• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

I imagine if Capcom patched the game and said they reduced SFV's input lag to SF4 levels but actually didn't do anything people would post about how much more responsive the game feels until someone officially tested it. Sure, I'd like it if another frame was removed but I doubt the impact it would have is all that important.

My dad's friend who works with a guy who works with a relative wat capcom says the frame lag has actually been 0 the whole time and we all just suck.

ElFly

My dad's friend who works with a guy who works with a relative wat capcom says the frame lag has actually been 0 the whole time and we all just suck.

I can confirm that y'all suck

jokes aside, maybe further input lag reductions would require messing too much with UE4? and/or it may mess up with the online code

they may not have the expertise needed to do it, or cannot do it cheaply

Just got SFV and a HORI Real Arcade Pro 4 Kai. Haven't played much since SF4/SSF4. Which character is good to start out with? (I've liked Ryu since SF2, but would prefer to go with someone different.)

I'm actually legitimately surprised that Dhalsim got ranked that low, he's a very dangerous character. The only issue is that you see so few legitimately god-tier Dhalsims that you tend to always underestimate the character.

But a Dhalsim main should know better IMO.

FluxWaveZ

Is this PR Rog's Balrog match ups part 2?! I guess no one want to see their character nerfed, someone call Chris G to get in on this. :D

A lot of top players place Dhalsim down there. He has a lot of bad MUs, bad health, and he's in for a bad time when nearly any character gets close.

All of those characters in the A+ list (except for Guile) are characters that are good against Dhalsim. It's not just about Sim himself, but the characters people playing him will usually face.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
the stupid part is that they haven't even answered the most simple of complaints: an arcade mode

I mean, they got that half coded in survival anyway

It's very frustrating to imagine how few people must actually be working on this game right now for them to achieve so little over so many months.

Pompadour

2.5 is what they were going to ship anyway since they expect 4 million shipped before the end of the fiscal year. They expect fighting games they release to ship 2 million by the end of fiscal so they always ship 1.4 million immediately (SFxT did as well as V). If they ship more than that it means, at least, they sold through their initial shipment.

Of course, I expect RE7 to do very well but all this indicates is retailers were willing to buy 2.5 million copies of a game from a series whose last numbered entry shipped over 6 million.

Honestly, what's the point of even having that discussion? Resident Evil has to be their most successful franchise ever and Fighting Games are a super niche genre, fucking of course RE7 would ship more.

It's not the problem with SFV. even if SFV had the most complete package ever on launch, it would still ship much less than RE7.

I'm actually legitimately surprised that Dhalsim got ranked that low, he's a very dangerous character. The only issue is that you see so few legitimately god-tier Dhalsims that you tend to always underestimate the character.

But a Dhalsim main should know better IMO.

undermine olympics b

ElFly

2.5 is what they were going to ship anyway since they expect 4 million shipped before the end of the fiscal year. They expect fighting games they release to ship 2 million by the end of fiscal so they always ship 1.4 million immediately (SFxT did as well as V). If they ship more than that it means, at least, they sold through their initial shipment.

Of course, I expect RE7 to do very well but all this indicates is retailers were willing to buy 2.5 million copies of a game from a series whose last numbered entry shipped over 6 million.

to be fair SF was their most successful franchise until RE6 exploded for whatever reason

they have just historically mishandled SF at times

Sayad

Isn't SF2 and SFIV the only multi million selling SF games? Meanwhile, the worst performing mainline RE game was RE4 on the GC with under 2 million, and that got fixed within a year by the PS2 release!

Sayad

With a 33 million sales discrepancy between franchises, is this true?

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/salesdata.html
You can clearly see where those games went wrong lol:
qv7KS6h.png

MrCarter

Apparently SFV's director blocked inoVS on twitter lol
https://twitter.com/inoVSVSVSVSVSVS/status/824942101846597632

What the hell is capcom doing?
For those who dont know, inoVS is a lab monster that shares tech all the time... and who is not very happy with SFV current state.

Was he trolling his account all the time by spamming with continuous tweets? Either way, it's his personal account and if he wants to stop that he can. Not sure why he doesn't just make his account private.

HardRojo

Tried playing some casual matches to get that Mission (the only thing that keeps me coming back to this... game) and got 2 disconnections while the match was loading, not to mention how fucking long it takes to find one. It's been almost a year Capcom, I gave them the benefit of the doubt, I thought everything would be completely fine within a year, I was wrong, I start caring less and less about this game, I love Street Fighter but this game is just hard to come back to. I might just stick to coming back for the weekly missions, but other than that I might eventually drop the game, luckily more stuff is coming out so at least I'll have something to play. Typed all of this while I'm sitting here, waiting over 10 mins a single match...

Tried playing some casual matches to get that Mission (the only thing that keeps me coming back to this... game) and got 2 disconnections while the match was loading, not to mention how fucking long it takes to find one. It's been almost a year Capcom, I gave them the benefit of the doubt, I thought everything would be completely fine within a year, I was wrong, I start caring less and less about this game, I love Street Fighter but this game is just hard to come back to. I might just stick to coming back for the weekly missions, but other than that I might eventually drop the game, luckily more stuff is coming out so at least I'll have something to play. Typed all of this while I'm sitting here, waiting over 10 mins a single match...

Do you have locals at all? At this point, I'm just gonna head to my locals more often. It's a good excuse, because I enjoy the game and I don't want to sit around waiting for matches. That being said, I haven't had issues all day surprisingly, but I might take a break from the online until it gets updated.

Besides battle lounges.

Was he trolling his account all the time by spamming with continuous tweets? Either way, it's his personal account and if he wants to stop that he can. Not sure why he doesn't just make his account private.

According to the dude he said SFV was like a doujin game and that CSGO has a better system. At least that's what google translate tells me in his response to someone.

Dahbomb

23 DMC games? How the hell are these counted?
Each SKU in different regions is counted separately. Plus we have some random mobile games too.

So DMC3 NA, Japan, EU and then DMC3SE NA, Japan, EU with PC version is like 7 different game releases. And of course re-releases.

HardRojo

Do you have locals at all? At this point, I'm just gonna head to my locals more often. It's a good excuse, because I enjoy the game and I don't want to sit around waiting for matches. That being said, I haven't had issues all day surprisingly, but I might take a break from the online until it gets updated.

Besides battle lounges.
I do, but they're few and far between so it isn't really a viable option. It's just really frustrating, I was really willing to concede that whole year for then to fix things, but seeing as how the game is shaping up 11 months after release, I don't have much faith, honestly.

Sayad

Each SKU in different regions is counted separately. Plus we have some random mobile games too.

So DMC3 NA, Japan, EU and then DMC3SE NA, Japan, EU with PC version is like 7 different game releases. And of course re-releases.
Do they really count regions?! That put DmC alone at 13, think it's just SKU and re-releases.

I do, but they're few and far between so it isn't really a viable option. It's just really frustrating, I was really willing to concede that whole year for then to fix things, but seeing as how the game is shaping up 11 months after release, I don't have much faith, honestly.

Ahh that sucks. Well, you can always return. For now, Injustice 2 is coming out soon, GG is getting updated, and KOF is a thing, although last I heard the online was butt (but I could be wrong). And Tekken in June as well.

Shadoken

to be fair SF was their most successful franchise until RE6 exploded for whatever reason

they have just historically mishandled SF at times

Nah outside of SF2 which did shitloads ( Contributing to probably over 80% of the franchises revenue ).
Monster Hunter, Resident Evil and maybe even Devil May Cry are bigger than SF in the modern Capcom era ( PS2/PS3/PS4). Actually I think SFIV did outperform DMC4 , idk exact numbrs.

I mean SF franchise has decent looking numbers because of SF2 but outside of it , I think even Dead Rising does better these days. And soon Mahvel will also take over thanks to SFV clusterfuck.

It's not the problem with SFV. even if SFV had the most complete package ever on launch, it would still ship much less than RE7.

Naaah breh , according to Gaf analytics SFV was gonna sell 5m "easy"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom