• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watch as much SF as possible, and even tune into everything but anime games because fuck if I can understand that. I do go outta my way to promote other games though, even if it's sharing an upcoming tournament. Play'em all, kids.

I stand by that opinion, playing SF4 on PC day one, and the netcode was always been very good to me, maybe you got shit internet, i don't know, or a shit PC, but my PC ran SF4 at 180 PLUS frames per second i never felt any of the underwater shit..

Edit: I am taking about PC version of SF4, which anyone will tell you the netcode was better than console, in general PC version was the best version to play not consoles.. PC version you could skip load times, by simply pushing start when the vs screen showed up after character selections..

SF4's netcode was universally trashed. But, again, what's bad for some ain't bad for everyone I guess.

I stand by that opinion, playing SF4 on PC day one, and the netcode was always been very good to me, maybe you got shit internet, i don't know, or a shit PC, but my PC ran SF4 at 180 PLUS frames per second i never felt any of the underwater shit..

Edit: I am taking about PC version of SF4, which anyone will tell you the netcode was better than console, in general PC version was the best version to play not consoles.. PC version you could skip load times, by simply pushing start when the vs screen showed up after character selections..

Did you play the PC version of USFIV day one? Back when the game clients literally DDOS'd each other?

Also, I'd say that SFV handles high latency connections much better than USFIV, thanks to the roll-back based netcode. Janky connections are still bad, but there's only so much that netcode can do.

Skilletor

I stand by that opinion, playing SF5 on PC day one, and the netcode was always been very good to me, maybe youg ot shit internet, i don't know, or a shit PC, but my PC ran SF5 at 189 PLUS frames per second I never felt any of the underwater shit.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
j1hm8gdmabby.jpg

That's a new one

Dahbomb

There are very few fighting games I actually hate especially those that were released recently.

I like SF4 but I prefer SFV. It's simple and straightforward, you don't have to focus much on execution, set ups or OSes. Makes it easier to spectate too, I can see something that the pros do and easily replicate in training mode if I want to (for the most part).

SF4 had a great tournament legacy though, among the best in fighting game history. SFV can get there but Capcom has to step it up some more.

Did the old one get Perma ban? if Capcom just gonna reset them, t gonna keep doing this shit over and over..

What's there to stop the cheaters from just making another account? Capcom has to fix the underlying security issue (as I understand it, that the game / server does not validate SSL certificates) if they want to cut down on this kind of thing.

Skilletor

I am said my peace you can say whatever....we have a difference of opinions....

That's perfectly fine. But slinging out silly things like "maybe you have a shit pc," or "maybe your internet sucks," is stupid. The likely culprit is that you have a higher tolerance for input lag than others might.

I think SF4's netcode is fine under perfect circumstances. Anything less than 5 bars, with the characters I played (and how I chose to play them), made doing combos impossible. I much prefer SF5 since I prefer the way it handles input lag on good to great connections.

Both are bad when things get rough, though.

My Internet and pc are pretty good. :)

MrCarter

I am said my peace you can say whatever....we have a difference of opinions....

What's the point of a forum and debating then? Pretty sure that's how it works. You say something and you get a rebuttal, no point burying your head in the sand. As for SF4 netcode being "good", I have to disagree. That mess was awful even in USFIV - which came out 5 years after the first version of the game. However, that's not to say SFV is perfect, it still has issues that need to be ironed out.

That's perfectly fine. But slinging out silly things like "maybe you have a shit pc," or "maybe your internet sucks," is stupid. The likely culprit is that you have a higher tolerance for input lag than others might.

I think SF4's netcode is fine under perfect circumstances. Anything less than 5 bars, with the characters I played (and how I chose to play them), made doing combos impossible. I much prefer SF5 since I prefer the way it handles input lag on good to great connections.

Both are bad when things get rough, though.

My Internet and pc are pretty good. :)

Maybe i shouldn't have phrased it like that....but if you don't have a good PC when playing any kinda of MP games it will impact how online plays, different specs impact your FPS, i never felt this under water thing people talk about since my PC ran SF4 above 180FPS with everything MAXED Out..

The SFV netcode...
A netcode that punish one person is a pathetic..

SF4 netcode was sync, many times when i played a friend or someone had a mic in rank/lobby almost at the same time holyshit laaaaaag, both players experience it at the same time.
SFV netcode isn't sync 90% of time one player feels the rollback.

The only time when both players experience lag in SFV at same time, when it's truly a awful...

SFV netcode doesn't do a good job with wifi, most of my rollback games from PS4 users since majority of PS4 are connected through wifi..

I will give you an example, just yesterday my friend desktop PSU died, he has a gaming laptop, internet connection of 100/60up... getting roll back, ask him if he's on wifi, yup, he was lazy and playing in bed, he connects it to Lan, we played 6 more games, not sets, games, no lag.. SFV netcode lagging with that internet connection, shows it can't do wifi...

Maybe one day they will fix the netcode....but the same time frame in SF4 vanilla(11months) i wasn't salty over lag, i was salty because i got my ass whooped, SFV I am more salty over all the fucking roll back than losing..

Yeah that's just not true. I hated that input lag necode and take SFV's any day over that one.

I would take Input Lag over having 16 frame start up moves becoming 1f on start up. Rolento would be top tier online if he was in this game.

I bought SFxT on PSN because it was cheap. Played against a 4 bar Ryu//Bison player who just jumps away while in the lead. Playable and kicked his ass.

Went back to 3rd Strike and faced many players with 100+ ping. Completely playable.

In SFV, faced a 5 bar Bison from Panama. I think you can guess what happened.

SF4 on PC was near perfect. Having to benchmark before jumping online and grading them a long showing the players bar. The only issue it ever had when it moved to Steamwork which wasn't even Capcom's fault this time

Rollback is 100% preferable over input lag, because with rollback you can still do your combos just fine; if it doesn't roll you back on the first hit, it won't roll you back out of any hit of the combo, unless you dropped it, instead of having to press buttons in advance to counteract the input lag.
Oh and if your opponent had a garbage pc it would slow the game down to their FPS as a constant as well, this on top of them slowing the game down with lag spikes from a potential shitty connection.

Input lag based netcode for a fighting game can go die in a fire.

SFV netcode isn't sync 90% of time one player feels the rollback.

The only time when both players experience lag in SFV at same time, when it's truly a awful...

I know you're upset, but you're straight up pulling numbers and "facts" out of your ass here.

Rollback is 100% preferable over input lag, because with rollback you can still do your combos just fine; if it doesn't roll you back on the first hit, it won't roll you back out of any hit of the combo, unless you dropped it, instead of having to press buttons in advance to counteract the input lag.
Oh and if your opponent had a garbage pc it would slow the game down to their FPS as a constant as well, this on top of them slowing the game down with lag spikes from a potential shitty connection.

Input lag based netcode for a fighting game can go die in a fire.

I know you're upset, but you're straight up pulling numbers and "facts" out of your ass here.

Using Turbo causes the game to lag. Just mashing out of dizzy causes the rollback to kick in. Then there is the ps4's slow CPU that causes performance drop playing online.

It's the Zelda cycle, but it applies to Street Fighter as well. Pretty much every new entry since SF2 has been hated on when it came out.
My favourite complaint to read about is regarding S2 being all new characters, and how it's betraying fans from getting fan favourites. Some of these same people clamour for characters like Oro without a hint of self-awareness.

You right man, i pull that out my ass, i have about 300 plus matches against a friend and never in matches have we both said i got roll back at the same time, never, the real number is 100%...

PS:I undercut the numbers again it's close to 450-500 matches, on our day offs we will play 2 hour session with out blinking..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom