• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

phoenix-emo.gif

I'm tired of hearing about (eventually broken) promises and efforts. I'd like some actual results.
Fuck this counts kinda, doesn't it?

For your "bet," I suppose it would. Another one lost.

It's better than nothing, honestly. This means they are actively looking at the S2 changes that people don't like, and are on track to fix the netcode. It might be Spring, but at least there's a general timeframe.

I guess a CPT and DLC posts are next. Hopefully we can get more information about arcade and extra battle.

LMAO. Not even two hours later.

Fuck you Harrison it's 9 something at night on a Thursday you know you don't update this blog stuff unless it's Wednesday.

HardRojo

Whatever happened to the ragequitting seal? Did they ever bring it back?
Edit: When is spring in the US? It's summer over here right now.

You know what, Capcom? Double or nothing. DLC and CPT event stuff next week with a roadmap.

Let's go.

I doubt they will do balance patch after Final Round right?

I really think they have the changes mostly implemented and just want to see how the meta plays out for another month.

So whatever Jav needs to do, he'd better do it soon.

FluxWaveZ

I guess there are certain implications with the balance patch bit, but it's too vague. Could mean they'll make adjustments to the outliers to normalize the balance sooner than later, though.

Looking at the V-League "tier list" stats of the top 100 players, Akuma, Alex, FANG, Mika are in the bottom 4. Not surprising. Ibuki's there as part of the bottom 5, though, which I found a bit unusual. Top 4 is Necalli, Cammy, Bison and Chun-Li, which isn't surprising either.

Edzi

Anyone wanna play? CFN EdziPC

EDIT: Wait, the servers are still down? I assumed they were up after the unity post. -_-

God dammit. My gaming time is so limited I finally break free of grown up responsibilities and can't even play. I am this close to just getting into Guilty Gear. It's like every other time I play I have issues.

Zackat

God dammit. My gaming time is so limited I finally break free of grown up responsibilities and can't even play. I am this close to just getting into Guilty Gear. It's like every other time I play I have issues.

yeah I have thought about it too. is it known how much the upgrade to rev 2 is going to cost?

At this point, I genuinely think they need a complete overhaul/re-release and fresh start. There's too much bad blood with the game already.

f2p launch would be good. that's just me though.

yeah I have thought about it too. is it known how much the upgrade to rev 2 is going to cost?

f2p launch would be good. that's just me though.
We don't know yet but it's approximately $20 U.S. for Japan I believe. I expect $15-$20. I bought the game for $20 from Amazon but have barely touched it because it's just a distraction from getting better at SF. Reading some of the posts above mine though it looks like they are finally fixing some shit?

They communicated that they have big plans to fix shit in the spring, and that they are open to balance changes due to community feedback. What's left is the CPT and DLC stuff. They need to address the QoL and missing features, and where everything is coming. Even if it's piddly blogposts with little bits of information spread around, it's better than nothing.

No one is going to be happy until the content is in their hands either way, so it's best to just keep people as informed as possible. That, to me, shows that they are actually listening to people's complaints on certain issues and want to fix the game. Or, is the first step to fixing it.

I know people want the netcode to be corrected and fixed right outta the gate, but I'mma let them do what they have to do. If it's shit, I'll just play another game until the servers get better. Are KOF servers fine now? I remember them having an issue.

Everybody hide yo mains , hide yo tech , Capcops out to nerf.
Just fucking buff, Capcom

Black Jesus
At least tournament diversity is gonna be a thing either way.

You just won't see Alex, FANG, or Nash.
Guys like Bonchan might get Nash to a few top 8s and maybe even grand finals, but those three will probably be mostly absent at large tournaments. They will probably have the odd appearances here and there in top 32 and top 16.

For survival at least, you need to be online when you beat it to get the fight money.
Right, but let's say I complete a new survival round while offline, it marks it as complete with the little bookmark and I don't get FM. If I go online at a later date and complete the same survival again will then get the FM?

Basically am I missing out on the FM forever if complete one while offline? That would be ridiculous so I'm assuming that's not the case.

Edit:
Edit: I misread. It's the second thing you said.

Got it, thanks.

I still haven't had a chance to really play this since the December update (peak season was busy as fuck), but reading the last couple of pages it seems like everyone is down on the game. What gives? Were the balance changes garbage like most Capcom balance changes?

Right, but let's say I complete a new survival round while offline, it marks it as complete with the little bookmark and I don't get FM. If I go online at a later date and complete the same survival again will then get the FM?

Basically am I missing out on the FM forever if complete one while offline? That would be ridiculous so I'm assuming that's not the case.
If you complete it again, you'll get the fight money.

We’re also happy to announce that the team has been hard at work for several months to improve the network quality of CFN. We can’t share all of the details quite yet, but we are anticipating an update this Spring. We have more news to share on this in the coming months.

LttP: Just woke up to these empty promises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom