous page, at least we can expect a well made and expansive fighting game when it does come out.

Very true. Wish someone else woulda held off a bit, but hey, we got SFV three or so years earlier lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom