• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the ping tests were actually accurate people wouldn't need to ask for region filters.

If 5 bars could be counted on, no one would care where their opponent was located.

Because a good connection is necessary to make the game playable, the player base is already effectively being cut into pieces based on region.
Yup, KoF XIV online is literally dead for me because the game thinks that the only people I should be playing with are Chinese/Taiwanese players, and I do NOT get good pings with them.

It was good games but the thing which i abused is you were pretty much free to grabs and cross ups try to watch out for then other than that your fang is solid :)
I honestly had no idea what I was supposed to do. You are the first capable rashid I'd ever fought and it definitely showed. You handled me. I was just hype to get a few rounds on you here and there lol

That was my highest rank too. Never could quite make it to Gold...

One day.

Oh and congrats, keep on that grind!

Thanks. Made it to around 3800 then lost a couple matches to a Silver Karin so have called it a night now my streak is over.

I thought that getting to Gold would be the trophy that kept me from Platinum but it's more likely going to beat Hell survival now.

If the ping tests were actually accurate people wouldn't need to ask for region filters.

If 5 bars could be counted on, no one would care where their opponent was located.

Because a good connection is necessary to make the game playable, the player base is already effectively being cut into pieces based on region.

If people really do not want a region filter than Capcom needs get rid of the current netcode that is giving issues to the Jaguar and be more like Killer instinct. Worst case scenario KI would stutter infrequently if the connection is not stable.

Skab

What is it with these annoying fucks that do nothing but stay back. Time over'd some dumbass twice.

If it makes you feel any better I just beat someone who would just get the life lead then run away and tea bag all game.

Then I took the points and ran.

Hubb

Any tips for how to deal with an opponent who just keeps jumping as Karin? I am so bad at dealing with those people.

Is my best bet just try and dash under them until I can make contact?

Vice

Any tips for how to deal with an opponent who just keeps jumping as Karin? I am so bad at dealing with those people.

Is my best bet just try and dash under them until I can make contact?
Jump back medium kick works well. So does neutral jump medium kick. I believe heavy does as well.

Hubb

Jump back medium kick works well. So does neutral jump medium kick. I believe heavy does as well.

I'll have to try that more, I am just salty because I fought 2 people back to back that did nothing but jump constantly. I'm sure they spent 3x the amount of time in air then on the ground. I'm not very good and my AA game is weak so it feels like banging my head against a wall.

vulva

Ggs, I liked your adaptation for when I'd slow it down. Just remember that if we're a full screen apart then you don't need to go in. Let me get desperate

Csr

People in the KOF thread whine about region filters cutting the player base in pieces, people in the SF thread whine about wanting region filters to cut the player base in pieces. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's hilarious.

Region filters can be problematic, especially when the playerbase is not that big. For some regions the result is that they stop finding people to play with in modes with region filtering even though before there was no problem.

Like people said though there are many other problems with the game that make it harder to find good matches. Bars and flags taking forever to display or not being displayed at all in Battle lounge, 4 and 5 bars not behaving like 4-5 bars for a large percentage of the matches. Other filters like skill filtering (which unlike region filtering is only helpful imo) not being included. Options not being saved. Eliminating single sided rollback, netcode improvements and an option to display ping numbers would also help a lot.

Marvel

could never
That feel when you hear and see your attack land but rollback says nu uh, you eat a super because you're all confused.

Lol.

myco666

Man Capcom really needs to work on the connection bars. Just accepted couple of one bar matches in Casual and they turned out to be 5 bar connections. I have probably skipped bunch of decent connections because of this.

Also I really like DP happy Cammys. DP after I succesfully AA you? Yeah eat that 70% CC combo.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Man Capcom really needs to work on the connection bars. Just accepted couple of one bar matches in Casual and they turned out to be 5 bar connections. I have probably skipped bunch of decent connections because of this.

Also I really like DP happy Cammys. DP after I succesfully AA you? Yeah eat that 70% CC combo.
Yep, biggest problem with the online right now isn't the netcode, it's the connection rating. You can have terrible 5 bar matches (like in the last Excellent Adventures episode). But you can also accidentally accept 1 bar matches that are completely fine. An improvement in this regard would make the whole game better.

Marvel

could never
I don't know how on earth a Human can use a DS3 for fighters lol, you have my respect.

Can never be without my DS4 for fighters now.

Oh and I just hit Silver on my new account, yay! back to where I was.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Luffy won EVO on a PS1 controller. No excuses.

He actually said on the Topanga stream that this is his original PS controller, too.

Goney

I don't know how on earth a Human can use a DS3 for fighters lol, you have my respect.

Can never be without my DS4 for fighters now.

Oh and I just hit Silver on my new account, yay! back to where I was.

Preach. I hit Gold using a DS4 the other week.

And Nuckledu now plays with a DS4 and he used to use a DS3 with USF4.

Again, no excuses. Hell, I use a DS4 and I've never had execution errors that were the fault of the pad and not my own.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Yay but they are not durable the d-pad becomes loose overtime it's fixable though.

boo

I'm playing with a DS3 on PC and I'm pretty sure it's negatively affecting me. :p Can't do sticks tho.

I think Kashiwaba is talking about the previous model (which I have and like a lot). The latest model without the adjustable dpad should not have that particular problem.

Either model is great if you want to use the right side shoulder buttons because you can set those to be L1 and L2 instead of duplicating the R1 and R2 that are already on the face of the controller. I also think the dpad is way better than dualshock for SF-style command inputs.

So I feel like messing around with a new character... wondering how casual matchmaking works? Will it match me with someone based on my ranked points?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom